Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default All-New X-Men, #8

MUTANTS AND...MAGIC?!
    • As young Beast continues to struggle with his new life in the present day Marvel Universe, he turns to another man of science for guidance-former surgeon and present day sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange!
    • But seeing as Strange has put down his scalpel to pick up a spellbook, Beast might be receiving very different answers than he was hoping for...

Full article here.

No matter how old he is, Beast is just a douche.
    Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    All-New Wolverine Deadpool
    All-New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Extraordinary X-Men Old Man Logan

Yeah...Tank, your not helping.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

Bye bye Pickles. We barely knew you.
    Stop complaining and start dancing!

...and Beastie Boy was going so well so far, not counting that Jean Grey foolishness.
    Something Cyclops related always sends Beasts off the deep end, no matter their age. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

That really was something from Beast. "I don't like you or what you do but here I am be happy I'm lowering myself to your level."

Beast has a LONG ways to go before I can say he's likable again. He's been one of the least sympathetic characters since the end of Matt Fraction's run on Uncanny X-men. But I do think O5 Beast has a better chance at redeeming himself than his adult counterpart. I hope this series can help with that effort, but like I said. He still has a long ways to go.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

So basically Beast goes to the world renowned expert of magic and proceeds to talk down to it, saying that he's lowering himself to it before asking for help. Bravo Beast I don't know whether you deserve a slow clap or a facepalm. Is there just a quota to fill on Beast acting like an idiot considering last issue he couldn't figure out that Cyclops was underground?

Dr Strange is a quack. I am happy Hank put that loon back in his place.

Did the "Young" X-men age or something? Hank looks like he's in his late 20s there. heh. Glad to see nothing changes with Hank no matter which one it is and he cuts right to the chase and starts insulting Stephen Strange.
    Graphic Novice Podcast available on iTunes

Newbie Member

Was there an explanation given as to why Illiyanna could not/did not take them back to their own time?

I would be able to enjoy this issue better if they solve the whole Tyke stuck underground cliffhanger from last issue. I guess I'll skip this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanticus View Post
    Was there an explanation given as to why Illiyanna could not/did not take them back to their own time?
    Nope. And any attempt to get clarification from Editorial has been met with blank stares.
    Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    All-New Wolverine Deadpool
    All-New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Extraordinary X-Men Old Man Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nope. And any attempt to get clarification from Editorial has been met with blank stares.
    So no explanation for why Yana couldn't stop the Terriegin bomb or Cyke's "attack" with a friendly warning or stabbing him like so many want?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So no explanation for why Yana couldn't stop the Terriegin bomb or Cyke's "attack" with a friendly warning or stabbing him like so many want?
    Consequence-free time travel is the stupidest power a writer can give a character. It prevents suspension of disbelief over any catastrophic event.