Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,749 of 1749

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Marvel isn't basing which movies should and shouldn't be made based on the popularity of the comics. If that were the case Ant-Man, GOTG, and Blade would have never been made. Just because something is or isn't popular in the comics doesn't mean it will or won't be popular as a live action film.
    Your right to some degree. The first phased was used and set up the universe with the "next best" characters Marvel had left. Without Spider-man and the X-Men they had to use the "next best" selling properties. Which were Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk and the Avengers. Antman is only getting made because of a respected directors push. GoTG got made because it is a decent way to intro certain characters and concepts for what's coming and it proved to be a excellent stand in for the missing FF franchise. ( not to mention that there were only a few profitable team left to use at that point) And Blade wasn't even made by Marvel Stuidos but again was a product of another studio wanting to make a vampire film, with which in returned help bail marvel out of debt.

You are right about the bold though. In the next couple of years if everything goes ok and the so called "super hero" bubble does not pop we will be seeing probably a few C & D listers appearing in the MCU and it will all be due to the proper building, establishing and nututruing of the Marvel brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm kind of baffled at why this has to be explained to people.
    I'm equally baffled that some think that the only thought that goes into stuff like this is...."hey this guy looks cool! Let's put him in a film". Especially when it is coming from the company who was literally about to close it's doors for good due to how much debt they were in.

Guess people think loosing money is a good thing . *shrug*

I dont think anyone has a problem with starting with Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor...they all have long running solos. The problem is all the excuses for why Marvel cannot do a movie lead by a non white dude while they got no problem squeezing out Ant-man, GOTG, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I dont think anyone has a problem with starting with Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor...they all have long running solos. The problem is all the excuses for why Marvel cannot do a movie lead by a non white dude while they got no problem squeezing out Ant-man, GOTG, etc.
    I honestly believe if that director hadn't pushed so hard for Antman and if the director wasn't a popular name Black Panther would have dropped before him. Even though arguably Antmans no greater or no less of a choice than BP. But I'm also pretty positve BP is coming sooner than some think.

I was pretty offended reading the Avengers issue where Sunspot calls the stripes kids "Zebras." It was a what the f^ck moment

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I honestly believe if that director hadn't pushed so hard for Antman and if the director wasn't a popular name Black Panther would have dropped before him. Even though arguably Antmans no greater or no less of a choice than BP. But I'm also pretty positve BP is coming sooner than some think.
    *hits Jeopardy buzzer*

What are things people have been saying since 2010.

Before people had gotten irritated about it and were just openly hoping for a Black Panther film people said were saying the exact same thing you just said about a Black Panther film.

"I'm sure it's coming"

"I'm positive it's going to be the next film made"

"I have no doubt Black Panther will be in Avengers"

"It's obvious they're saving Black Panther for Phase 2"

Then you had D'Esposito's comments and that was kind of the last straw for a lot of people.

So yeah, a lot of people have become skeptical about a Black Panther movie. There's been a lot of "someday we might maybe possibly" talk about it but no actual movement beyond some easter eggs and a screenwriter being named.

*hits Jeopardy buzzer*

Before people had gotten irritated about it and were just openly hoping for a Black Panther film people said were saying the exact same thing you just said about a Black Panther film.

"I'm sure it's coming"

Then you had D'Esposito's comments and that was kind of the last straw for a lot of people.

So yeah, a lot of people have become skeptical about a Black Panther movie. There's been a lot of "someday we might maybe possibly" talk about it but no actual movement beyond some easter eggs and a screenwriter being named.
    Right. Some people just take it for granted that Black Panther is coming soon. But that comes across, to me, as complacency, and a complacency that I'm not sure Marvel's earned at this point. Maybe Black Panther will be one of the 2017 movies. Or maybe it'll be 2018. Or maybe it'll be 2020. Or maybe it'll be an eternal "we're hoping to do it soon" project that never actually gets done. Marvel needs to actually commit to it. They need to say it's coming, and set a specific time period for it. And I think there's a need to keep hammering them about it until they do that.

*hits Jeopardy buzzer*

"I'm sure it's coming"

*shrug*

Roman wasn't built in a day.

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but when I'm right I'm going have a good day laughing about it. Cause some of the post on this topic have at the very least been entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    *shrug*

Roman wasn't built in a day.

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but when I'm right I'm going have a good day laughing about it. Cause some of the post on this topic have at the very least been entertaining.
    The point is we don't know, and we haven't been given ANY reason to think it's coming any time soon.

If it happens great, I'll celebrate just like everybody else, but that "It'll come soon" stuff got old a few years ago and comes across as "shut up and stop asking".

And I'll say again, people wouldn't be nearly as upset about this stuff if not for D'Esposito's comments about it being difficult to create a world like Wakanda. Mind you he said that after they had done though and right after they announced Guardians of the Galaxy.

The point is we don't know, and we haven't been given ANY reason to think it's coming any time soon.

If it happens great, I'll celebrate just like everybody else, but that "It'll come soon" stuff got old a few years ago and comes across as "shut up and stop asking".

And I'll say again, people wouldn't be nearly as upset about this stuff if not for D'Esposito's comments about it being difficult to create a world like Wakanda. Mind you he said that after they had done though and right after they announced Guardians of the Galaxy.
    I clearly disagree since there are pages of going back in forth about it.

But to your last paragraph .....considering how many attempts BP has had in comics trying to make him work I would say he is a little difficult to do. But that also doesn't mean or that whoever said that meant that anything else isn't hard to do either.