Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139
Results 2,071 to 2,076 of 2076

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    As one of those posters, I think you are over simplifying what was said. All I was saying was that if revealed, it should be done so in a way that felt natural for the story Hickman was telling. That somehow got equated with saying that the revelation had to be the focus of the issue or something momentous.

The one line of dialogue that was often used as an example was one male character thinking to himself wow other make character is really hot. Which I argued against as a poor example of a way to do it with one line. But that didn't mean it couldn't be done.
    There was more than just you and Trident on the "Indifferent" side in that thread. There were people making sarcastic jokes about whether Starbrand should stop in the middle of a fight to say he's gay. Maybe later, if I feel like it, I'll see if I can find some of them. But there were definitely people who were raising that straw man.

Also, that was one example of how it could be done. Another example I used was to have a character make a reference to an ex. Which is actually pretty close to what we got.

Over 66% percent or 88 of those voted not only said they were indifferent but rather have the reveal not just be a throw away line. Their was probably no more than 5-6 indviduals, if that, said anything different.

If anything this Avengers issue proved how wrong those who opposed the 88 were.

Look on the brightside the character is powerful and does not have powers related to being Gay.

But really most impressed what Hickman is doing with Sunspot. Taking control of the Avengers, Buying out AIM, talking to Scott like an Equal, respect from Thor, getting things done, etc. Always had the potential to be pretty powerful both in terms of ability and leadership but outside the Hellfire Club leadership never did it much

Honestly, the new mutants are always around important enough to stick around but not really advance. Still i think its been a good time for Sunspot (Hickman) and Magik (Bendis). Still not a fan of Bendis talk but u got to deal.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; Yesterday at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There was more than just you and Trident on the "Indifferent" side in that thread. There were people making sarcastic jokes about whether Starbrand should stop in the middle of a fight to say he's gay. Maybe later, if I feel like it, I'll see if I can find some of them. But there were definitely people who were raising that straw man.

Also, that was one example of how it could be done. Another example I used was to have a character make a reference to an ex. Which is actually pretty close to what we got.
    Yes, but I felt like shooting down one example led to me being lumped in as against the idea.

I think that there were ridiculous statements on both sides of the argument....so perhaps it made it difficult to wade through the nonsense to have an actual discussion. But I remember before the thread was closed, I felt like I had been labeled and not listened to.

But I guess that doesn't matter now. I saw these threads today and realized that the Pod revelation was likely the reason, so I thought I would see what people thought. I guess I am a bit disappointed since I like the character and the way the revelation happened, and others seem so unimpressed.

I was expecting more excitement. There's some, and I guess I should have focused on that....but allegations of UNINFORMED and similar statements caught my attention. My fault as much as anyone's, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Yes, but I felt like shooting down one example led to me being lumped in as against the idea.

I think that there were ridiculous statements on both sides of the argument....so perhaps it made it difficult to wade through the nonsense to have an actual discussion. But I remember before the thread was closed, I felt like I had been labeled and not listened to.

But I guess that doesn't matter now. I saw these threads today and realized that the Pod revelation was likely the reason, so I thought I would see what people thought. I guess I am a bit disappointed since I like the character and the way the revelation happened, and others seem so unimpressed.

I was expecting more excitement. There's some, and I guess I should have focused on that....but allegations of UNINFORMED and similar statements caught my attention. My fault as much as anyone's, I suppose.
    Pretty much.

Now that we have an actual gay character, why not let's all see what develops before we make snap judgments.
    "Welcome to the show my friends where the story never ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I actually do care about the Cannonball/Smasher relationship so when you talk about "we" that's not exactly representative of everyone.

As far as Pod is concerned, I'm genuinely interested in seeing how Hickman develops her character as his work on the two Avengers books he writes progresses.

Maj said pretty much what I'm thinking