Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Green Lantern Corps, #32

"UPRISING!" part 4! The casualties of the uprising against the Green Lantern Corps reach monumental proportions as the Durlans reveal their sinister endgame! John Stewart leads his ragtag team of Lanterns against an army of shape-shifters that can assume any form. Meanwhile, one Lantern must decide if he will make the ultimate sacrifice to give the Corps any hope in this war.

Full article here.

That art is so effing gorgeous *___*
    The Green Lantern John Stewart Website: http://www.greenlantern.co

Chang is probably the best GL artist I've ever known. So inventive, such a good world builder, and the luck of being paired with one of the best colorist in comics.

Daxam even manages to feel akin, but very different, to the revamped Gene Ha/Andy Kubert/Kenneth Rocafort Krypton. Very excited for this - Jensen is quickly becoming a favorite, writes the best Stewart ever, and wears his Larry Hama influence on his sleeve. And the stakes feel good - it's not as "super continuing theme" as Johns light wars stuff, so it does feel a bit "back to basics" for the GLC, but in the best way.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Niiiiiiiice!!!!!!

It's enjoyable to see other characters like Von Daggle and Sodam Yat's return and their important involvement to the story. I'm sooooo excited for the upcoming corps book. This book is the best lantern title in my opinion.

So this issue had some fill-in pages, and they weren't quite Chang good. But it's Moritat, so they were still quite good, chameleon well with the Chang pages and the coloring. Moritat's recent fill-in contribution to those pages in the Batwoman Annual were also pretty strong. With All-Star Western ending (Total drag!) I'm curious to see where Moritat will go. Although I will say his Durlan Ancient just didn't have the freak value that Chang's did.

The issue itself was slick. A nice penultimate "just when you think the heroes are on the right track, stakes raised, carpet pulled out under their feet" bit of plotting. Plenty of good Stewart, great showing from Sodam Yat and Daggle. Fatality got a line or two. Feska and Jruk continue developing at a pleasing pace. Perfectly balanced comics.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This issue is incredible. Just when I think that maybe this Durlan storyline is going on too long, the GLC creative team reminds me that this is really great stuff. Chang has become my favorite Green Lantern artist. His work with Maiolo is so strong.

I think Fatality is a Durlan. Notice how John didn't get to execute his Durlan search command. The Ancient charged him before he could. That leads me to believe someone around him isn't who they seem to be, and it's likely Fatality. If so, John has been having sex with a Durlan, which... is interesting.
    The Green Lantern John Stewart Website: http://www.greenlantern.co

uhhhhh, wow. That was one of the better issues of any Green Lantern book I've ever read. It gave all of the feel of a space epic with all kinds of intrigue. I thought it must almost be done and I was only halfway through because it was so dense. Where to start - Von Daggle and Sodam Yat are probably the best two characters that you could possibly bring out of GL lore. Just an awesome way to handle them. Durlans everywhere. Great way for Von Daggle to "sacrifice" himself and nice twist. This was like an hour long episode of good Star Trek. I never thought I would see Moritat on a GL book. Hard to judge because Chang's stuff is SO GOOD. Go back and look at the first page layout...fantastic all the way through.

I'll add...for all of the Vendetti haters out there...he is at the very least co-plotting all of this (GL and GLC are pretty much a bi-weekly GL book at this point). Just something to think about because there are a lot of great ideas going on in the GL world right now
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 06-11-2014 at 10:16 PM.