Super Moderator

Default Masterson Goes Full Throttle with Chris Evans in "Snowpiercer"

Screenwriter Kelly Masterson discusses "Snowpiercer's" journey to the big screen, tackling the graphic novel's themes and working with Chris Evans.

Full article here.

I wanted to see this one for a while.

I saw this movie during Jakarta International Film Festival late 2013 and for me this is among the best comicbook adaptation movies ever. Chris Evans acting was fantastic! The script was great! I could feel the depression living in an isolated bullet train, classified by social classes, the lower class living close to poverty, the high class partying all day and living a luxurious lives, etc. The scene outside the bullet train was as if it was the ice age. No life outside, and the only option is to live inside that train.

Yes so many cruel and mature scenes, and deleting those scenes will remove important parts of the story.

Had never heard of this until the trailer was released recently. Some effects looked a little iffy, but I've learned that often times trailers feature not-quite-finished shots that look better in the final film. I'm a little tired of the whole poor vs. rich/social class commentary thing, but from an action movie standpoint it looks interesting, and I've always liked Chris Evans, so I may check it out.
    Currently Reading: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder.

Yeah some of the CGI in this film is not quite up to blockbuster level, but I only really noticed it with some chunks of ice. Overall Snowpiercer might not be the best movie I've ever seen, but it's a LOT more memorable than most action films. Sometimes a little bizarre & suitably weird, other times it's surprisingly gritty... Lots of cool ideas at play here, plus a cool cast and some of the most intriguing set design I've seen in a while. Highly recommended!!
    Current favourites: Adventure Time - Daredevil - The Midas Flesh - Multiple Warheads - Prophet - Saga - Ultimate Spider-Man.