Page 149 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2285
  1. #2221
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think I need to see Kara's parents be involved in any more shady stuff at this point .

    Would be kind of hilarious if they recast Zor-El with Tom Welling...
    Naw fam shave his head and make him play Lex lol

    After his Tv show didnt get pciked up hes probaly open to any work he can get. So i wouldnt ve surprised if he plays someone on supergirl some time soon

  2. #2222
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Well, I hope that Tom Welling invested his money wisely and he's not made to do things he doesn't want to do. Where I come from we call that slavery.

    It will be nice to see Erica Durance. She's Canadian and lived in Vancouver for a long time, although SAVING HOPE is shot in Toronto (and that's a long commute), but I imagine it's just easier for her than it would be for American actors to come here.

    However, I don't want the show to keep going in this Krypton direction. While I like the history and mythology of Krypton, too much of the Superman family gets bound up in that back story. Krypton was destroyed, it should be in the past. Move on with all the other great concepts in the Superman universe.

  3. #2223
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I hope that Tom Welling invested his money wisely and he's not made to do things he doesn't want to do. Where I come from we call that slavery.

    It will be nice to see Erica Durance. She's Canadian and lived in Vancouver for a long time, although SAVING HOPE is shot in Toronto (and that's a long commute), but I imagine it's just easier for her than it would be for American actors to come here.

    However, I don't want the show to keep going in this Krypton direction. While I like the history and mythology of Krypton, too much of the Superman family gets bound up in that back story. Krypton was destroyed, it should be in the past. Move on with all the other great concepts in the Superman universe.
    I totally agree with this. It's ridiculous that so much of Krypton survived while the one man that tried to save it and his wife (Jor-El and Lara) did not. This much of "survived Krypton" tends to turn me away from a lot of Super titles.

  4. #2224
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    8,950

    Default


  5. #2225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    this is a real photo?

  6. #2226
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    this is a real photo?
    It's from a picture Melissa Benoist posted on her Instagram account. She said no super suit was harmed.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWlGZvVjhuM/

  7. #2227
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,399

    Default

    I hope that suit is water-proof .

    Was that on-set or does Melissa Benoist own her own copy of the Supergirl costume?

  8. #2228
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope that suit is water-proof .

    Was that on-set or does Melissa Benoist own her own copy of the Supergirl costume?

    She got pretty wet in the fight with Superman in the season finale though, so I guess the costume is water proof. At least she took the boots off.

  9. #2229
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    I'm guessing there's more than one suit. And some are made to get wet.

    I wish there was a wider shot. It looks vaguely familiar.
    For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder

  10. #2230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naw fam shave his head and make him play Lex lol
    I always thought/guessed/hoped/whatever he would do exactly that. And Michael Rosenbaum would show up as Brainiac 5.

  11. #2231
    Magick is Everywhere
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Marvel U, NYC
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Top 15 modern superhero TV shows ranked on this very website.

    spoilers:
    Wait, Supergirl is ranked #4?!?!?!?!?!
    end of spoilers

    Have had a terrible middle of the year; this made me smile a bit.

  12. #2232
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    11,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Top 15 modern superhero TV shows ranked on this very website.

    spoilers:
    Wait, Supergirl is ranked #4?!?!?!?!?!
    end of spoilers

    Have had a terrible middle of the year; this made me smile a bit.
    I agree with their top 4.
    Their #5 isn't even a superhero show though, and neither are several others.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  13. #2233
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Top 15 modern superhero TV shows ranked on this very website.

    spoilers:
    Wait, Supergirl is ranked #4?!?!?!?!?!
    end of spoilers

    Have had a terrible middle of the year; this made me smile a bit.
    Probably should have been ranked higher, but I will accept that as CBR seems to lean toward Marvel more than DC.

  14. #2234
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,399

    Default

    News from the season 3 panel:

    - Kara will be leaning more towards her Supergirl side then Kara Danvers.

    - The theme of the season will be "what does it mean to be human?"

    - Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) will be playing Morgan Edge.

    - Yael Groblas will be playing the villain Psy.

    - Carl Lumbly, the voice of Martian Manhunter in the DCAU and beyond, will be playing J'onn's father.

    - Calista Flockhart will appear as Cat in the season premiere.

    - Reign has a "specific agenda."

    - Jimmy will have a new love interest, and they will be leaning back into his investigative reporting side while still keeping him as Guardian.

    Lyra and Winn are still together but they haven't quite figured out the dynamic with Team Guardian.

    - Mon-El will return, and how will be one of the central mysteries of the season.

    - As far as Alex and Maggie, in light of Floriana Lima's departure: "“We have an amazing, beautiful story in her remaining episodes which is emotional and modern… she is always welcome back to the show… we love Maggie and we love Sanders and we are dedicated to them forever.”

    - Kara will be very self-reliant.

    - No plans for Tyler Hochlin to return as Superman.

    Here's the trailer:


  15. #2235
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Season 3. Yes the curse of season 3 be upon ye, all fear its mighty dread.
    For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •