Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,642 of 3642
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

By the way, been doing research on Elseword versions of Supergirl and in DC Bombshells, this version of Supergirl landed in Russia, so there's that.

Been thinking of starting a thread where people can share their ideas of an Elseworlds Supergirl: Red Daughter Arrowverse; still not sure . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I always saw it as she killed Non. She make two holes on his head through his eyes. He must be dead, just like Brainiac 8.
    As I remember, Non was still breathing at the end after she had done that to him, and the creators said in interviews that Kara had lobotomized him so he would be like traditional Non.

We might have gotten to see that developed if not for the move to Vancouver.

Standing Member

I never read RED SON, but I assume Kal-El arrives in the Soviet Union--not the Russian Federation. A lot of things might be the same in Putin's oligarchy as they were in the USSR--but I don't believe there's any pretention of it being "Red"--as in Communist (not that the USSR ever was a true communist system). So it would be anachronistic if this anti-Supergirl was arriving in the Russian Federation but taking on symbols and ideologies of the failed Soviet Union, like wearing the hammer and sickle or the red star.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Why was Sam EVER human, when she was sent from Krpyton to begin with? This whole season makes so very little sense.
    That is certainly true. The time travel flip in the finale was so pulled out of a hat for no reason. Funny that heat vision goes through folks and kills them without them being on fire, have big holes in them or the like.

When two users start to block each other and push beams back and forth - that's stupid physics. DBZ loves to to that. You could deflect light with a truly gigantic gravity field but that ain't happening.

Do writers take intro science classes in college or just crappy humanities?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That is certainly true. The time travel flip in the finale was so pulled out of a hat for no reason. Funny that heat vision goes through folks and kills them without them being on fire, have big holes in them or the like.

When two users start to block each other and push beams back and forth - that's stupid physics. DBZ loves to to that. You could deflect light with a truly gigantic gravity field but that ain't happening.

The time travel was nonsensical. Why did she merge with her past self? How did she time travel "like the legion." ? How was it that precise, how did it even work? Were any of them even dead? Did anyone ever check? Risking the victory over Reign to ressurect her friends could have backfired big time... and in the end, Reign was still killed, no?

I wonder what the original showrunner's plan for this season was?

I'm half expecting Argo City to be shrunken down and stuck behind a pane of glass somewhere.

Wasn't there an Eradicator comment at some point this season? I was really hoping for a connection between the Krypton terraforming witches and a possible Eradicator. I was hoping the duplicate was going to be her "krpytonian" side and basically function like the Eradicator. Another lost opportunity though; Dean Cain should have been taken over by the spirit of Hank Henshaw and become the Cyborg Superman last season.

Standing Member

Given the heavy usage of Brainiac on KRYPTON, I doubt we're going to see Mr. Pink Pumpkinpants on SUPERGIRL. Much as I'd like that. We probably won't see the 31st century either. Unless they move the money from the Martian budget over to creating a futuristic city. But then again Argo City looked like West Vancouver, so maybe the future isn't so futuristic.

I didn't have a problem with Supergirl being able to fly into the past--as Brainy and Imra had just arrived through some time portal so the technology was still active. And honestly, anyone who could travel through time would travel through time. It's ridiculous how much grief Barry gets for doing something anyone else would sacrifice their right arm to do.

What was the point of Ruby? I was always expecting it to turn out that she wasn't real--just something fabricated to make Sam's civilian identity seem more realistic. And "Ruby" would be the vital clue--as she would be a product of Red Kryptonite. It's hard luck that Ruby survived to the very end--as this means if Sam returns, she'll still be saddled with that kid.

Spectacular Member

The time travel was nonsensical. Why did she merge with her past self? How did she time travel "like the legion." ? How was it that precise, how did it even work? Were any of them even dead? Did anyone ever check? Risking the victory over Reign to ressurect her friends could have backfired big time... and in the end, Reign was still killed, no?

I wonder what the original showrunner's plan for this season was?

I'm half expecting Argo City to be shrunken down and stuck behind a pane of glass somewhere.

Wasn't there an Eradicator comment at some point this season? I was really hoping for a connection between the Krypton terraforming witches and a possible Eradicator. I was hoping the duplicate was going to be her "krpytonian" side and basically function like the Eradicator. Another lost opportunity though; Dean Cain should have been taken over by the spirit of Hank Henshaw and become the Cyborg Superman last season.
    There were many things I liked about this episode and things I didn't like. The time travel was nonsensical and just cheating. It was like all the universe rewound around her instead of she travelling through time and facing her past self, like Barry or the Legends.

And yes, Reign was killed by Samantha, so Kara can feel good about herself and will continue to say she doesn't kill.....but she does....

Extraordinary Member

Why was Sam EVER human, when she was sent from Krpyton to begin with? This whole season makes so very little sense.
    I know. It's like an ACTUAL story rooted in religious dogma. LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

If you're going to bring physics into it, every Kryptonian character implodes.

Besides which, a good writer will always find a way to explain it if it seems necessary. I could say that the intersecting beans are caused because the the beams are actually a visible manifestation of pyrokinetic projection, and what you are really seeing is a phychic struggle of two will to achieve dominance. And when you say that's impossible, a character from Krypton just waves you off by saying that that is just another example of how limited your primitive human understanding of physics actually is
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

There were many things I liked about this episode and things I didn't like. The time travel was nonsensical and just cheating. It was like all the universe rewound around her instead of she travelling through time and facing her past self, like Barry or the Legends.

And yes, Reign was killed by Samantha, so Kara can feel good about herself and will continue to say she doesn't kill.....but she does....
    Reign wasn't killed. She was dragged off by those evil wraiths from the Patrick Swayze movie Ghost, and imprisoned in a place where she has to watch it over and over for all eternity.

So...like Superman The Movie.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    So...like Superman The Movie.
    It is forbidden for you to rehash 40 year old Deus Ex Machina to resolve a weak plot.

It is forbidden... forbidden... forbidden...