Page 120 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1887
  1. #1786
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post
    "Supergirl claimed that an unknown source told her that unknown source told her that terrorists have stolen the space alien registry and are kidnapping the people on it for unknown purposes" is what he should run with? Not publishing a sensational, unverifiable claim as news seems like the very definition of responsible journalism to me.

    Now, if Supergirl makes the claim publicly - like the accusations the sitting president has made about his predecessor over Twitter recently, as someone pointed out - then it does become news. But even then, those real world claims came with details that could be investigated - Supergirl's claims didn't.

    Requiring two sources or at least some verifiable details on a story guaranteed to cause a panic doesn't seem like an unattainable standard to me.
    Pretty much. It can be argued that real life news agencies report really news lite "news", but Carr's assessment really is a stab at what responsible reporting is supposed to be.

    Like I mentioned earlier the real failure is Kara treating the topic like Catco is the only one she can go to when she as Supergirl can basically go and yell it anywhere and make it a news story.

  2. #1787
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15,598

    Default

    I wonder if Mon-El is going to get some kind of royal armor or outfit, due to being the prince, that resembles his comic look? Maybe then we'll finally get him in a proper costume?

  3. #1788
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post
    "Supergirl claimed that an unknown source told her that unknown source told her that terrorists have stolen the space alien registry and are kidnapping the people on it for unknown purposes" is what he should run with? Not publishing a sensational, unverifiable claim as news seems like the very definition of responsible journalism to me.

    Now, if Supergirl makes the claim publicly - like the accusations the sitting president has made about his predecessor over Twitter recently, as someone pointed out - then it does become news. But even then, those real world claims came with details that could be investigated - Supergirl's claims didn't.

    Requiring two sources or at least some verifiable details on a story guaranteed to cause a panic doesn't seem like an unattainable standard to me.
    "Supergirl, the hero who has saved the world/city countless times, claimed that the anti-alien terrorist group that's PUBLICALLY KNOWN to be an anti-alien terrorist group, and who's leader was ON TRIAL for her crimes before getting busted out during said trial and is now a wanted fugitive, is kidnapping aliens for some unknown reason."

    Yes, you DO run that story. No news organization in the world wouldn't have run it if this were even remotely close to real life. But then again, these writers have shown that they have no concept of how:

    -The stock market/corporate world.
    -Trials/legal proceedings.
    -Lawyers.
    -Etc.

    Actually work. So it doesn't surprise me that they seem to not know how actual journalism works either. Basically, they got too hamfisted with their "message" and forgot this little thing called accuracy and logic.

  4. #1789
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    "Supergirl, the hero who has saved the world/city countless times, claimed that the anti-alien terrorist group that's PUBLICALLY KNOWN to be an anti-alien terrorist group, and who's leader was ON TRIAL for her crimes before getting busted out during said trial and is now a wanted fugitive, is kidnapping aliens for some unknown reason."

    Yes, you DO run that story. No news organization in the world wouldn't have run it if this were even remotely close to real life. But then again, these writers have shown that they have no concept of how:

    -The stock market/corporate world.
    -Trials/legal proceedings.
    -Lawyers.
    -Etc.

    Actually work. So it doesn't surprise me that they seem to not know how actual journalism works either. Basically, they got too hamfisted with their "message" and forgot this little thing called accuracy and logic.
    Maybe Supergirl should have published the blob instead of letting Kara Danvers take the heat. Probably more people know who Supergirl is than who Kara Danvers is anyway.

  5. #1790
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    make daxam great again......

  6. #1791
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    935

    Default

    Wynn referred to his alien girlfriend as a "She-Hulk? Marvel's lawyers are writing up papers.

  7. #1792
    Magick is Everywhere
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Marvel U, NYC
    Posts
    258

    Default

    C'mon you just know that Mon-El and Kara are going to get together again.

    Either that, or just before that happens Mon-El sacrifices his life to save Earth and/or Kara and Kara weeps for him.

  8. #1793
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15,598

    Default

    So Mon-El's Dad, the King, is Lar Gand. I guess that's a nice nod to it being Mon-El's true name in the comics. Though that still begs the question of why Mon-El shares a similar name to the House of El...

    Honestly, I can kind of see where Mon-El was coming from in keeping his true heritage a secret. Given how biased Kara seemed to be when it came to Daxamites, and how much she doubted Mon-El when she thought he was just a royal guard, she might not have given him the time of day if she thought he was part of the royal family of Daxam. Heck, given the planet was destroyed, it's not like his status as the prince mattered anymore.

    With all the bad blood between Krypton and Daxam, and the obvious bias that lends to, it's difficult to discern truth from fact whenever one criticizes the other or vice-versa. Especially after all we've learned about Krytpon so far. Though judging by what Mon-El's said about his parents and living on Daxam, the criticisms of Daxam weren't too far off either.

    I guess Winn really does have a thing for Femme Fatale "bad girls," though at least things with Lyra ended better then his relationship with Siobhan did.

    J'onn couldn't have read Lyra's mind to check if her story about her brother was true? Or maybe he did and that's how Winn got the op approved?

    Man, even when Jimmy gets his own sub-plot and emphasis as Guardian, taking on alien street-crime, he's still getting the tar kicked out of him. Thank goodness we have Alex on this show to demonstrate how you really kick-butt without powers .

    Mon-El telling off his parents like that for how badly they treated Daxam and it's people, and how he wants to be better then that now, is maybe the first time this version of Mon-El reminded me of the comic version. If he could take that attitude and apply it to being the prince, he might actually do some good for Daxam...if he didn't have to get through his parents first.

    Lar Gand and Raya gave Mon-El up a lot more easily then I was expecting, and it seems like a waste of Kevin Sorbo and Teri Hatcher to only use them for one episode, but there's probably not a lot the Daxamites can do given a single bullet could take them out and their abilities are limited compared to a Kryptonian's. The only thing in their favor is their battleship. Though I do wonder if we'll see them again, and as more direct antagonists...

    Well, 2-3 episodes with Mon-El is a record as far as Kara's love life is concerned, so I guess that was nice even if it was still tough watching that breakup .

    Was that effect on Music Meister's eyes when he used his powers supposed to be alluding to the cartoon pupils he had on Brave and the Bold?

    So...now instead of just inducing people to sing and dance through the power of his own voice, the Music Meister throws people into an alternate reality where they're forced to sing? I have to say I don't quite see why they had to change Meister's powers, given their plenty fun and zany as is, though on the other hand with the way things are now we do get to see Kara in a gorgeous period dress .

    I hope Meister not needing to sing to use his powers here doesn't mean we won't get to hear Darren Criss sing for the special. Would feel like a waste of casting him in the role otherwise.

  9. #1794
    Veteran Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Mon-El's Dad, the King, is Lar Gand. I guess that's a nice nod to it being Mon-El's true name in the comics. Though that still begs the question of why Mon-El shares a similar name to the House of El...
    .
    Could be just a coincidence. I mean, are Christopher Lee and Jim Lee related? (I would have used Stan Lee, but that's not his given name.)

  10. #1795
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Though with Mon-El and the House Of El they are two different races on two different planets and El is basically Kara's last name already so it would be something that would come up when they met, I used to work with a guy that when he got married his wife didn't have to change her last name as she had the same last name as the guy that I used to work with, their fathers even had the same first name as well...and no they weren't related so it was fine, fine...but just weird...

    But no I don't believe that those two are related...

  11. #1796
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I had resigned myself to not watch this show unless it was crossovers. But I did for the Flash crossover tonight my goodness its still so cheesy yuk. Waaaaa you are a prince and you didnt tell me.

    WTF hes hot shut up and get over it.

  12. #1797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Mon-El's Dad, the King, is Lar Gand. I guess that's a nice nod to it being Mon-El's true name in the comics. Though that still begs the question of why Mon-El shares a similar name to the House of El...
    I enjoyed the nod as well. It would have great if the Queen was named Andromeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Could be just a coincidence. I mean, are Christopher Lee and Jim Lee related? (I would have used Stan Lee, but that's not his given name.)
    Hmm, maybe, but for two different planets (shrugs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    J'onn couldn't have read Lyra's mind to check if her story about her brother was true? Or maybe he did and that's how Winn got the op approved?
    Yeah, I wish they explored that more as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that effect on Music Meister's eyes when he used his powers supposed to be alluding to the cartoon pupils he had on Brave and the Bold?

    So...now instead of just inducing people to sing and dance through the power of his own voice, the Music Meister throws people into an alternate reality where they're forced to sing? I have to say I don't quite see why they had to change Meister's powers, given their plenty fun and zany as is, though on the other hand with the way things are now we do get to see Kara in a gorgeous period dress .

    I hope Meister not needing to sing to use his powers here doesn't mean we won't get to hear Darren Criss sing for the special. Would feel like a waste of casting him in the role otherwise.
    Maybe they changed the Music Meister's powers because not everyone is comfortable singing? (Shrugs again)

    Yeah, they really changed his powers; now he has super strength and (maybe) multiverse omnipotence (I could be wrong).

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, even when Jimmy gets his own sub-plot and emphasis as Guardian, taking on alien street-crime, he's still getting the tar kicked out of him. Thank goodness we have Alex on this show to demonstrate how you really kick-butt without powers .
    I can only thing of one good outcome with Jimmy as Guardian and it involves an idea from Countdown to Final Crisis . . .

    (Sees the unruly mob getting ready)

    . . . and hopefully I can take two bad ideas and create a good one:

    What if the real reason Jimmy became the Guardian is that he became a spirit collector by Darkseid? That way you can introduce the New Gods to TV. Darkseid appears to gather Jimmy, and Big Barda (portrayed by Lucy Lawless, because she's Lucy Lawless) and Mister Miracle (portrayed by Bruce Campbell, because he's the only one I can think of who can look both cool and cheesy saying: "Greetings; my name is Scott Free") explains Darkseid's plans.

    So Supergirl gathers the heroes of the Arrowverse to save Jimmy and stop Darkseid's plans. Along the way, Winn, Cisco, Curtis, and Ray become BFFs as they rebuild and reprogram Red Tornado, the Forever People restore the magic of Rory's rags, and Big Barda leads Supergirl (and other woman heroes) into battle with the Female Furies.

    Thank you for your time and patience with my weird idea. I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.

  13. #1798
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    I can easily be wrong but my view of Music Meister's powers so far are thus. Dunno if they've previewed explaining his powers more...so I can easily be wrong but...

    He's mainly a mind controller. Those he puts under his spell are shunted into some kind of dreamworld in his mind or some kind of shared dream while he controls their bodies. Unless they break their way out of his mind ala the Black Mercy they'll be forever trapped/controlled unless he frees them.

    Though it doesn't answer how he knows alternate realities and so forth and possibly has super strength (he got out of the cuffs but was that strength or did he control the person who arrested him?)

  14. #1799
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    They turned Kara into a colossal hypocrite in that scene. And it comes off even worse when you compared it to Winn's reaction to what Lyra did.

  15. #1800
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    Well, good riddance Mon-El.
    Hope that's that with this annoying relationship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •