Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I read the issue~ Kind of a poor move by Hessia to reveal Superman/Wonder Woman's relationship, just cause she thought she knew what was best for them doesn't mean she should have interfered with their relationship.

Her armour looked nice tho. I hope that the whole "Wonder Woman can't survive in space long" thing is just forgotten.

Fierce Deity Diana (shot out to all you Zelda fans) was pretty cool in this issue, but in the long run, there is still a lot of uncertainty as to when is it practical to use it. It works in individual stories, but if it were to vanish out of continuity that wouldn't be so bad. Respect for acknowledging it instead of ignoring it altogether, though.

I don't have an issue with Diana not being able to survive in space long. She's never been known for being a space-faring hero plus for as powerful as the Olympians are, they've never really shown any jurisdiction over any other planet besides Earth so perhaps their abilities fade when off planet?
    Currently reading: Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others, Batgirl, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League United, Phantom Stranger, Sensation Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, & Worlds Finest.

I guess Soule's opinion is that WW needs to breathe eventually, whereas Superman doesn't as long as he's yellow sun solar charged and not poisoned by Kryptonite. I thought that was kind of odd; they could've made some other excuse why she didn't follow him into space, but the rest of the story was cool.

Finally read it!

Yep. Loved the whole thing!

Hessia really DID steal the show. That armor was cool and it's hard to fault her reasoning for attacking Superman, though we're obviously glad that she and he live to fight another day.

As far as God Mode? I'm not sure the bracelets just disappeared as Spair said. When Diana showed up with it active, the bracelets simply weren't there. It's entirely possible she simply removed them off-camera. Either way, it was nice to see God Mode getting used more, and I like that Diana doesn't "Hulk out" when she uses it.

The whole issue would've been perfect if not for the appearance of SuperTwit and the rest of the Murder Corps. "Oh, look! A dangerous, out-of-control Kryptonian! Let's try to kill it and send it BACK to the populated planet he was just trying to escape so our battle with him can endanger innocent people!"

*Sigh.* Oh, Kara. Will I ever like you again? Will you EVER show a smidge of common sense and intelligence EVER AGAIN? The fact that her stupidity was contagious enough to convince Guy and the rest of the Murder Corps to join this ridiculous attack only made it worse.

But? Other than that? A damn-near flawless showing. I still want Soule to be the next Wonder Woman writer, and I can't wait to read more!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I haven't read many of the Doomed issues, since I don't feel like being tricked into spending money on another pointless crossover... but generally I like this series, is the issue worth getting for WW? Sounds like there is some good growth. Will I be totally lost?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I haven't read many of the Doomed issues, since I don't feel like being tricked into spending money on another pointless crossover... but generally I like this series, is the issue worth getting for WW? Sounds like there is some good growth. Will I be totally lost?
    They do a pretty good job of filling you in with what you need to know, and Diana has some good moments to be sure.

Basically, all you need to know is Superman killed Doomsday, and now he's infected with Doomsday and is turning into him. That's the long-and-short of it.

I definitely recommend picking up the issue.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't have an issue with Diana not being able to survive in space long. She's never been known for being a space-faring hero plus for as powerful as the Olympians are, they've never really shown any jurisdiction over any other planet besides Earth so perhaps their abilities fade when off planet?
    makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah because the only thing a suffering womanizer needs is a "good woman" that understands him. And every woman needs a man to teach her how to control her "womanish" emotions.
    bmww in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    There are a bunch of gods in mythology that are gods of other planets, Astra Planeta they are called, gods of the 5 surrounding planets, there is also Astraios, god of the stars and planets, Asteria, the goddess of stars, and Zeus could control the stars and whatnot, he placed Astraea in the stars when the world turned against her.

But really it doesn't have to make much sense, surviving in space is just...idk superhero powerhouse 101, like Captain Marvel can also survive in space.
    Last edited by Step; 06-11-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magisensei View Post
    A new power for Diana in her god-mode - she freezes superman for a moment and doesn't go crazy. Here are a few ideas about her godmode and her going berserk in the past as compared to her now - what is the major difference - probably the divine power she got from being god of war - before you could say she was somewhat god-like but not a god (half of a god) and that the power overwhelmed her 'human mind' but now as a genuine god she no longer has to worry about that as she has been elevated to a god in power - therefore no more going crazy from too much power.

The oddity for me was that being a god should could not survive in space - gods don't breath or need protection from the harshness of space - so are there limits to being a god?

On the other hand - perhaps this writer just decided to ignore or forgot the berserker state she goes in when she is in godmode - as this series is not canon to either character.
    I don't know, it could be, but...when she first used god mode against Artemis, she didnít go crazy. I think that against the First Born she was just angry before entering god mode, nothing more. It wasn't a consequence of the god mode. Anyway, we'll see.

About the being in the space...eh...this really seems the case of a thing said so that Diana didn't follow Clark and wasn't there when he was attacked.

Or it can be that she has to breath, after all, even if it kind of goes against the issue in JL where she was talking under water, but not against issue 0 of wonder woman, where though she was still a child.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    But really it doesn't have to make much sense, surviving in space is just...idk superhero powerhouse 101, like Captain Marvel can also survive in space.
    Yeah, it's just too bad. You can't have Zod saying she is hard to kill and then showing something like that. I'm really enjoying this series, but after something this criminal, I have to drop the book.
    There was something written here. And one day it shall so be again.

Sure you can. Post-Crisis Superman still classified just fine as hard to kill and he couldn't breathe in space either.

Quote Originally Posted by magisensei View Post
    On the other hand - perhaps this writer just decided to ignore or forgot the berserker state she goes in when she is in godmode - as this series is not canon to either character.
    Diana never went into a berseker state when in godmode. That was a false conclusion people reached.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    Diana never went into a berseker state when in godmode. That was a false conclusion people reached.
    No she was in berseker state, maybe not completely when she confronted First Born. She almost killed Artemis on 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    No she was in berseker state, maybe not completely when she confronted First Born. She almost killed Artemis on 12.
    I disagree.