Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Time Runs Out" on the Avengers' Future

Jonathan Hickman's "Avengers" titles will jump eight months into the future this September and CBR spoke to editor Tom Brevoort about "Time Runs Out."

Full article here.

I like that cover with Thor, Havok, Hulk, Old Man Rogers and Sam Wilson as the new Captain America.
    How about Alex?

Thor's left arm - is that a gauntlet or is that the replacement arm King Thor has in Thor: God of Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    I like that cover with Thor, Havok, Hulk, Old Man Rogers and Sam Wilson as the new Captain America.
    i agree 100% thats steve and the falcone as the new cap

I think my head just exploded. They're jumping ahead 8 months of everything including the big events? So I guess whatever going to happen at the end of Original Sin is going to spill over until next year? Will we know who kill the Watcher? Will this affect the death of Wolverine? Maybe he won't actually die until 8 months from now? Also is this 8 months in real time or comic book time? Conceivably 8 months in comic book time can equal a couple of weeks or days.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    I think my head just exploded. They're jumping ahead 8 months of everything including the big events? So I guess whatever going to happen at the end of Original Sin is going to spill over until next year? Will we know who kill the Watcher? Will this affect the death of Wolverine? Maybe he won't actually die until 8 months from now? Also is this 8 months in real time or comic book time? Conceivably 8 months in comic book time can equal a couple of weeks or days.
    I'm guessing it's 8 month's publishing time, i.e. it's where the other books plan to be in 8 months time. As you say, that'll probably be a few weeks in-story, unless all books have a time jump(s) between now and April.
    The Poster formerly Known as Nova2814.1.

I have NO interest in old man Rogers (yet again) and Captain Falcon. As for the rest of this, jumping 8 months ahead and having the rest of the books have to play catch up? Can it get any more confusing? I think not. I'd love to have set in on the discussion at Marvel concerning this idea!

Perhaps that is Steve Rogers without the Super Soldier Serum as current in Remender's Captain America. With Thor holding Jarnbjorn, maybe the cane Steve has is Mjolnir. A nice ace in the hole to have when time runs out

This sounds even better than I initially was thinking. At first I thought it was just the September issues that were jumping ahead but the idea that both Avengers and New Avengers are staying in the future for eight months while the rest of the Marvel U catches up is awesome. It all sounds hugely ambitious from a storytelling standpoint and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_medusa View Post
    Thor's left arm - is that a gauntlet or is that the replacement arm King Thor has in Thor: God of Thunder?
    It certainly appears that he has the destroyer arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    I have NO interest in old man Rogers (yet again) and Captain Falcon. As for the rest of this, jumping 8 months ahead and having the rest of the books have to play catch up? Can it get any more confusing? I think not. I'd love to have set in on the discussion at Marvel concerning this idea!
    I think the idea is that Avengers/New Avengers are going to show the future and what's coming and build up to the final Incursion event. The other books impacted will have their stories wrap up in April with the status quo now being reflected. It's about moving the pieces of the board for this huge conclusion. We're going to see multiple stories end in April 2015 with the end result probably being a swap of writers just like with the 1st wave of Marvel Now.

Hickman's run has been relatively self-contained so this is a bit frustrating.

But I do enjoy they'll be staying in the future.

Guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_medusa View Post
    The interesting thing here- he is definitely past aka young Thor judging by clothes, hair and weapon but as you were 100% spot on with destroyer`s arm. The question is-where is the current Thor with Mjolnir.

''Oh yes, but not just those two issues. From that point all the way up until April of 2015 they will both be running eight months ahead of the Marvel Universe and then the Marvel Universe every month will be closing that gap. So in October they'll be seven months ahead of everybody else. Then in November they'll be six months ahead until everything converges once again at the end of April and then BAM! Time runs out.''

This part right here has me very interested in the story arc.

Marvel Now: Futures End

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    All those questions you raised are just some of the reasons why I'm very interested in this.