View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

    60 47.24%
  • Fabian Nicieza

    19 14.96%
  • Warren Ellis

    27 21.26%
  • Andy Diggle

    0 0%
  • Jeff Parker

    13 10.24%
  • Daniel Way

    0 0%
  • Charles Soule

    7 5.51%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

    1 0.79%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 482
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Inspired by nozpozyzy, here's some Thunderbolts questions to get us talking:
    1. Who is your favourite Thunderbolt?
    2. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts writer?
    3. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts villain?
    4. What is your favourite Thunderbolts story arc?
    5. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts ally? (i.e. NON-Thunderbolt member)
    6. What is your favourite fight in Thunderbolts?
    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? (even if it didn't end in dating)
    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment?
    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect?
    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts?
    1. Songbird, by a fair bit, but I also like the entire starting 'Masters of Evil' lineup.
    2. Busiek.
    3. Graviton.
    4. The first run, with them functioning as heroes, which I kind of wish ran a little bit longer, and then the 'on the run' arc later. Mostly the first couple years.
    5. Ogre, the old 'Factor Three' tinkerer they ran into hiding in an abandoned base in Colorado. Cool callback to a forgotten villain group!
    6. I loved the one shot fights with Hawkeye (proving he had what it takes to lead them), Hercules (coming for revenge on Atlas) and Angel (when they tried to steal the old 'Champions-mobile'), but for a group fight, I love the one with the not-really-Avengers. Atlas managing to catch professionals like Spider-Man and Luke Cage off guard (and tossing Cage out into the ocean) showing that he was far more than the dumb muscle his foes (and allies) so often thought of him, Genis-Vell effortlessly punking 'power of a million exploding hyberboles' Mary-Sue by teleporting him away constantly. Great fight. The massive fight between the Thunderbolts and pretty much every other hero under the Purple Man's control was also great!
    7. Songbird and Mach V. It being kind of obviously doomed, with her developing so strongly as a character, and him, not quite getting it right, was a good touch. Not every relationship needs to be the soulmates / one true pairing. Some are just not meant to be, but can still be what someone needs, for a short time.
    8. Genis-Vell's discombobulation. It was entirely Zemo's fault that he was losing control, and it just burned that Genis was the one who had to be 'put down' for that mistake of Zemo's.
    9. Genis-Vell, obviously. Although the group that Graviton burned through like Montezuma's Revenge I would have liked to see more of (Cardinal's daughter, the new Beetle, etc.)
    10. Less 'A team' people like Red Hulk, Elektra and / or the Punisher. More people who *aren't* plot-armored against shocking developments or transformations, like the classic team. Part of my love for Songbird is how *amazingly* she was transformed, not just in costume and hairstyle and super-powered role, but also in characterization and development, from Screaming Mimi. That can never happen with Red Hulk or Elektra. It *can* happen with villains like Whirlwind or Man-Killer or pretty much any of the 'forgotten losers' that Scourge killed (not that, in the end, Scourge himself didn't turn out to be a 'forgotten loser'), or even a lower tier hero like White Tiger (whose legacy has gone on to be a great character in her own right!). An X-foe with unexplored potential, like Frenzy / Joanna Cargill, or Carmella Unuscione, or one of the old Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Omega Flighters like Smart Alec or Wild Child or Diamond Lil, or a former Dark Rider like the Inhuman Tusk, could make for a fascinating Thunderbolt. Or Amazing Andy, or Dragon Man! So long as it's a character that can undergo a Screaming Mimi-to-Songbird type transformation, and grow into something new and exciting, in a way that a cast-in-stone character like the Red Hulk (whose sole 'Thunderbolts transformation' seems to be changing his pants) cannot.

    Characters that can't change and assume a new identity, or at least reveal some new potential and character beats, like some of the current cast, are, IMO, missing the entire point of the Thunderbolts.

  2. #17
    Veteran Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lost in the Sanctum Sanctorum
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Happy to see you brought this over, especially with all the work you did for the intro posts.

    I LOVED Warren Ellis Thunderbolts. That was my intro to the team.
    Same here; although I am still wincing at what Bullseye did to Jack Flag (I almost felt that crippling.)

    Last T-Bolts I read was Parker and Walker > Troll is so much fun.

    Haven't read the current.
    I believe in magic and science independently, not one and the same.

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    1. Who is your favourite Thunderbolt? Eric O'Grady

    2. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts writer? toss up between Busiek and Nicieza

    3. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts villain? Zemo

    4. What is your favourite Thunderbolts story arc? Most Wanted

    5. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts ally? (i.e. NON-Thunderbolt member) hard to think of one besides Dallas Riordan

    6. What is your favourite fight in Thunderbolts? the skirmish with Graviton is what stands out

    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? (even if it didn't end in dating) Eric O'Grady and Paladin

    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment? first issue of Fight Bolts

    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect? Headsman

    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts? Black Ant/Eric O'Grady's even more amoral LMD

  4. #19
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,266

    Default

    So I finally read the latest Thunderbolts issue. About time, right? Not sure how long Blaze's new situation is going to last, but I think Deadpool put it best when he said no one saw it coming. The way it ended, I think everyone on the team is going to experience a similar kind of fate that'll be solved by the end of the arc. I trust Soule to wrap up his run the right way. No reason not to trust him, really.

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    I miss the Jeff Paker Thunderbolts.


  6. #21
    EMMA WAS RIGHT!!! Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,375

    Default Forgot to do my own quiz...

    1. Who is your favourite Thunderbolt?
    Moonstone [Dr. Karla Sofen]; she's my favourite comic character of all time!

    2. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts writer?
    This is so tough... I'm going to go with Jeff Parker, because I adored the whole cast and loved the stories. But Fabian wrote the best Moonstone!

    3. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts villain?
    I love the concept of Scourge; I love that every time they face a Scourge someone dies.

    4. What is your favourite Thunderbolts story arc?
    Gosh, this is hard. Purely for "epicness" the "Justice, Like Lightning" founding Thunderbolts vs. the Timebolt was AMAZING!!!



    5. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts ally? (i.e. NON-Thunderbolt member)
    I enjoyed Angel's time with them; but Black Widow (even though she 'technically' lead them, but not officially as Natasha Romanova). She was the one who put Songbird and Mach-1 on the path of heroism; and for that we love her.

    6. What is your favourite fight in Thunderbolts?
    Songbird vs. the Green Goblin. EPIC!!!

    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? (even if it didn't end in dating)
    Moonstone/Clint. My third favourite couple in comics after Wiccan/Hulkling and Emma/Scott

    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment?
    The death of Genis was heartbreaking, but beautiful.

    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect?
    Ares. Without a shadow of a doubt.

    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts?
    Quicksand!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    8. Genis-Vell's discombobulation. It was entirely Zemo's fault that he was losing control, and it just burned that Genis was the one who had to be 'put down' for that mistake of Zemo's.
    I blame Atlas far more; his murder of Genis set it all in motion, Zemo was trying (though failed) to do good by resurrecting him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Last T-Bolts I read was Parker and Walker > Troll is so much fun.


    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So I finally read the latest Thunderbolts issue. About time, right? Not sure how long Blaze's new situation is going to last, but I think Deadpool put it best when he said no one saw it coming. The way it ended, I think everyone on the team is going to experience a similar kind of fate that'll be solved by the end of the arc. I trust Soule to wrap up his run the right way. No reason not to trust him, really.
    I wonder who will save the day, I hope the Leader has a change of heart/or undoes it to save himself at-least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? (even if it didn't end in dating) Eric O'Grady and Paladin
    Their bromance was so lovely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts? Black Ant/Eric O'Grady's even more amoral LMD
    THIS!!!! Brilliant idea; and a perfect choice. We need more of this story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I miss the Jeff Paker Thunderbolts.

    DITTO!!!

  7. #22
    Just Hεrε for thε Pokεmon Justin K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Thε Friskotεquε
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Has Songbird come back yet?

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    287

    Default

    1. Who is your favourite Thunderbolt?
    Ghost rider!!!!
    2. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts writer?
    Fabian Nicieza
    3. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts villain?
    Graviton
    4. What is your favourite Thunderbolts story arc?
    Thunderbolts go to hell just because Ghostie joined the team
    5. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts ally? (i.e. NON-Thunderbolt member)
    Doc Samson
    6. What is your favourite fight in Thunderbolts?
    Replacement Bolts vs Graviton
    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? (even if it didn't end in dating)
    Don't have one, don't really care for romance in my funny books
    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment?
    When Charcoal died because I'm still waiting in vain for him to come back
    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect?
    Duh Charcoal
    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts?
    Wolverine, Spiderman and Hulk lol just to get the New Fantastic four poppin'(Since they lost Flash-Venom)

  9. #24
    EMMA WAS RIGHT!!! Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Has Songbird come back yet?
    Sadly, no. Last time we saw her was part of the female army in Fearless Defenders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment?
    When Charcoal died because I'm still waiting in vain for him to come back
    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect?
    Duh Charcoal
    He's never getting resurrected, sadly; due to the "Create A Supervillain" competition winner. Ruined all the fun for everyone else.

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post


    He's never getting resurrected, sadly; due to the "Create A Supervillain" competition winner. Ruined all the fun for everyone else.
    I know , that's why I said in vain. I always thought he had a great powerset.

  11. #26
    EMMA WAS RIGHT!!! Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    I know , that's why I said in vain. I always thought he had a great powerset.
    Rockslide's somewhat similar (in powers), you should check him out if you haven't already. He's awesome, though more cheerful than poor Charlie (not that Charlie had much to be happy about, considering).

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Sadly, no. Last time we saw her was part of the female army in Fearless Defenders.


    He's never getting resurrected, sadly; due to the "Create A Supervillain" competition winner. Ruined all the fun for everyone else.
    Do you know the story behind that? Did the creator pressure Marvel to pay royalties or something? I would assume that would have been covered in the contest
    rules anyway. I wasn't reading comics back then and was just wondering what led to them killing Charcoal off?

  13. #28
    EMMA WAS RIGHT!!! Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Do you know the story behind that? Did the creator pressure Marvel to pay royalties or something? I would assume that would have been covered in the contest
    rules anyway. I wasn't reading comics back then and was just wondering what led to them killing Charcoal off?
    As far as I understand it: Wallace Frost (no relation ) won the "Create Your Own Supervillain" competition, hence Charcoal. The story came and went under Kurt Busiek (and everything was fine).

    The next Thunderbolts writer (the glorious) Fabian decided to reintroduce him in the guise of a young boy Charlie Burlingame. The winner of the competition felt, since his character was now a main cast member, he deserved more money and sued. He lost (because he had, of course, signed over all rights to the creation... sadly you can still sue, even if you don't have a case). But by this time Charcoal (along with the rest of the Redeemers) had been killed by Graviton. Now he was never intended to stay dead. Fabian was going to bring him back down the line as a supervillain; but the editors told him (because of the legal issues) to just keep him dead instead (which he did). He'll never, ever come back, because the creator will (probably) again cause legal heart-ache.

    A very selfish fan, in my opinion; ruining possible future competitions for us all because he got greedy. If they ever make a Thunderbolts film his creation could have been in it, how EPIC would that be for a fan? Instead Charcoal is gone, never to even be referenced in comics (so far, all "old school shots" of the team exclude Charcoal).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-20-2014 at 10:11 AM.

  14. #29
    explorer SXVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    I have seriously enjoyed Soule's Thunderbolts SOOOOOO much lol... what a ride.

    I feel like he was handed a weak overall team though, imagine if the team was better. They're formidable but lack a bit of intrigue and excitement. Could've used a bit more zany diversity in the team.

    I don't have much experience with the other Thunderbolts, so... not a lot to compare to really.

  15. #30
    Junior Member Mooper Films's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    As far as I understand it: Wallace Frost (no relation ) won the "Create Your Own Supervillain" competition, hence Charcoal. The story came and went under Kurt Busiek (and everything was fine).

    The next Thunderbolts writer (the glorious) Fabian decided to reintroduce him in the guise of a young boy Charlie Burlingame. The winner of the competition felt, since his character was now a main cast member, he deserved more money and sued. He lost (because he had, of course, signed over all rights to the creation... sadly you can still sue, even if you don't have a case). But by this time Charcoal (along with the rest of the Redeemers) had been killed by Graviton. Now he was never intended to stay dead. Fabian was going to bring him back down the line as a supervillain; but the editors told him (because of the legal issues) to just keep him dead instead (which he did). He'll never, ever come back, because the creator will (probably) again cause legal heart-ache.

    A very selfish fan, in my opinion; ruining possible future competitions for us all because he got greedy. If they ever make a Thunderbolts film his creation could have been in it, how EPIC would that be for a fan? Instead Charcoal is gone, never to even be referenced in comics (so far, all "old school shots" of the team exclude Charcoal).
    Yeah, and I really enjoyed Charcoal and I was an entree too but I read the fine print "Legally your character is then property of Marvel Comics Inc." Charlie going villain again would have worked because being a super hero, he ended killing his own father, couldn't save his team members or anything. After that, Charlie would have been: "Forget this, I'm back in it for myself." Similar to what happened to the Constrictor after Siege.
    Mooper Films

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •