View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

    60 47.24%
  • Fabian Nicieza

    19 14.96%
  • Warren Ellis

    27 21.26%
  • Andy Diggle

    0 0%
  • Jeff Parker

    13 10.24%
  • Daniel Way

    0 0%
  • Charles Soule

    7 5.51%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

    1 0.79%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 482
  1. #451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Funny that you should mention Mr. Hyde; for here're the Following Preview Pages for {Next Week's} SECRET WARRIORS #2.
    thanks for the link. but I was very aware of Hyde's role. it's why he made the team. I made it using characters from the Hydra villain variants (and Zemo's closet cronies).
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  2. #452
    EMMA WAS RIGHT!!! Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Hello hello my Thunder-lovlies. I'm so rubbish at posting in this thread (apologies) but I wanted to add my thoughts on this series: AMAZING! This, to me, is classic Thunderbolts goodness. It's not about the cast being the original crew, it's about the voices. The writer is serving me old school feels, in dialogue, personality, I love it. Everything about this series has been a joy to me, in-fact currently it's the only series I pick up (though Iceman and Generation X are soon to be mine).

    Adding Ghost, Karla's manipulations getting her in trouble, Songbird's heroism... all I need is Swordsman to join and I'd be dancing for joy. I love having Winter Soldier lead the team. I doubt this series will last too much longer (due to numbers), but I'm living for every issue. It's a true joy to read. Not since Bendis' Uncanny X-men have I felt this good about a comic.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-25-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  3. #453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Hello hello my Thunder-lovlies. I'm so rubbish at posting in this thread (apologies) but I wanted to add my thoughts on this series: AMAZING! This, to me, is classic Thunderbolts goodness. It's not about the cast being the original crew, it's about the voices. The writer is serving me old school feels, in dialogue, personality, I love it. Everything about this series has been a joy to me, in-fact currently it's the only series I pick up (though Iceman and Generation X are soon to be mine).

    Adding Ghost, Karla's manipulations getting her in trouble, Songbird's heroism... all I need is Swordsman to join and I'd be dancing for joy. I love having Winter Soldier lead the team. I doubt this series will last too much longer (due to numbers), but I'm living for every issue. It's a true joy to read. Not since Bendis' Uncanny X-men have I felt this good about a comic.
    A little late aren't you? The team has been broken apart. Bucky's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  4. #454
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    Unlimited reader?

  5. #455
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    So I've been reading the recent trades that collect Fabian Nicieza's first year or so on Thunderbolts (issues 34-50). I'd read some of his later stuff, and the Busiek run, but not much of Nicieza's first run.

    I have some mixed feelings about his approach. I'm very glad he didn't just try to imitate Busiek, which would have been an easy thing to do. It seems like he tried to go a little darker, while Busiek's run was mostly pretty lighthearted despite potentially dark subject matter.

    But a weakness I find in it is that it has a lot of "Kudzu plotting" where every issue is full of teasers for stories to come. Every issue it seems like we get a recap of every plot strand: Moonstone's search for the secret of her powers, Techno undercover as Ogre, the identity of the Crimson Cowl and Scourge, etc.

    Of course that's part of the traditional Marvel way of doing things, but it seemed to stick out more here. The issues feel like they're half devoted to that issue's main plot and half devoted to unresolved mysteries and storylines that haven't been addressed yet. I think I prefer it if these teasers take up less of the issue or if they're only mentioned when they're directly relevant to the plot.

    Still, I hope Marvel finds a way to get the rest of Nicieza's run out.

  6. #456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    So I've been reading the recent trades that collect Fabian Nicieza's first year or so on Thunderbolts (issues 34-50). I'd read some of his later stuff, and the Busiek run, but not much of Nicieza's first run.

    I have some mixed feelings about his approach. I'm very glad he didn't just try to imitate Busiek, which would have been an easy thing to do. It seems like he tried to go a little darker, while Busiek's run was mostly pretty lighthearted despite potentially dark subject matter.

    But a weakness I find in it is that it has a lot of "Kudzu plotting" where every issue is full of teasers for stories to come. Every issue it seems like we get a recap of every plot strand: Moonstone's search for the secret of her powers, Techno undercover as Ogre, the identity of the Crimson Cowl and Scourge, etc.

    Of course that's part of the traditional Marvel way of doing things, but it seemed to stick out more here. The issues feel like they're half devoted to that issue's main plot and half devoted to unresolved mysteries and storylines that haven't been addressed yet. I think I prefer it if these teasers take up less of the issue or if they're only mentioned when they're directly relevant to the plot.

    Still, I hope Marvel finds a way to get the rest of Nicieza's run out.
    did Nicieza do the Scourge stuff? I'm having a hard time remembering it. I'm not sure that I have a favorite T-bolts run; to be honest. I follow it for the characters/seeing where they end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  7. #457
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    did Nicieza do the Scourge stuff? I'm having a hard time remembering it. I'm not sure that I have a favorite T-bolts run; to be honest. I follow it for the characters/seeing where they end up.
    Yes, he did.

    And by the way I usually like Comicraft's lettering but I think their special font for Scourge is an example of how that era sometimes took special fonts too far.

    Thunderbolts 038-022.jpg

  8. #458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, he did.

    And by the way I usually like Comicraft's lettering but I think their special font for Scourge is an example of how that era sometimes took special fonts too far.

    [ATTACH=]
    weird. I don't even remember the font. I probably just ignored the speech bubbles. I guess that arc was interesting enough. Gravitron showed up, at some point. I don't remember exactly how I felt about Abe's turn as a black guy, though. seemed kind of pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  9. #459
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I don't remember exactly how I felt about Abe's turn as a black guy, though. seemed kind of pointless.
    From what I've seen of it, it seems like they set up the idea that Songbird might not be attracted to Abe now that he was black, and kind of backed away from that because that's a pretty delicate subject to deal with in a superhero comic. Though it could be they got into it more later.

    Of course you couldn't get away with doing that story at all today, but not doing it at all might be better than trying to do it half-heartedly.

  10. #460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    From what I've seen of it, it seems like they set up the idea that Songbird might not be attracted to Abe now that he was black, and kind of backed away from that because that's a pretty delicate subject to deal with in a superhero comic. Though it could be they got into it more later.

    Of course you couldn't get away with doing that story at all today, but not doing it at all might be better than trying to do it half-heartedly.
    probably better to not have done it. it lessened Mel's appeal to me, at the time. it also reminded me of how few black male characters worth using there were in the Marvel Universe, at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  11. #461
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    A little late aren't you? The team has been broken apart. Bucky's dead.
    Well, you know the old saying about better late than never......

    Anyway, unto the current status of the T-Bolts, mostly throughout the SECRET EMPIRE Event......

    SECRET EMPIRE #4.....In addition to Baron Zemo, Taskmaster & Black Ant being involved; this Issue also reveals spoilers:
    UltronPym bringing a 'reunion' between the Underground Avengers & HydraCap's Team......oh and in case most people didn't know; Tony Stark(AI Form) was also a T-Bolter, under the disguise of Cobalt Man, of course
    end of spoilers

    UNCANNY AVENGERS #24 has an Appearance of Former T-Bolt the Shocker.

    And of course, pretty obvious about the T-Bolter appearing within SECRET WARRIORS #3, right...??

    .......Anyway, will be keeping an outlook for more T-Bolts soon......

  12. #462
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    In addition, both Punisher and Deadpool (who were both in Red Hulk's team) also appear in Secret Empire #4. Deadpool also has a solo issue out today (#32).

  13. #463
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In addition, both Punisher and Deadpool (who were both in Red Hulk's team) also appear in Secret Empire #4. Deadpool also has a solo issue out today (#32).
    .....You're correct, D......and DP's fighting an Ex-T-bolter to boot....(and no need to guess who this one is...!! )......

  14. #464
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    Yeah, just read it... spoilers:
    It was Speedball.
    end of spoilers

  15. #465
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    .....Another article that mentions wanting the T-Bolts to return can be read here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •