Super Moderator

Default Fiffe Explores Street-Level Superpowered Crime in "All-New Ultimates"

"All-New Ultimates" writer Michel Fiffe explains where his team of superpowered teenagers is headed, and what they'll deal with along the way.

Full article here.

I'm actually beginning to like the art in this book. Jessica Drew stuff sounds interesting.
    Superman should get top billing in his f***ing sequel.

Fiffe,

this is my favorite book Marvel is churning out. keep it up. I love the indie insouciance.

diamondback has one of the coolest looks i've seen in quite some time. latent punk leanings with a healthy side order of flea market thrifting. i'm in lurve.

I'm really looking forward to this comic but I'm struggling to get a pre-order for the variant. Hopefully I can tomorrow and shouldn't this topic be in the Ultimate Marvel section?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I'm gonna get it a few more issues but the reason i picked this up was i loved how Bendis set up the 'new ultimates' in ultimate comics: spiderman. it was really upbeat and fun to read all of them together (even in cataclysm) but from issue #1 of this it's seems to be going back into the same old pattern of team angst and discord.
    Comics: Avengers (New/Mighty/Uncanny/World), Black Widow, Catwoman, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Miles Morales: USM, New Warriors, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, Supergirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, World's Finest, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I'm gonna get it a few more issues but the reason i picked this up was i loved how Bendis set up the 'new ultimates' in ultimate comics: spiderman. it was really upbeat and fun to read all of them together (even in cataclysm) but from issue #1 of this it's seems to be going back into the same old pattern of team angst and discord.
    I think you need to examine the circumstances a bit more. Banding together on temporary basis is a lot different than having a formal team with patrols. That changes the dynamics completely especially with what happened in the street fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I think you need to examine the circumstances a bit more. Banding together on temporary basis is a lot different than having a formal team with patrols. That changes the dynamics completely especially with what happened in the street fight.
    the dynamic changes only if they writer decides that it should, which he did.
    i hope it retains a healthy readership and I stated i'd give it a few more issues but if current tone/dynamic is the one the writers wants to keep on the book then this is not the book for me.
    Last edited by JamJams; 06-10-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Comics: Avengers (New/Mighty/Uncanny/World), Black Widow, Catwoman, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Miles Morales: USM, New Warriors, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, Supergirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, World's Finest, X-Men