Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Edmondson, Perkins to Helm New "Deathlok" Ongoing in October

The "Original Sins" creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Mike Perkins will continue their tenure with Deathlok in a new ongoing series this October.

Full article here.

what viewers love now of the character portrayed by J. August Richards in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
    Deathlok is cool and I'm sure the new comic series will be good. I also like Agents of SHIELD as a whole. But, is anyone really all that impressed with the TV Deathlok? I personally found him to be somewhat lackluster and his arc to be one of the less compelling things about the show. I mean, in a short description, it sounds like it would've been good and heart-wrenching. In execution, the show wouldn't have really been missing much without him.

That's not a statement on Richards. I don't feel I've seen him in enough roles to make a judgement. It's more a statement of how the show handled the character.

I don't know why, but I have this feeling that they are trowing around Micheael Collins' name as a red hering, and that either he'll be killed or taken out of the picture real soon (most likely killed), or this series won't have anything to do with him. Based from what I've seen and read so far, the only scenario I see working for Michael to play lead, is if there is a new Deathlok program running out of control, and Collins ghaas to be reactivated to put an end to it. I'm a HUGE Michael Collins fan, so I'm hoping for the last scenario, but I'm afraid.

Peace

Wasn't really interested in this until I saw Nathan Edmondson's name attached. Now it should be pretty good - Edmondson's Punisher & Black Widow have been amazing. Crossing fingers for $2.99, but knowing Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if this was $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by malreyn View Post
    Deathlok is cool and I'm sure the new comic series will be good. I also like Agents of SHIELD as a whole. But, is anyone really all that impressed with the TV Deathlok? I personally found him to be somewhat lackluster and his arc to be one of the less compelling things about the show. I mean, in a short description, it sounds like it would've been good and heart-wrenching. In execution, the show wouldn't have really been missing much without him.

That's not a statement on Richards. I don't feel I've seen him in enough roles to make a judgement. It's more a statement of how the show handled the character.
    From what I've seen/heard, the answer is yes. A lot of people like his character and the complex/ambiguous nature or it. Plus, Richards just makes him really likeable even when he's technically on the "bad" side. Most people don't like AOS Deathlok's LOOK (the laser tag outfit has to go), but they like the character.

It really doesn't feel like Deathlok without the decayed face.

More work on Edmonson's plate.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Wasn't really interested in this until I saw Nathan Edmondson's name attached. Now it should be pretty good - Edmondson's Punisher & Black Widow have been amazing. Crossing fingers for $2.99, but knowing Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if this was $3.99.
    I don't know if I can afford to add another title to my sub list but if I do splurge on Deathlok, it'll be due to Edmondson. Both Punisher and Black Widow have been fantastic.

Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It really doesn't feel like Deathlok without the decayed face.
    I can understand where you're coming from, but to argue from the other side: the reason I never really liked Deathlok was the decayed face. I like the look of this version of the character much more, although I think a compromise (more metal on the face, more scarring) would work best for both comic and TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from, but to argue from the other side: the reason I never really liked Deathlok was the decayed face. I like the look of this version of the character much more, although I think a compromise (more metal on the face, more scarring) would work best for both comic and TV show.
    I like the fact he doesn't have the messed up face

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I like the fact he doesn't have the messed up face
    What's the point of Deathlok without a messed up face?

That art is beautiful and I wish I was interested enough in the character to support this. I'm not though...
    Former Marvel girl...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    What's the point of Deathlok without a messed up face?
    I assume Edmondson will show us. I trust his capabilities as a writer,and i'm pleased that we have another book with a minority as the lead character with a good writer and artist. It sounds like this will be interesting

I can't say that I'm the biggest Deathlok fan, but I'll try it for Edmonson's writing.