Page 531 of 708 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 10608

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I understand I can view them in the movies... but they are absent from most games these days.
    I have recently spent a lot time playing Marvel games almost exclusively and I can say that Marvel Heroes has X-characters, Marvel Avengers Alliance has them, Marvel Puzzle Quest has them and Marvel Contest of Champions has them. In fact that is the first game where you can play with Magik and she is released in Marvel Heroes this month too.
    Marvel Future Fight doesn't have them so can you name me all the other Marvel games that don't have them? Im talking about games which are actually multi-franchise titles in the first place. A game that is only about the Avengers obviously won't have X-characters in it but it also won't have Guardians of the Galaxy or Inhumans either.
    Love talking about things you love and enjoy? So do I. Check out these threads for doing that.

X-23: http://community.comicbookresources....ivory-to-steel
    Star Wars: http://community.comicbookresources....ce-be-with-you
    Lazarus: http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-thread

Eldritch Abomination dragonmp93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I have recently spent a lot time playing Marvel games almost exclusively and I can say that Marvel Heroes has X-characters, Marvel Avengers Alliance has them, Marvel Puzzle Quest has them and Marvel Contest of Champions has them. In fact that is the first game where you can play with Magik and she is released in Marvel Heroes this month too.
    Marvel Future Fight doesn't have them so can you name me all the other Marvel games that don't have them? Im talking about games which are actually multi-franchise titles in the first place. A game that is only about the Avengers obviously won't have X-characters in it but it also won't have Guardians of the Galaxy or Inhumans either.
    Well, someone got in trouble at Gaz for making the Inferno event, and the FF sale........................................

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    You have to consider those changes were made to some of those characters to develop a relationship with the X-men.Namor and Cloak and Dagger were members of the X-men after they were established to be mutants. Cloak and Dagger had a series that guest starred X-factor and they eventially became Dark X-men. Namor was a member of the Extinction team. Similar retcons have been done to X-characters also Pietro and Wanda are examples yet the whole retcon thing is upheld for them.

Same seems to be the case with Quake. I believe that characters origins do evovle but the recent retconning of certain Marvel characters from having mutant origins is no coincidence.IMO.

The announcement of 2 T.V. is a positive move, but according to naysayers publishing and the movie and t.v. and movie productions are not affecting the comic book decisions positive or negative. We have X-men movies being announced does that discount evidence amassed? Or is it business as usual?
    1) The changes were made because X-Men titles were huge sellers at the time. Namor and Cloak and Dagger didn't develop any relationship with the X-Men for more than a decade after they were retconned as mutants. Until that time, there was no intention of incorporating them into the mutant mythos by anyone.

The X-Factor guest appearance was in two issues and tbh, during the same time X-Factor guest starred in Hulk and Spider-Man comics. Actually, the X-Men from the period guest starred in Power Pack more than in any other book.

Pietro and Wanda were introduced as mutants and have always been mutants until AXIS/Uncanny Avengers vol 2 came along. That's the only retcon that kind of sort of bothers me even though Magneto is not the father is a part I'm OK with.

2) You would think so, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Magneto, Psylock, Mystique, and Archangel are part of Uncanny X-Men in ANAD Marvel. Or that Angel is back to his Archangel roots. Or that Teen Jean is a key player in EXm. I mean, Marvel is putting out a Nighthawk and Hyperion books to coincide with the Batman vs. Superman movie. They have nailed the "take advantage of movies/tv to boost comic book sales" dogma and taken it to a whole new level.

And before someone contradicts me by bringing up the cancellation of the FF comic around the time of the movie... In hindsight, wasn't that the best thing they could have done to protect the FF from having their name dragged in the mud... Who is to say they did not have insider info on how bad the movie was going to be and decided to do preemptive damage control? As Marvel/Disney have no say in the production of the movie...
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-02-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    1) The changes were made because X-Men titles were huge sellers at the time. Namor and Cloak and Dagger didn't develop any relationship with the X-Men for more than a decade after they were retconned as mutants. Until that time, there was no intention of incorporating them into the mutant mythos by anyone.

The X-Factor guest appearance was in two issues and tbh, during the same time X-Factor guest starred in Hulk and Spider-Man comics. Actually, the X-Men from the period guest starred in Power Pack more than in any other book.

Pietro and Wanda were introduced as mutants and have always been mutants until AXIS/Uncanny Avengers vol 2 came along. That's the only retcon that kind of sort of bothers me even though Magneto is not the father is a part I'm OK with.

2) You would think so, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Magneto, Psylock, Mystique, and Archangel are part of Uncanny X-Men in ANAD Marvel. Or that Angel is back to his Archangel roots. Or that Teen Jean is a key player in EXm. I mean, Marvel is putting out a Nighthawk and Hyperion books to coincide with the Batman vs. Superman movie. They have nailed the "take advantage of movies/tv to boost comic book sales" dogma and taken it to a whole new level.

And before someone contradicts me by bringing up the cancellation of the FF comic around the time of the movie... In hindsight, wasn't that the best thing they could have done to protect the FF from having their name dragged in the mud... Who is to say they did not have insider info on how bad the movie was going to be and decided to do preemptive damage control? As Marvel/Disney have no say in the production of the movie...
    Well, we know that Dis-Marvel doesnt want to help FOX make money, but we dont know if they want to make money out of FOX.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, we know that Dis-Marvel doesnt want to help FOX make money, but we dont know if they want to make money out of FOX.
    Haha, 531 pages of comments and we come to the conclusion that Marvel/Disney does not want to help FOX make money for free ... Well, what a productive conversation

We're getting 2 extra dull budget tv shows soon! Legion and a Detective investigating the HFC!!! Just what we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    We're getting 2 extra dull budget tv shows soon! Legion and a Detective investigating the HFC!!! Just what we wanted.
    Legion could be a really great show you know, if they take the character seriously and reads up properly on him. Legion is a pretty great character, mate.

I don't see why there's any reason to be negative when something actually good is announced - we'll be having TWO X-men shows on TV at the same time soon, why would that be a bad thing?

Personally, I'm going to give Legion a shot, because the premise sounds pretty good, and I like the character.

hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar

If Legion is going to be even loosely based on Spurriers run in Legacy, it'll be far from boring. But other than the main focus, we don't know much about how the show will run. How can anyone say boring without watching one episode, before casting even?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Most of those games mentioned came out before Contest of Champions, which was the cut-off point.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Legion is a pretty great character, mate.
    He was great for about 4 issues of New Mutants.

Haha, 531 pages of comments and we come to the conclusion that Marvel/Disney does not want to help FOX make money for free ... Well, what a productive conversation
    Well, you wouldn't believe how many people refuses to believe even just that.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If Legion is going to be even loosely based on Spurriers run in Legacy, it'll be far from boring. But other than the main focus, we don't know much about how the show will run. How can anyone say boring without watching one episode, before casting even?
    Wrong place to apply such logical logic to an argument

Wrong place to apply such logical logic to an argument
    the complex welcomes logic and encourages such practices of critical thinking at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the complex welcomes logic and encourages such practices of critical thinking at all times.
    Most excellent. Could you please BLOODY WELL THEN, encourage users such as DDD to stop hating on things that have not even been released yet? And since when do we not FROWN upon X-elitism on these boards, when certain posters continously bash the characters of the franchise they don't like, and generally turn the boards into a less than savory place?

Just because we're in the Complex-thread doesn't mean we should allow such behaviour, yes? Seriously, I would actually like to hear your view-point on this - surely, you, as a logical, emotionally sound x-fan, feel the same way?

Rookie Member

Some people hate changes in general and want everything stay the way it is. Not only X-Men fans, but it's a common issue.

I love change and looks forward to the new series. And for the lovers of old times we get a mini series of 5 in where all the favorite X-Men appear. Even the dead ones like Banchee.