Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ghost, #5

When Tommy starts to suspect that Von Ghastly, the eccentric host of a bloodcurdling cable access show, may be up to more than just morbid mischief, Ghost leaps into action . . . but she has an audience of her own! Chris Sebela serves up big screams on the small screen!

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Full article here.
    Isit just me, or is / was that link taking you to a catch-all Previews page and not a specific issue's preview?

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isit just me, or is / was that link taking you to a catch-all Previews page and not a specific issue's preview?
    No its not just you, looks like they did the wrong link haha.

And they actually don't have a preview for Ghost Issue 5 haha.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

Doesn't matter, I'm getting it anyway!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Bleeding Cool has some previews for both Captain Midnight #12 and Ghost #5:
    Special Preview – Dark Horse’s ‘Starting Point’ Captain Midnight #12 And Ghost #5

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Doesn't matter, I'm getting it anyway!!
    I would have not looks at the preview much anyway spoilers ;P but I am soooo getting it! I am loving Ghost.
    Special Preview – Dark Horse’s ‘Starting Point’ Captain Midnight #12 And Ghost #5
    Yep, I have already seen those. The art for it is great!!!
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).

I'm off and on with this series and feel like I'm buying it strictly because it's a part of PBS, not because I love it. I think if this issue and issue #6 doesn't knock my socks off I may abandon this book as a whole, I just can't justify buying a comic I'm not in love with, especially since I've jumped on basically the entire Mignola line of comics and added more to my monthly comic buying bill.
    Twitter - @BslyTheGamerGuy

Official Blog - Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com 8/11/14 - A retrogaming reiew of ASTYANAX for the NES!

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I'm off and on with this series and feel like I'm buying it strictly because it's a part of PBS, not because I love it. I think if this issue and issue #6 doesn't knock my socks off I may abandon this book as a whole, I just can't justify buying a comic I'm not in love with, especially since I've jumped on basically the entire Mignola line of comics and added more to my monthly comic buying bill.
    Should you not give it the whole next arc? :P
    - Pulls:

I'm buying X and Midnight. Haven't touched Ghost yet, but I'm thinking about it! Love Dark Horse's new hero initiative.

I have absolutely loved Ghost from the very beginning and have felt that KSD did a remarkable job on the previous mini series which has been continued into this series with Chris Sebela. I am curious how well he will do on his own as I dont think I have read anything written solely by him before.
    Likewise, the art in both the mini series by Phil Noto and then Ryan Sook's start on the series were top notch. I can not express how elated I was to read that Jan Duursema was joining the art team. I was very curious where she would land when the Star Wars line ended, so very glad it is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Socrato View Post
    I'm buying X and Midnight. Haven't touched Ghost yet, but I'm thinking about it! Love Dark Horse's new hero initiative.
    You should! Its been a great run so far! And it is the top selling Black Sky title every time it has come out.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have absolutely loved Ghost from the very beginning and have felt that KSD did a remarkable job on the previous mini series which has been continued into this series with Chris Sebela. I am curious how well he will do on his own as I dont think I have read anything written solely by him before.
    Likewise, the art in both the mini series by Phil Noto and then Ryan Sook's start on the series were top notch. I can not express how elated I was to read that Jan Duursema was joining the art team. I was very curious where she would land when the Star Wars line ended, so very glad it is here!
    He is a great writer, his series Dead Letters is really great and his other series High Crimes is also good, and up for a Eisner award, which is the best award in comics. I have talked to him a few times over his run so far and he is a really nice guy and some great ideas for Ghost. And I am glad Jan is somewhere too and she is wonderful for this title. I know she is staying on for the next full arc, but I hope she stays on after. When I find out I will let you guys know. Phil and Ryan are great! I wish they could have stayed, but they have had amazing artist take there place!

I have loved Ghost since I read it as a kid in the 90s. And I love what they are doing with her now! She has never been better!

The link for the preview is up, btw. I just looked at one page (no spoilers for me) but from that one page the inking and coloring for the page looks great! I have seen Jan pencils before and she is wonderful!
    Last edited by Power Torch; 06-13-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    - Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Socrato View Post
    If you haven't , maybe you'd like to participate on this link: http://community.comicbookresources....-Sky-Character

As for the preview, I just wanted to ask about her costume. Is she wearing a scarf or is it just attached to her cape?
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Ongoing solo, Storm #1: 7/23/2014
    Ongoing solo, Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If you haven't , maybe you'd like to participate on this link: http://community.comicbookresources....-Sky-Character

As for the preview, I just wanted to ask about her costume. Is she wearing a scarf or is it just attached to her cape?
    She is wearing a scarf/headdress it seems, I don't think its attached. The hood part maybe, but there is a scarf there at least. She wraps it around her neck and her head I think.

Her old costume was a hood, but her new one looks like a headdress scarf thing.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 06-14-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    - Pulls: