Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Parker Infuses "Aquaman" with Wonder Woman, "True Detective"

"Aquaman" writer Jeff Parker discusses the Wonder Woman team-up in his "Annual," Meral's role as underwater queen and politician and much more.

Full article here.

IMO, Parker is doing just as good a job (if not better in some ways) than Johns

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Parker's issue with Aquaman attending his high school reunion was one of my favourite single issues of the entire New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I think Johns did a great job establishing Aquaman, and that Parker is doing just as well if not better by running with it. It's a very seamless transition between the two.

Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Swamp Thing are DC's gold trio right now.

I wonder if Parker ever plans to use Poseidon here, though I'm still iffy on Atkins's design.

I so do hope Parker introduces more reimagined villains... I want to see Marine Marauder and the Fire Trolls. Plus more cross overs with DC characters. Wonder Woman and Aquaman feel like such a natural team up considering the Greek myth links.

Also, an interesting concept with Chimera namely the Karaqan hating Arthur for killing it but Coombs remembering him saving him.

Geoff Johns is awesome, and he made Aquaman an awesome character in great comic.

Jeff Parker is the writer now, Aquaman is still awesome, and the comic is still great.

I can't wait to read this annual, and see him team up with Wonder Woman. I hope they get Hercules out of his trap and help him readjust. The poor big fella needs therapy after what he's been through for thousands of years.
    Inspired by SJNeal
    Was Comet Man.
    Member since Jan 2008.
    Forgot prior post count, but it was in the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Parker's issue with Aquaman attending his high school reunion was one of my favourite single issues of the entire New 52.
    I'm totally with you. The high school reunion issue, imo, was an instant classic for Aquaman.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Parker's AQUAMAN is fantastic.

WONDER WOMAN, AQUAMAN, SWAMP THING, and ACTION COMICS are where it's at.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Damn, but that Mera image is awesome. The mosaic is pretty cool too.

AQM-Cv33-4facb.jpg

I've always liked her as a character (as a kid I wondered why Hawkgirl was allowed in the JLA, but not Mera, except for her time hanging around a bit in Detroit). I'm glad the book is giving her lots of page time.
    Top 6 Books Lately: All-New X-Men, Aquaman, Black Science, Five Ghosts, Cyclops, Starlight
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy
    Top 6 X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Cannonball, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Also, an interesting concept with Chimera namely the Karaqan hating Arthur for killing it but Coombs remembering him saving him.
    I'm really liking that idea, lots of story potential there.

Also, how was the Secret Origin #2 overall? I'm intrigued by there possibly being some hints for Aquaman's future but I don't really need to read another version of Batman's origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Also, how was the Secret Origin #2 overall? I'm intrigued by there possibly being some hints for Aquaman's future but I don't really need to read another version of Batman's origin.
    All three of the stories in Secret Origins recap what we've seen from the pasts in a set order.

Batman's is a remembrance of his parents' death, leaving home, learning the skills, "Zero Year" and learning the symbol for becoming the Bat. It's not bad as a primer, but it's not really giving you a new appreciation of the character.

Aquaman is definitely the highlight: it shows you his parents, recaps the discovery of his powers and meeting Dr. Shen, then includes more of his high school days before explaining what really happened with Dr. Shen and why he had to leave Maine for Atlantis, as well as the death of his father before going into the tie in with Black Manta. It even makes mention of The Others and Justice League as well.

Starfire is the weakest. Scott Lobdell finally ties in the entire past (the loss of her parents, homeworld, time in slavery, etc.) up to her becoming a warrior, but all the rest — including her time with Dick, as hinted in "Death Of The Family" — isn't presented, most likely because DC wants that to remain untouched for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    WONDER WOMAN, AQUAMAN, SWAMP THING, and ACTION COMICS are where it's at.
    For me, DC is doing very well with Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman Eternal, Green Arrow, Swamp Thing and Wonder Woman, while The Flash and Red Lanterns are pretty good too.

Parker's Aquaman is adequate so far. Not even close to Johns run so far. I am sticking with it for now as I am a Parker fan, but his run is not exactly thrilling me so far.
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, The Multiversity, Superman, Superman Unchained

I'm enjoying Parker's run a lot more.

Always found Johns's run to be overrated.