Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Milligan & Fernandez's "The Names" Hits Vertigo in September

Peter Milligan and Leandro Fernandez take on the secret world of high finance in new Vertigo miniseries "The Names" this September.

Full article here.

Two Milligan books this fall, excellent.

Enigma is always forgotten...

Shame to see Discipline has been moved but this mini also looks very promising
    RIP Superior foes of spider-man! We will miss you!

Finally we get the date...well month.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Two Milligan books this fall, excellent.
    I'm just glad that he's decided to focus on creator-owned. None of his work-for-hire stuff has done anything for me since that Namor mini he did with Ribic.

In the meantime.....I really do wish that Vertigo would get on it and collect the entirety of his run on Shade. The fact that it's not collected is a travesty.

I suppose that I should be happy that they at least put the whole run up on Comixology.

I might give this a chance. I've actually basically written off Milligan at this point. Greek Street did nothing for me nor did his work on Red Lanterns or Justice League Dark. Haven't read any of his stuff since then. But this, Terminal Hero, and the Discipline (whenever that comes out) all sound promising.

I enjoyed all three of those runs and Doop has been really fun. But yeah I think he's starting on a better foot here than he has on his last few books

I enjoyed all three of those runs and Doop has been really fun. But yeah I think he's starting on a better foot here than he has on his last few books
    I really didn't like Red Lanterns, but I definitely could afford to give Greek Street another look one day. I may have been guilty of writing that one off too quickly. I also got the feeling that his run on JLD would read better in one big trade, which it now is. Following it monthly was a bit frustrating but I imagine it's a solid enough read in trade.

This looks really interesting. Is there a list of highly rated mini series that are upcoming and ongoing that I can look at? I like the wake, trillium, and am getting trees and the woods.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    This looks really interesting. Is there a list of highly rated mini series that are upcoming and ongoing that I can look at? I like the wake, trillium, and am getting trees and the woods.
    The Roayls: Masters of War?
    BB

Si Spencer's Bodies is on the way, too. Some great artistic talent on that mini, too.

Many titles from Milligan's last few years ended abruptly so I'm glad this one was designed as a mini.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 06-12-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Many titles from Milligan's last few years ended abruptly so I'm glad this one was designed as a mini.
    Annoying thing, innit?
    BB

nevermind. misread something.

I think this looks good but I have a hard time getting excited when they announced a different Milligan title at Vertigo nearly a year ago that has yet to materialize. I know they recognized that, but still.

Plus, where the f is Bermejo's Suiciders? Suiciders and Discipline were the only books I really wanted in that rebooted / revamped Vertigo lineup, and they are nowhere.
    Independents: Saga, The Private Eye, Chew, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly, Southern Bastards

Marvel: She-Hulk, Loki: Agent of Asgard, All-New Ghost Rider, All-New X-Factor, Amazing Spider-Man