Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Copperhead #1

Writer Jay Faerber (NEAR DEATH, DYNAMO 5) and artist Scott Godlewski (Dracula: The Company of Monsters) team up with colorist Ron Riley (NEAR DEATH, DYNAMO 5) and letterer/designer Thomas Mauer (UNDERTOW, UMBRAL) to bring readers an all-new science fiction western series this September from Image Comics.

Clara Bronson is a single mother and the new sheriff in Copperhead, a small mining town on a distant planet. But while Clara might seem like an ordinary lady in all respects, she has one or two secrets she's hiding...and secrets don't last long in a small town like Copperhead.

No one's quite sure where Clara came from or why she took the job as sheriff in the first place. Some suspect she might be on the run from someone, trying to start life anew. Being the sheriff of grimy, dust-laden Copperhead is no one's idea of dream job-except for maybe the deputy, who had his sights set on being sheriff long before Clara ever arrived. But Clara Bronson's not the only strange mystery in Copperhead: there's more to this little community than meets the eye.

Full preview here.

That looks pretty good. I already ordered #1.

This looks amazing! I'm so down for a scifi western. Added to pull.

Art looks nice, and that BKV quote doesn't hurt that Image has put out there doesn't hurt.

Looks pretty good. Ill check it out.

Always will give a Jay Faerber series a long look.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Looks good, seems more westerneey than East of West, reminds me a little of Bravestarr.
    SPIDERMAN 2099* CAP AMERICA & MIGHTY AVENGERS* UNITY* THE VALIANT* JOHN CARTER* AVP* STAR TREK/POTA

Looks like Image is trying to make me poor. I think I'll have to pick this up when it comes out. Though September is so far away!
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Jay Faerber rocks! Love his work and most especially love all the wonderful stuff he recommends in his comics letter columns. Come for the great comics stay for the great pop culture advice.

Jay's been hinting at this and at least one more book he's got in the works. Looking forward to it. But anything by Jay is an automatic buy for me.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.
    Currently Reading: Mice Templar, Manafest Destiny, East of West, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, The Punisher, Amazing Spider-Man, Five Weapons, Fables, Fairest, Powers: Bureau, Alex + Ada, Saga, and The Sixth Gun.

This looks really, really good. And Faeber is a great writer. Sold.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Definitely picking this up, it sounds and looks great. Image is on fire!

I like the art and it looks fun / interesting, I will give the first issue a shot for sure.
    Image: Saga, Chew, Southern Bastards, Deadly Class, Wayward, Copperhead, Umbral

Marvel: She-Hulk, Loki: Agent of Asgard, All-New Ghost Rider

Just caught this preview. Really interested. Sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Looks good, seems more westerneey than East of West, reminds me a little of Bravestarr.
    Now there's a show I haven't thought of in forever.

But anyway, yeah, this book looks like it'll hit all of my "do want" buttons. Faerber does solid work and I'm always happy to check out his new projects.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.