Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Has it been confirmed in a marvel comic that 616 Finesse is indeed the biological daughter of 616 Taskmaster?
    I think it was more or less confirmed. During the story arc of when they moved to L.A. and Reptil was kidnapped by his future self, future Finesse seemed to confirm that Taskmaster was her father.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Has it been confirmed in a marvel comic that 616 Finesse is indeed the biological daughter of 616 Taskmaster?
    It was implied, and her future self shared the memory loss issues that Taskmaster was said to have as well, and when she was powered up with her own future knowledge, she was using martial arts moves from future folk, like the 'Sky Panther's Strike' or whatever.

I was hugely disappointed by that, as she had been introduced as a superhuman polymath, learning languages, electronics, spycraft, chemistry, musical instruments *and* fighting styles and gymnastics, and then sort of stealth-retconned into being only able to replicate fighting styles and physical stuff, to make her more like the Taskmaster. She went from being completely original, and with unlimited potential (including to be one of the rare, at the time, ladies to enter the 'top 10 geniuses' list, years before it was flooded with Riri, Nadia, Lunella, etc.), to a less-interesting version of the Taskmaster (which 616 already had one of, with Melee, from the Initiative, who Taskmaster expressed an interest in sparring with!). Ugh.

I wish we'd see more of Finesse, even if she's been massively downgraded from 'master of anything she studies' to 'Taskmaster 2.0.' I liked her practical streak, and how it made her a bit less innately heroic than some of her peers (like Reptil and Mettle), and perhaps a little too well-suited to slide into villainy, if not given a logical / practical argument to be on the side of the angels.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Reptil and Striker, for that matter, or some of the Initiative kids (Komodo and Hardball, for instance, or some of the lesser seen people like Red Nine and Telemetry and Gorilla Girl), or some of the many cool teen mutants that have been mostly forgotten (Hellion, Dust, Indra, Loa, etc.).

Really, Marvel's just got way too many characters I'd like to see more of! It's pretty much the definition of an embarrassment of riches.

Veteran Member

Maybe what we need is an Avengers version of Generation X/Wolverine and the X-Men - a book with maybe eight or so regulars and a lot of others appearing as and when the plot calls for it. But they'd have to call it something other than Avengers Academy due to the mobile game.