Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: All-New X-Men #29

This July, the Future Brotherhood's plan comes to devastating fruition in ALL-NEW X-MEN #29 - from the superstar creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen! After infiltrating the New Charles Xavier School, the Future Brotherhood - led by the son of Charles Xavier and Mystique have crushed the students and X-Men alike. As they all lay inches from death, the Brotherhood has set their sights on the only one powerful enough to stop them - young Jean Grey! As Jean Grey prepares for the greatest psychic battle she's ever faced, can she control the unimaginable power waiting just below the surface? If she can't, who's in more danger - the Brotherhood...or the X-Men? Find out when a psychic battle for the ages erupts this July in ALL-NEW X-MEN #29!

Full preview here.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Preview Already?! Nice

BANNED

Yesss Jeen!

Kill the annoying legacy characters!

Jean saving the day again, not surprising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Jean saving the day again, not surprising.
    I hope so.

And good on her. It's not like she's been allowed to do anything in the past 10 years.

Is Jean finally going to kill someone? And when's Warren getting his ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I hope so.

And good on her. It's not like she's been allowed to do anything in the past 10 years.
    It's sarcasm on my end. Jeans EMO power bursts are overly convient. It's becoming a staple (rudimentary, predictable whatever you want) for whenever shit turns grim.

BANNED

It's sarcasm on my end. Jeans EMO power bursts are overly convient. It's becoming a staple (rudimentary, predictable whatever you want) for whenever shit turns grim.
    Yeah I'd agree, but given the quality of the plot in general and being a big fan of the ol' redhead, her repeated outbursts are the least of my problems with the series. I like seeing her kick-ass. Especially when the characters she's beating are so terrible and the story so flimsy.

I can at least get my jollies from the Jean-feats.

Jeen's EMO bursts = Miles venom blasts in USM when that started.

That preview art is looking good, no real surprise on that front.

It's my bias showing, as I admit that repeated going back to the "press Jean to win button" really shouldn't fly as often as it's used, but it's been so long without her in 616 I just can't bring myself to care.

Yeah I'd agree, but given the quality of the plot in general and being a big fan of the ol' redhead, her repeated outbursts are the least of my problems with the series. I like seeing her kick-ass. Especially when the characters she's beating are so terrible and the story so flimsy.

I can at least get my jollies from the Jean-feats.
    Don't mind the kicking ass but the rinse and repeat manner I could do without. (Concept on how it's done)

Yesss Jeen!

Kill the annoying legacy characters!
    Personally i think that they should introduce future Beast Daughter and future Iceman son and let them form a team wiht all the legacy/son/daughters of original Xmen and Avengers already. At this point there are so many future son/daughter hanging around in MU present that they could fomr their personal superhero team
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 06-11-2014 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's my bias showing, as I admit that repeated going back to the "press Jean to win button" really shouldn't fly as often as it's used, but it's been so long without her in 616 I just can't bring myself to care.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Perosnally i thikn at this point they should introduce future Beast Daughter and future Iceman son and let them form a team wiht all the legacy/son/daughters of original Xmen and Avengers.
    I think Beast's daughter, Iceman's son, Hope Summers, all these shitty characters in All-New X-Men, Storm's daughter, and Daken should all get captured by Arcade and systematically killed and destroyed.

Well this nicely spoils the cliffhanger we got at the end of All New X-men #28, but I'm not complaining. The idea of O5 Jean utterly maiming Xavier Jr. and his meat puppets puts a smile on my face. The idea of X-23 making sure he stays dead this time only makes that smile even wider. I just hope that Bendis doesn't overdo the whole "Jean can't control this new power" thing. We've seen enough of that recently. Maybe this is a chance for Emma Frost to give O5 Jean her first lesson. She did go out of her way to save Jean in the most recent issue. Maybe this is the beginning of a very awkward yet very productive partnership.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Angel looks ridiculous on a motorcycle.