Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Chris Yost & Craig Kyle's "Amazing X-Men" Return

Chris Yost and Craig Kyle discuss their return to the X-Universe with "Amazing X-Men" and share work stories from "Thor: The Dark World."

Full article here.

Out w/the old in w/the.. NewMutant's Avatar

I love their answer about Alpha Flight's role. "Uh just remember they've only sustained one long run. And its tricky. And uh... can't spoil... *coughs*we have history of killing everyone*coughs* so you'll just have to enjoy they are actually being used..."

Barberi's art <3

No mention of Iceman though. That makes me a little worried.

So after the Wendigo arc they might bring in Juggernaut? Still waiting for a reason to buy this book. Also, if they're going to kill someone please let it be Firestar.

Honestly, I'll be happy if these guys have a few New X-men/Young X-men stories left within them, because you all know Aaron and even Bendis will never use these characters in their tales.

Even Lautor,sort of, and Wood, definitely, are trying to bring these characters back and even Blindfold played a major supporting role in the recent X-men legacy series.

Even Christos Gage treated the New X-men kids better than Gillen and even Aaron ever did.

I mean it's one thing to be in the background, but after all the team suffered, maybe it's time to branch out AWAY FROM BOTH SCHOOLS AND THE SCHISM and start on their own again. Because it is the X-men fault that the kids are neglected in favor of Indie and even Quieten Quire.

So they can't really use the New X-Men students because they are so important right now in the other X-books? Really? Who's going to believe that?
    UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine TerminalHero
    Awaiting: Low Axis

He was a wizardadadadah! Cold Water's Avatar

*sigh*
    All of Alpha Flight can be expected to be splattered all over the place soon.
    Awesome.
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.-Hermann Hesse

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    *sigh*
    All of Alpha Flight can be expected to be splattered all over the place soon.
    Awesome.
    Wendigo Burgers with Alpha sauce

I don't see all of Alpha Flight being killed. A death and some maiming but not the entire team dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    So they can't really use the New X-Men students because they are so important right now in the other X-books? Really? Who's going to believe that?
    Yeah, the "what if somebody else has big plans for Anole?" part made me laugh.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

When they're on point, they're really on point, so I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. And I'm usually not prone to knee-jerk-fanboy-overreactions, but if a single member of Alpha Flight ends up dead, I'm dropping this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    So after the Wendigo arc they might bring in Juggernaut? Still waiting for a reason to buy this book. Also, if they're going to kill someone please let it be Firestar.
    IKR?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I am excited for the Yost/Kyle run. I loved their Illyana stories, XForce run & New XMen. I haven't liked "Amazing" so far so I am looking forward to the change.....except the Colossus thing. The ONLY time I have liked him was in XForce & his fun relationship with Domino. They were a great fun couple.

Nice to see Rachel being used too....especially with Kurt

I love that Yost/Kyle love Rachel too <3

"We need to be careful, if we want to grab somebody like Anole, that we're not ripping him out of the hands of someone who has a great storyline for him."

C'mon Craig, even you don't believe that. LOL

He was a wizardadadadah! Cold Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Wendigo Burgers with Alpha sauce

I don't see all of Alpha Flight being killed. A death and some maiming but not the entire team dying.
    Mac, unfortunately, will probably be the choice. He's always the obvious choice. *Somanysadfaces* I love Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    When they're on point, they're really on point, so I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. And I'm usually not prone to knee-jerk-fanboy-overreactions, but if a single member of Alpha Flight ends up dead, I'm dropping this book.
    Iloveyousomuchrightnow. <3
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.-Hermann Hesse

xposition.jpg

Unless you count Quentin Quire as a New X-Men, that's just trolling.

Wonderful art. Glad seeing Rachel will be in this arc. I hope Firestar does not die
    I wish to weep but sorrow is stupid. I wish to believe but belief is a graveyard. - Charles Bukowski