Page 71 of 116 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1727
    Incredible Member

Whoever believes in "good and evil" as anything beyond an arbitrary concept invented by humans to keep society running smoothly is fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Discovery channel is such garbage nowadays.
    That's hardly controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Whoever believes in "good and evil" as anything beyond an arbitrary concept invented by humans to keep society running smoothly is fooling themselves.
    Plus what is considered good and even changes through time. At one time burning witches was considered good because witches were evil . Now it is burning people alive is considered evil and witches are just
    considered people of a different religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Other things invented by humans to keep society running smoothly would be, language, logic, mathematics ... I don't know, just saying that something invented by humans can still be ...you know, "good".
    We've got the power to be loving each other, no matter what happens -- we've got the power to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Other things invented by humans to keep society running smoothly would be, language, logic, mathematics ... I don't know, just saying that something invented by humans can still be ...you know, "good".
    I mean, isn't "keeping society running smoothly" a good thing, though?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I mean, isn't "keeping society running smoothly" a good thing, though?
    Depends on if society thinks your religion, race, sexual orientation, or even which hand you use fits their image of what a good thing is. The outmoded terms for right handedness is dexterous
    and for left handedness it was sinister. And we know what the other synonym for sinister is.

All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed, still exist within the human heart and will never die (Neil Gaiman to the contrary).

Dismissing them has no more meaning than spitting on your own shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed, still exist within the human heart and will never die (Neil Gaiman to the contrary).
    If you replace "All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed" with Father Christmas, then I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    There is no god, or gods... whatever can be asserted without evidence can be likewise dismissed.

Moreover, the God of the old testament is a psychotic, capricious, genocidal, slave and rape condoning sociopath... and no thinking person can read the Bible, or the Koran and not be appalled that most of the world actually tethers to this lunacy.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    If you replace "All gods that were ever worshipped, or even cursed" with Father Christmas, then I agree.
    Careful, saying "Father Christmas" is tantamount that stating that Santa Claus can't be female!

Just like Superman can be black because he's not real, according to Jimmy Kimmel. Does that mean Black Panther can be white because he's also not real?

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Just like Superman can be black because he's not real, according to Jimmy Kimmel. Does that mean Black Panther can be white because he's also not real?
    Kimmel forgot to mention the codicil.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Robert Plant is a terrible singer. His only rival for awfulness is Jim Dandy Mangrum.
    Yeah.. I don't understand that at all. Granted. his voice hasn't been anywhere near as good as it was at his peak (late '60s/early'70s) for decades now, but the guy was unquestionably amazing long ago.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Robert Plant is a terrible singer. His only rival for awfulness is Jim Dandy Mangrum.
    It's true that there are people out there that find Plant's voice too much of an acquired taste. His voice has hardly improved with age also. I've heard quite a few comments like that down the years which is fair enough.

I think though that, when the sun finally sets on all of us, that he'll have been a more successful singer than you will be a comic-book writer.

Nah.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!