Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Remender's "Captain America" Becomes "The Tomorrow Soldier"

Rick Remender examines the fallout from Cap's battle with the Iron Nail and teases "The Tomorrow Soldier," a new arc featuring Arnim Zola & Red Skull.

Full article here.

Misdirection eh?

I wanted it to be Falcon (this dose not necessarily mean it's not Sam)

But hopefully it is him to take up the shield for a minute.
    Last edited by Maverick; 06-12-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Ian will be the new Cap. Somehow he will find a way out of Dimension Z and will end up being the new Cap. Hate this idea. Also, not to mention how half-baked it was taking Steve's super-soldier serum. I mean really? Come on!

This is niether here nor there really and I will admit rather pedantic, but I wish that comics writers would stop inventing "small eastern european countries" called something-stan - there are no countries ending in -stan in Europe, the nearest they get is 300 miles East of the most Easterly point of Ukraine and very decidedly in Asia by that point. If you want to name a European country, feel free to knock yourselves out with the -ia suffixes instead, there are plenty of those around.

So it looks more and more like "Batman Beyond". And older hero no longer able to do the job, directing from his bed while someone else tries to carry on the tradition. When Brubaker put Bucky in the costume I had big doubts but he quashed them. I just hate seeing Steve in that bed. It's been sooo long for this to play out that the payoff had better be damn well worth it or I am done!

I was really excited for Axis, but now it seems that the tie-ins will be "essential." Great...
    UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine TerminalHero
    Awaiting: Low Axis

This should be a very interesting story coming up for cap. I would personally like to see Jet Black take the captain america title while steve is unable to perform the duties. That would be an interesting turn of events when Zola returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatMattZ View Post
    Ian will be the new Cap. Somehow he will find a way out of Dimension Z and will end up being the new Cap. Hate this idea. Also, not to mention how half-baked it was taking Steve's super-soldier serum. I mean really? Come on!
    Well, it's not like it'll last any more than /all the other times/ this exact same story has played out.

"oh no! the super soldier serum is gone! But this time (and only this time) it's loss makes him old!"

I admit, I'm not big on yet /another/ Cap replacement story, though.

Know what's great? When your operating system reboots (with Windows updates) in the middle of typing your first post on CBR...
    Long time read, first time poster. Hey everyone!
    Last edited by ChaosMajik; 06-12-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Computer Reboot

I may have to start picking up Captain America, and I don't even like him that much. I like the idea of old man Rogers and some new Captain America running around saving the world batman beyond style. Besides I love Remenders work and I'm excited for Axis. I guess this will be the first time I've read a Captain America ongoing since Bucky became Captain America.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm not 100% on where this is going, but it might turn out okay. I'll wait and see.

Looks like Falcon is going to be the new Captain America.
    Avengers35-0efde.jpg
    How about Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    This should be a very interesting story coming up for cap. I would personally like to see Jet Black take the captain america title while steve is unable to perform the duties. That would be an interesting turn of events when Zola returns.
    That's what I was thinking! I'd love it; best of a bad situation, I think.

So now that Nick Fury's been decapitated in Original Sin, I'm guessing Cap will be taking on Fury's role at SHIELD as that "very unique situation" that Remender can't talk about... his mind & tactical abilities at the forefront and all that...
    Last edited by DynaMike; 06-12-2014 at 07:12 AM.

So yeah, it sounds like Ian will be the Terry for Cap Beyond, and he'll probably get sacrificed at the end to bring Steve back to his physical prime. He might run SHIELD before and after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMajik View Post
    Know what's great? When your operating system reboots (with Windows updates) in the middle of typing your first post on CBR...
    Long time read, first time poster. Hey everyone!
    It didn't auto save? The posts usually do that. Sucks, but welcome!