Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DiDio Looks to Kirby, "Harry Potter" in "Infinity Man and the Forever People"

The DC Comics co-publisher talks about writing "Infinity Man" with Keith GIffen, the book's upcoming guest artists and its "Futures End" tie-in.

Full article here.

Tom Grummett is an awesome fill in pick.

Interesting and ironic they asked Didio about the tone of the book,
    Last edited by Kid A; 06-12-2014 at 10:08 AM.

i give it 8 issues
    MARK MY WORDS
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    i give it 8 issues
    MARK MY WORDS
    We know, we all know, but lets support the hell out of it anyway, maybe it will last longer than that.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.

It's just stupid.

People complain that Didio is forcing DC down a dark and gritty road. He writes the very kind of books they complain DC doesn't do, and they refuse to buy them because he writes them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    It's just stupid.

People complain that Didio is forcing DC down a dark and gritty road. He writes the very kind of books they complain DC doesn't do, and they refuse to buy them because he writes them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    8 months later they'll be again complaining about "lack of diversity".

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    i give it 8 issues
    MARK MY WORDS
    From the interview it looks to go at least 10 issues. I'd be a waste to end it before March when there'll be that 2 month hiatus for the Burbank move.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    8 months later they'll be again complaining about "lack of diversity".
    I saw that first post and was about to reply to it saying the same exact thing as you.

It's just stupid.

Excellent post, although it should be noted that the complainers are message-board types who don't necessarily reflect the buying public at large. But yeah, some people just look for negative things to focus on all the time. It's bewildering.

You know what, I looks like it will be a fun ride while it last, so I'm on board!

Really, since the end of Forever Evil - I've enjoyed Justice League Canada (Buying only the Canada Variants), Future's End (I like that C-listers are the focus) and now this. Even Earth 2 is getting more interesting!

So for the next few months I've got some books I'm really enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Command-D View Post
    So for the next few months I've got some books I'm really enjoying.
    I think that's the point....

But seriously, if you want lighter, more fun books, buy this one. It's competent to good, and it's a clear message to the publisher on what you want.

It's just stupid.

I think you are confusing his role as writer with his role as former executive editor and current publisher of DC. Under him as editor and publisher DC has absolutely gone down a bloodier path usually choosing blood and violence over any serious attempts at storytelling. It just that the material that he writes is totally different from the stuff he is trying to foster at DC.

Tom Grummett?? Hell freaking yes.

I do believe that one page alone is the best New 52 drawing of Darkseid. I dig how even the royal bling of his armor is cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think you are confusing his role as writer with his role as former executive editor and current publisher of DC. Under him as editor and publisher DC has absolutely gone down a bloodier path usually choosing blood and violence over any serious attempts at storytelling. It just that the material that he writes is totally different from the stuff he is trying to foster at DC.
    I think FANS confuse his role as publisher/exec. editor with being a human being.

DC is bloodier and more violent because THAT'S WHAT IS SELLING.

He's TRYING to foster more fun, lighter stuff---he does it the most direct way by WRITING IT. As well, he tried to keep the first iteration of Jaimie Reyes, a definite attempt at a lighter, family friendly book, far beyond the usual call.

Don't blame Didio for a dark DC Universe---blame other fans who buy the dark and disdain the light.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I think FANS confuse his role as publisher/exec. editor with being a human being.

DC is bloodier and more violent because THAT'S WHAT IS SELLING.

He's TRYING to foster more fun, lighter stuff---he does it the most direct way by WRITING IT. As well, he tried to keep the first iteration of Jaimie Reyes, a definite attempt at a lighter, family friendly book, far beyond the usual call.

Don't blame Didio for a dark DC Universe---blame other fans who buy the dark and disdain the light.
    Superb post, and so very true.
    Inspired by SJNeal
    Was Comet Man.
    Member since Jan 2008.
    Forgot prior post count, but it was in the thousands.