Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2488

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Curtis moved up to Flip and used his Healing Sting to help heal any damage done by the two men.
    "I'm fine..." Flip stood up on his own, "So why are we standing around? Let's go, we got two more perps to catch." After taking a cautious step, he then began walking quickly in the direction the two ran off in, gradually picking up speed as he did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The blast sends him slamming into the wall behind him.

As he was falling down to his knees, two things happened. First he managed to catch a glimpse of two figures running away, second he felt Rose grab him before he collapsed completely.

"Yeah, I'm okay." After letting Rose help him up, "What..oh.." Flip then glanced down the hallway, "Was I imagining it or did two guys blast down the door and run away?"
    "I...guess so." Rose stood up and got ready to give chase. "Those must've been the douchebags who were screwing with our heads earlier. Let's go beat 'em up."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

They search room after room, until after a moment, as Flip reaches out to open another one, the door is blown off its hinges and slams into Flip, knocking him back. Two people run out of the room and down the hallway.
    Carter heard the blast and quickly hustled out the door of the room he was in in time to catch two men running down the hall. Drawing two knives and inverting his grip, he sprinted after them.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

- Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Thick, knobby roots and vines lay throughout the underbrush and makes whatever is sending the tendrils out hard to find.
    Silver and Mayumi, however, mow through and rip apart the tendrils, metal and ink claws making mulch of the plant life. Mayumi would notice, however, the quality of the light from this unknown sun seemed wrong and the air began to be filled with a sense of decay and rot.

Something bigger was coming.
    "This is either a real good illusion, or we're in a fuckin' pickle." Mayumi called over to Silver, as the rank of decay filled her nose. Continuing to hack away at the underbrush in an attempt to find the source, the girl couldn't help but worry that she might be out of her depth.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar

Seeing the attack and seals his eyes, love caked on by smell as he bursts out two small flviscious homuncli clones as he then crawls all fours in super speed on ceiling after them. The hunt was on. " Your ass. Is.... ours!"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

The two men book it, the shorter one spinning at the corner and sending a gout of flame down the hallway towards Carter and Kenny as they were at the head of the chase group, before heading around the corner, following his partner.
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

Silver grunts, then pauses and takes a few steps back as the vines seem to lighten up and retract somewhat. Gross sap, ichor, and some sort of greenish fluid covers their arms and faces, but Mayumi and her seem safe.

"Mayumi, be ready to run. I....sense something, it's almost here. Something.....beyond me."
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

The two men book it, the shorter one spinning at the corner and sending a gout of flame down the hallway towards Carter and Kenny as they were at the head of the chase group, before heading around the corner, following his partner.
    Seeing the flames approaching her teammates, Rose reached out with her hands and then raised her right hand and she reduced the gravity of Carter and Kenny and rose them up into the air while lowering her left hand and increasing the gravity on the flames to make them hit the floor instead of her friends.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar

Kenny I s at the team work as he launches two tentacles to catapult himself full speed to smaller man with a enrichened fist for punching. Aimee ng for the face/neck.

"Thanks," he called out to Rose. He planted his feet on the jamb of a nearby door, then propelled himself toward the men.

With Rose raising her friends and lowering the fire, Kenny and Carter get by it and attack the man. However, Kenny's punch goes through the man and he dissipates.

Another illusion.

Carter makes the corner and sees the two, no longer running, standing ten feet away. The shorter one, the pyromancer, sends out a leash of fire towards Carter, attempting to wrap him up and burn him while the other one, taller and gaunter, casts an illusion on Kenny and makes him see only darkness.
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Silver grunts, then pauses and takes a few steps back as the vines seem to lighten up and retract somewhat. Gross sap, ichor, and some sort of greenish fluid covers their arms and faces, but Mayumi and her seem safe.

"Mayumi, be ready to run. I....sense something, it's almost here. Something.....beyond me."
    "Nowhere we can really run to, now is there?" Mayumi commented back. "So's ... best fire up that confidence aura thingie or what have you. Runnin's only gonna get us so far." True, if this thing was beyond Silver they were probably fucked. True, she was covered in some pretty nasty stuff from whatever it was this was- an illusion, real life, she wasn't psychic- but she wasn't too keen on dying here. Even less keen on running, getting tired, and THEN dying.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

With Rose raising her friends and lowering the fire, Kenny and Carter get by it and attack the man. However, Kenny's punch goes through the man and he dissipates.

Another illusion.

Carter makes the corner and sees the two, no longer running, standing ten feet away. The shorter one, the pyromancer, sends out a leash of fire towards Carter, attempting to wrap him up and burn him while the other one, taller and gaunter, casts an illusion on Kenny and makes him see only darkness.
    And around the corner, Carter found himself face to face with the illusionist. And he had a friend, the guy who set the flames at him and Kenny. The first one seemed to be concentrating on Kenny, which left fire boy with him.

Nice.

From experience, fire hurt. A lot. He would do well to avoid it.

He rolled out of the way of the leash and stole a glance at the ceiling. If he was right, there should have been a sprinkler system in case a fire broke out in the resort.

Another illusion.

Slowed down by the earlier blast-back, Flip had not yet caught up to Carter, Kenny and Rose but could see the fight up ahead as he glances the corner, just avoiding the flames.

With his back against the wall, hands against it, Flip closes his eyes and psychically traces out the electrical wiring. Finding the right spot where the pyromancer and the illusionist are standing, he 'glitches' the system causing the walls and ceiling to explode around them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Kenny I s at the team work as he launches two tentacles to catapult himself full speed to smaller man with a enrichened fist for punching. Aimee ng for the face/neck.
    "Good thinking Kenny!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Thanks," he called out to Rose. He planted his feet on the jamb of a nearby door, then propelled himself toward the men.
    "Happy to help!"

Another illusion.

Rose caught up to them and pressed her back against the wall as she edged herself closer and then she jumped back as the flames rushed out of the room. Rose then levitated herself into the air and once the flames died down, she slowly flew towards the room, grabbed the doorway, pulled herself in and reached out with her gravity powers to pin down the two runners.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator