View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

46 23.35%
  • Catman

6 3.05%
  • Harley Quinn

7 3.55%
  • Catwoman

9 4.57%
  • Pied Piper

11 5.58%
  • Poison Ivy

9 4.57%
  • Midnighter

53 26.90%
  • Constantine

15 7.61%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.51%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.51%
  • Renee Montoya

16 8.12%
  • Bunker

7 3.55%
  • Obsidian

8 4.06%
  • Alan Scott

4 2.03%
  • Other (not listed)

4 2.03%
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    We saw Kasia with Diana in the second issue of the new Wondy book.

Constantine had a flashback to a M/F/M threesome he was part of in the Lemire series, iirc, and had a male love interest for the entirety of the Tynion/Doyle series. DC could be doing better by their Big Name Bisexuals, sure, but things are a bit better than they were a few years back.
    Ah neat. Having read the Wonderwoman book as it was printed twice a month I never realized that was Kasia/the woman Diana was with. Neat! I thought we hadn't seen her yet. (I'm guessing it'll be more obvious to me if I read it in the trade)

Good to hear on Constantine as well. I remember reading a bunch of threads about his sexuality with a constant issue made about that he rarely had male love interests. But I don't know the characters history so well so I couldn't really speak on it.

And yeah I think as a whole LGBT representation is better than it's been for a long time. Though there's not all that many LGBT characters of color so much as of late I think. Especially since Rebirth's start.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Looks like Midnighter and Apollo will be showing up in the new Wildstorm universe. Eventually.

I'm very curious about this. For one thing, it won't negate anything Orlando has been doing with the pair. And it'll be Ellis writing the characters he created again after a couple of decades away. This could be interesting.
    Also worth noting that IO head Miles Craven appears to be gay in The Wild Storm continuity.

Veteran Member

Somewhat of a borderline case but Olympian appeared briefly on Powerless.

From the looks of it he's likely a mix of the two comics Olympians IE Aristedis (particularly as Global Guardians character like Crimson Fox have already appeared) and Warkiller/Achilles who was gay (whose design he seems to be closer to).

Powerless Olympian.jpg

Veteran Member

OK it seems Bombshells has just established two more LGBT characters in one of its digital first stories, so alas not in issues yet. Look below for the answer.

Supergirl and Lois Lane/ Eloisa Lane

Veteran Member

Bombshells in particular I'm wondering when we'll see how Barda and Doctor Light met. As far as character parings go they're a bit of an oddity to see paired up even though they were both on the JLA together in the 90's I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    OK it seems Bombshells has just established two more LGBT characters in one of its digital first stories, so alas not in issues yet. Look below for the answer.

Supergirl and Lois Lane/ Eloisa Lane
    Oh neat.

In terms of the main universe, I'm really hoping when Bart Allen returns, he's pansexual. Given his upbringing, I think it'd make complete sense, and plus, I've always related to him, and this would be one more thing we'd have in common.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Oh neat.

In terms of the main universe, I'm really hoping when Bart Allen returns, he's pansexual. Given his upbringing, I think it'd make complete sense, and plus, I've always related to him, and this would be one more thing we'd have in common.
    I've always tended to view him as ace myself. Though he can be both. But neat to hear you see yourself in him.

Newbie Member

Midnighter is the only one I've had a decent amount of exposure to. What I liked about him in Orlando's run was just how genuinely gay he was. His sexuality radiates out of him when it would with any real person; when he's flirting, when he's on dating apps, when he's picking up guys, etc. A lot of writers try to show it through stereotypes, or just give them a same-sex partner to show it and otherwise never show any evidence of sexuality.

I dunno if what I said makes any sense but I just think it's quite refreshing to have a writer focus on his actual sexuality and not just external indicators of sexuality.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Midnighter is the only one I've had a decent amount of exposure to. What I liked about him in Orlando's run was just how genuinely gay he was. His sexuality radiates out of him when it would with any real person; when he's flirting, when he's on dating apps, when he's picking up guys, etc. A lot of writers try to show it through stereotypes, or just give them a same-sex partner to show it and otherwise never show any evidence of sexuality.

I dunno if what I said makes any sense but I just think it's quite refreshing to have a writer focus on his actual sexuality and not just external indicators of sexuality.
    Yeah, I think I get what ya mean. He's not really anywhere on my radar but what I've seen of Midnighter and Apollo in the previous books like Stormwatch/the Authority they were both very out and proud of themselves and just unabashed of their love. It was quite endearing.

Veteran Member

I know it's highly unlikely to happen but for a while I've liked the idea of Traci 13 being bisexual.

She's currently dating Natasha Irons which in theory means she and Jaime were never a couple.

But it'd make for a really easy way of fitting both in by saying Traci's bisexual.

And I've thought it a while and said it elsewhere but I'd LOVE to see the three as a kind of odd couple romance, almost a poly relationship IE Jaime and Natasha both love Traci. Traci loves both of them. But Natasha and Jaime aren't into one another but are still friends with one another.

Veteran Member

Hmm. Somewhat unlikely but the recent JLA story has Dreamslayer and Ray getting along somewhat. Part of me wonders if it's meant to insinuate he like Ray might be gay as well as the story between the two is trying to establish parallels with them. Granted at least one version of Dreamslayer had some out of the box thinking so it'd be possible, and somewhat amusing if Dreamslayer was gay and despite being demonic looking is the "nicest" of the Extremists.

But regardless it was a nice showing for Ray.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-30-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Do you think now that a batgirl movie has been announced we might get to see Alysia Yeoh? Joss was ahead of the curve when he introduced a lesbian character in Buffy the vampire slayer so if anyone can, he will
    Last edited by Silvermoth; 03-31-2017 at 03:08 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Do you think now that a batgirl movie has been announced we might get to see Alysia Yeoh? Joss was ahead of the curve when he introduced a lesbian character in Buffy the vampire slayer so if anyone can, he will
    Well the movie he's working on will supposedly adapt Gail Simone's Batgirl run so one can hope. Whether we can really give Whedon the credit for using Alysia will be debateable as if he didn't he'd be ignoring one of the characters lots of fans loved about said run.

Veteran Member

Alright. Figure some folks here might know. I've heard Black Canary may be bisexual? Does anyone know where that was said or implied?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Alright. Figure some folks here might know. I've heard Black Canary may be bisexual? Does anyone know where that was said or implied?
    Gail Simone wrote a line for her in an issue of Birds of Prey that went something like "I'm 75% heterosexual," but it got bungled into something else and didn't see print. So it's technically not "official", but that was the intent.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)