Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How powerful would Gohan be if he were fully Saiyajin?

Gohan seems to have the biggest power spikes in the whole of the series. And he is only a half-blooded Saiyajin. That begs the question, how much more powerful would he be, if he were a full-blooded Saiyajin?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Gohan's mixed race is meant to be one of the things that makes him mad strong though, right?

Isn't that a thing? Am I crazy? Did I make that up?

Goten is mad strong because he was born after Goku achieved Super Sayain so he could just do it. Gohan still got it at like... half Goku's age and got to SSJ2 first.

Heck, Mystic Gohan remains arguably the strongest of the Z Fighters outside of fusions, God Ki notwithstanding.

I don't know if he'd be any stronger.

I agree with Nik. From what I heard, Gohan was intended to be Mad-Powerful mainly because he was Part Human and Part Sayjin. That kind of got messed up when the Mangaka listened to his readers wanting more of Goku, so Goku ended up getting most of the powerups originally intended for Gohan.

At least, that's what I read someplace.
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Gohan's mixed race is meant to be one of the things that makes him mad strong though, right?

No, you didn't.

It is never explicitly confirmed, but Vegeta and Nappa do theorize that the reason why Gohan had such a high power level despite being so young is that mixing their blood with humans results in powerful hybrids. Nappa even considers the idea of using the Earthlings to rebuild the Saiyan race. Vegeta shoots him down because "Do you want to create people stronger than us?"

Goten is mad strong because he was born after Goku achieved Super Sayain so he could just do it. Gohan still got it at like... half Goku's age and got to SSJ2 first.

Heck, Mystic Gohan remains arguably the strongest of the Z Fighters outside of fusions, God Ki notwithstanding.

I don't know if he'd be any stronger.
    I know I've heard that also, a long time ago.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

- Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

Yeah, I think it was established early after the fight with Raditz, as Vegeta and Nappa were pretty impressed at what they heard about Gohan (for a boy who had no training at the time able to hurt Raditz and what not) and summed up that it must be Gohan's part human part saiyan blood that contribute to that. Course, then Nappa suggests maybe repopulating their race or something but Vegeta went like Hell no on that. That was the only instance of that being brought up in the manga.

Veteran Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The Goten theory is pure fanon, though.

It makes sense, but it was never actually addressed in the manga at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

Except for the part of him and Trunks going SS at so young an age, so easily, that even Gohan was shocked by it. Implied, but not addressed.
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

Goten and Trunks are both insanely strong for their age for no real reason. Both got Super Sayain for free and both, by series end, are at like the level where First Form Frieza is considered a fun distraction for them. That is not normal at all.

By the time they get to Goku's age, especially if they have his work ethic, they should be utterly insane.

Makes me wonder what would happen if Vegeta or Goku sired a child post god upgrade.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Goten and Trunks are both insanely strong for their age for no real reason. Both got Super Sayain for free and both, by series end, are at like the level where First Form Frieza is considered a fun distraction for them. That is not normal at all.

By the time they get to Goku's age, especially if they have his work ethic, they should be utterly insane.
    From what I'd heard, I'm pretty sure Toryama did that on purpose as a "fuck you" to his own work or fans or whoever, since by that point he wanted to quit DBZ, but his publishers were forcing him along. Remember, DBZ was supposed to end after Freeza. By the Buu Saga, he was just throwing goofy shit in for the hell of it, hence the silliness of all the sudden power ups. And the fans loved all the new power ups anyway.

Of course, there's a fan theory that both kids inherited higher power levels from the fact that their fathers were at or near Super Saiyan levels when conceived. Not sure if that was ever addressed in canon.

I think Goten and Trunk sorta made sense because unlike Gohan, who had to train due to circumstances beyond his control (seeing how before he was kidnapped and then forcibly recruited to fight the saiyans he was simply just a kid with a load of power he never trained to use), those two pretty much got a sorta head start with the training from the looks of things till the Buu Saga made it clear those two kids are ridiculously strong.

The super saiyan part? Eh, you got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree with Nik. From what I heard, Gohan was intended to be Mad-Powerful mainly because he was Part Human and Part Sayjin. That kind of got messed up when the Mangaka listened to his readers wanting more of Goku, so Goku ended up getting most of the powerups originally intended for Gohan.

At least, that's what I read someplace.
    Even now, Gohan is still recognized as having the most potential power out of all every Z fighter, even with SS God ki introduced. This was addressed in the Dragon Ball Super manga when Vegeta suggested that Gohan be a participant for Beerus' team along with him, Goku, Piccolo and Mr.Buu because he was the strongest among them, but Goku shot that idea because Gohan was too busy with his family and job.
    Tsubaki: Noel, get ready for tomorrow tonight.

Noel: Why? What're we doing tomorrow night?

Tsubaki: The same thing we do every night---try to get Jin in my pants!

Noel:Ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Makes me wonder what would happen if Vegeta or Goku sired a child post god upgrade.
    Bra hasn't been born yet, so it looks like we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Even now, Gohan is still recognized as having the most potential power out of all every Z fighter, even with SS God ki introduced. This was addressed in the Dragon Ball Super manga when Vegeta suggested that Gohan be a participant for Beerus' team along with him, Goku, Piccolo and Mr.Buu because he was the strongest among them, but Goku shot that idea because Gohan was too busy with his family and job.
    VEGETA gave Gohan respect?

What universe am I in?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".