Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Remender Spins Marvel's Evil "Axis" in October

Rick Remender reveals specific details about his "Axis" event, kicking off in October and starring some of the biggest villains of the Marvel U.

Full article here.

So he revelead the people on the covers are the lead characters? Or is this a live blog?

Hobgoblin? Which one? I thought there was no current Hobgoblin after The Goblin Wars in Superior Spider-Man. Someone new (for Remender to kill)?

It's a pun

While I dropped off of Uncanny Avengers after the last arc (I just stopped caring, honestly) and am not currently reading Remender's stuff, I'll probably catch up before Axis starts, since I know Remender can really make his stories pay off. But even then, this seems like it's just gonna be a 'meh' at best. The Michael Bay thing doesn't help.

Even if I am reading Inhumans, I barely care about Medusa, and she hasn't really done anything of consequence, so I don't know why she's on the promo. But who knows, we still got a few months to go. Or maybe marvel just need to promote the Inhumans.

Oh, and Carnage. Bleh. It kinda feels like Remender's just stuffing a bunch of big villains in, and Carnage's presence doesn't help.

Also, this is a very minor thing, but that font... Ugh.
    Last edited by Will of the Geeks; 06-13-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Looks like Green Goblin's been changed to Hobgoblin.

NINE issues in THREE months? Plus essential tie-ins? Guess it's good I got that decent tax refund. Did publishing incur some major expense that they need a huge cash influx to cover?

Please have Jerome Open a involved somehow.

Oh they totally recolored Green Goblin.
    Last edited by Mundungus; 06-13-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what Remender is capable of doing here with all of these characters, including the Uncanny Avengers. The USAtoday article is a pretty good read with a couple more characters said that aren't in the image.

My one nitpick is something this article said not with what Remender is doing. This is not Red Skulls first appearance since he Uncanny Avengers first arc, he has appeared in a number of stories and is even set to reappear in Captain Americas next story arc starting in issue 22(which is written by Remender himself). So I wouldn't say we haven't seen Red Skull.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Honestly, I'm surprised to see no Spider-man related series tying into this event, especially given if the Green Goblin's involved in this event.

Also, while some of the writers of the titles are good, Remender has a habit of taking too long for a storyline to conclude, so I worry a bit for this event.

Also, here's hoping for more Avengers and X-men veterans coming into the Uncanny Avengers team.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 06-13-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Just like a Michael Bay movie? Oh boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Remember who he was speaking to and where the interview was published.
    It has to sound accessible to the non-comics reading crowd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    It describes Remender stories pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Oh they totally recolored Green Goblin.
    That's what it looks like. I don't ever remember Hobby looking like that.
    Usually he has more of a hood. Not the sock cap Normie wears.
    How about Alex?

BANNED

*Avengers/X-Men event*

*Only has 2 X-Men in it (and one has been exclusively an Avenger for a while)*

if its the older, the Sisterhood comes to play, if its the younger then the masters of evil and the undercover kids get pulled in

I wonder when it says Cap is involved if that means Old man Rogers or the brand new Captain America(whoever that will be).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.