Super Moderator

Default Brian Wood Travels by Night with "Moon Knight"

CBR spoke to incoming writer Brian Wood about taking over Marvel Comics' "Moon Knight," which of Warren Ellis' ideas he plans to build on and more.

Full article here.

Liking what i'm hearing!
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

Genesis of A Nemesis Spear of Bashenga's Avatar

I'm waiting for trade on Ellis' Moon Knight, but people reading the monthlies; Has he brought back the Moon Phase powers? I hate that they took those away and keep hoping someone else will decide to bring them back.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

No moon powers yet.

I like Wood but I hope he and Lowe realize that the key to the Ellis run was his evident understanding of the character. The book has a good direction but just following Ellis alone probably won't cut it

I was interested on Ellis, knowing that Brian Wood is going to write it, I have a lot of doubts that maybe it will make me to stop buying it if finishes not being good.

Thanks for posting this. I'm on the fence. I need to see more art and more of Brian's premise in print. I do like that the Doctor from issue 1 will show up again (there was something 'off' about her), but that's it really.
    Armed and cranky...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    No moon powers yet.

I like Wood but I hope he and Lowe realize that the key to the Ellis run was his evident understanding of the character. The book has a good direction but just following Ellis alone probably won't cut it
    Well not as such but then last issue we have the scene where he asks to be put to sleep. So he is in touch with the god or thinks he is.

Definitely going to be sticking around to give Wood & co a shot.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

BANNED

I hope this title falls somewhere in between Wolverine Alpha and Omega(which is utter trash) and Wood's monthly Star Wars series(which is 'da bomb)

Wood is definitely hit or miss sometimes and I hope he nails this one down.

He sounds like he gets what makes the current run great, I just hope he can accurately replicate it.

I had kind of gotten sour on Moon Knight, truthfully even before the last volumes I was never much of a fan, but Ellis made me one. Especially the bits where the character acts more like a Detective then just another caped badass, although those are nice too.

Kinda bummed that still none of the classic supporting cast will be showing up besides Detective Flint, I was hoping to see Crawley show up sometime.

But still, looking forward to this run. While I haven't been a fan of Wood's latest X-Men work, this sounds like it suits him much better. And Smallwood is fantastic, can't wait to see how he and Bellaire complement each other.

Hmmmm B. Wood might be a bit disappointing on his current run on X-men but what he's saying sounds pretty good. I like that he's fond of the current iteration. I'm just glad that Marvel is continuing to give the book a shot and hope that it pulls in even more readers.

I'll definitely pre-order this. Hopefully I'll like Brian's MK better than Ellis (I don't like the detective schtick at all), but Marc is a favorite character so...
    Armed and cranky...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hmmmm B. Wood might be a bit disappointing on his current run on X-men but what he's saying sounds pretty good. I like that he's fond of the current iteration. I'm just glad that Marvel is continuing to give the book a shot and hope that it pulls in even more readers.
    I wonder if a lot of the problems that came from his run had more to do with editorial, and less to do with the actual vision he had for the series?