Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Isn't some of Jimenez' run divided in Paradise Lost and Paradise Found? I'd love a proper volume, though, I have been hunting several individual issues in comic stores.

Byrne's run is gonna be recollected in May, how does Byrne get a proper recollection before Phil?
    I think you're right. Hmm, that is tough. I guess they would just have to collect it separate (Phil Jimenez run)

Not just a Bryne run, but IN HARDCOVER. I dont mind that. I'll always get WW in HC if available, but boy oh boy, I wish they started the others in HC..what makes Bryne so.special?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It's actually been downgraded to paperback. Which is fine by me; I was gonna pass on it before.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's actually been downgraded to paperback. Which is fine by me; I was gonna pass on it before.
    Well darn. Oh well, at least I can keep my trades in uniform.

Spectacular Member

Was Byrne's WW really downgraded or is it like with Waid's Flash when people looked at Amazon listings which came before actual solicitations and were never updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Was Byrne's WW really downgraded or is it like with Waid's Flash when people looked at Amazon listings which came before actual solicitations and were never updated?
    That's probably closer to the truth.

The "hardcover" was only a skeleton solicit on Amazon, but they did seem to take longer than usual to update their info.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's probably closer to the truth.

The "hardcover" was only a skeleton solicit on Amazon, but they did seem to take longer than usual to update their info.
    So I guess it was never a HC to begin with? I can see that happening. I'm.still glad its being released regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think you're right. Hmm, that is tough. I guess they would just have to collect it separate (Phil Jimenez run)

Not just a Bryne run, but IN HARDCOVER. I dont mind that. I'll always get WW in HC if available, but boy oh boy, I wish they started the others in HC..what makes Bryne so.special?
    I think Paradise Lost covers 164-170 and Paradise Found is (171-177) which leaves more than ten issues out not to mention Paradise Lost is super hard to get, I made the mistake of not buying it when I first saw it and now I can't find it at a reasonable prize.

I was going to pass on Byrne's run, even if he introduced Cassie -who I love- but I'm thinking of getting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I think Paradise Lost covers 164-170 and Paradise Found is (171-177) which leaves more than ten issues out not to mention Paradise Lost is super hard to get, I made the mistake of not buying it when I first saw it and now I can't find it at a reasonable prize.

I was going to pass on Byrne's run, even if he introduced Cassie -who I love- but I'm thinking of getting it now.
    I wonder if they would reprint that as Paradise Lost and Found.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I wonder if they would reprint that as Paradise Lost and Found.
    Paradise Lost has just been reprinted recently as part of the Hachette hardcover partworks.

I bought a cheap copy of it from EBay but my OCD made me get rid cos they reprinted it as one big story with no cover breaks.

Aargh I hate it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Paradise Lost has just been reprinted recently as part of the Hachette hardcover partworks.

I bought a cheap copy of it from EBay but my OCD made me get rid cos they reprinted it as one big story with no cover breaks.

Aargh I hate it!!!
    Cover breaks are totally needed. I have the Vietch Swamp Thing run in trades that do the same, and its annoying to know when one ends and the other begins.

Spectacular Member

I think we didn't understood each other re: Byrne's WW. Old entries on Amazon and catalogue said it was TPB and had first 13 issues. The actual solicitation that came later said it was HC and had first 14 issues. There was nothing later that changed it.

Spectacular Member

Did anyone get Legionnaries Book One?
    I never read that era so I am really excited to dive into the book. Hope they will continue to the next volumes soon

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Did anyone get Legionnaries Book One?
    I never read that era so I am really excited to dive into the book. Hope they will continue to the next volumes soon
    This will be of absolutely no help to you but I have it on order with Amazon who've yet to send it over. But I'm very excited about it as well. I did give it a glance at my local comic book store. The book is nice and thick and the art seemed pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    This will be of absolutely no help to you but I have it on order with Amazon who've yet to send it over. But I'm very excited about it as well. I did give it a glance at my local comic book store. The book is nice and thick and the art seemed pretty good.
    Did you happen to notice the paper stock? Matte or glossy?

My copy is in the mail as well...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    I think we didn't understood each other re: Byrne's WW. Old entries on Amazon and catalogue said it was TPB and had first 13 issues. The actual solicitation that came later said it was HC and had first 14 issues. There was nothing later that changed it.
    So it was formally in TPB, moved to HC. Gotcha.