Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Rookie Member

Very interesting. This makes me a bit more optimistic about Spidey 2017 and MJ's role in the MCU. I don't see them jumping right into romance with these two. However, I could see them using her as Peter's close friend for the first film (similar to Ultimate MJ), which I'd have absolutely no problem with.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-16-2015 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED

So apparently newspaper MJ has never liked web-swinging (motion sickness) but she decides to try it out and let Peter take her across the city with her while wearing her superhero movie outfit, she ends up enjoying it and wonders why she ever disliked it...and then Hobgoblin goes and ambushes the pair of 'em. ROFL.

Alison Scagliotti is actually a year older to Shailene Woodley (24 to Woodley's 23). Dylan O'Brien is also 23.

Assuming the rumor is true that actresses are already trying out for MJ's role, does this mean she will have an appearance in Civil War along with Peter (and very possibly Aunt May)? MJ's presence in the movie as Peter's best friend and love interest would further underline the importance of the secret identity in protecting the loved ones of superheroes.

Skottie Young cover for Renew Your Vows #1.

BANNED

Adorbs

Regardless of what RYV lumps us with, the full-on Peter/MJ focus from the creative pool is more than welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I'm in awe every time I see it, but it bugs me that MJ never wore a headband like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I'm in awe every time I see it, but it bugs me that MJ never wore a headband like that.
    That's not exactly true.

Rookie Member

So cute!

That's not exactly true.

Both instances (of MJ wearing the headband and green jacket/sweater) were meant to be nods to Gwen Stacy since both of those versions of MJ were partly influenced by 616 Gwen (and/or supplanted Gwen as first love).
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 03-18-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Both instances (of MJ wearing the headband and green jacket/sweater) were meant to be nods to Gwen Stacy since both of those versions of MJ were partly influenced by 616 Gwen (and/or supplanted Gwen as first love).
    I was just pointing out that we've seen MJ wearing a headband. Whether it was inspired by Gwen or not (and in some cases, it definitely was) is irrelevant. It's totally cool that Young wanted to give MJ a headband for his RYV cover.

Rookie Member

I was just pointing out that we've seen MJ wearing a headband. Whether it was inspired by Gwen or not (and in some cases, it definitely was) is irrelevant. It's totally cool that Young wanted to give MJ a headband for his RYV cover.
    Just making an observation about those specific examples. The headband is definitely an accessory more associated with Gwen, but I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong in depicting Mary Jane wearing one (unless it's meant to symbolize Peter and MJ's doomed fate after RYV. )

Another Secret Wars tie-in brings back Spider-Island. While the interview doesn't speak much about her, MJ is rather prominent on the initial promotional image for the event.

SI will also house the MC2 tie-in. So MC2's Mom-MJ will appear there.

Don't get me wrong, while I'm really, really, REALLY grateful we get three versions of MJ playing substantial roles in SW, it's just odd that the original 616 is nowhere to be seen in what will probably be the last issues of the book set in this universe, where she spent close to 50 years of publishing history in. I mean, this is Marvel's most prominent love interest and arguably most prominent supporting character. For that reason, I hope we get a chance to bid 616 MJ farewell by seeing her one last time in ASM before the world comes crashing down.