Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The simplest reason being that they are no longer in control of their love or their reality per the deal. Other forces are. And it will manipulate them to their ends. Treating their attraction to each other like a cosmic yo-yo. Writers for and against the pair can take advantage of this.

I've never bought into Quesada's insistence on things being no different than when they were married, especially given their years of shared history. If Peter and MJ were the same as they'd always been they would never have broken up at all beyond that one seperation scare they had years back which they both resolved and became far stronger because of. OMD established the pair sacrificed their "unconditional love made holy" to save May. In my interpretation of events as they presently are in the Mephistoverse, Peter and MJ will remain consistently on/off because their unconditional love is being used to keep May alive and thus their devotion to each other is not as strong as it was. They are still capable of being together and show occasional bursts of strength (the part of their souls that remembers the original reality and their marraige), but will always have an underlining demon-dominant weakness that drives them apart and causes them to give up far too easily on each other, (the fear from those parts of the souls that if everything goes too perfect, the Mephistoverse will end and May will be lost to them), which can lead to stories in favor of them or against them for as long as creative wish to keep the current paradigm in place.
    Quesada will not be the head of Marvel forever. Once he and the people who created OMD are finally gone from Marvel, there might be a new creative team that will bring them back together. But it would be another decade or so before we see that day happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Quesada will not be the head of Marvel forever. Once he and the people who created OMD are finally gone from Marvel, there might be a new creative team that will bring them back together. But it would be another decade or so before we see that day happen
    Maybe I also should have added "for as long as creative hang around" at that last part...that said, there is no telling if the people in charge afterwards will bring Peter and MJ back together or not, I was merely suggesting ways in which they could theoretically continue playing the Ross/Rachel game with the two with some kind of meta in-story explanation, possibly one the audience, Deadpool, and your favourite Jennifer Walters would be aware of factoring in the fourth wall (and remember, Spider-Woman also thought Peter was married after returning from Skrull captivity, they never followed up on that)

However, keep in mind that thanks to the dailys the marraige has'nt really went anywhere even with the current lot in charge.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 09-15-2014 at 12:56 PM.

I like Mary Jane, always annoyed me though that Spider-Man never found Mary Jane in the old cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    I like Mary Jane, always annoyed me though that Spider-Man never found Mary Jane in the old cartoon.
    The producer of the show should not have created that storyline to begin with. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    There were plans in the following season to have her found (and the Carnage symbiote would have returned), but the series was axed once it hit the 65-episode mark.

Three posts have been deleted since it featured a page from a future issue of Ultimate.

That said, the event in question was presumably a flashback and the big reveal came in the cliffhanger of the last published issue.

I'm not sure how you guys want to handle that kind of stuff in an appreciation thread.

If Mary Jane does something really cool in the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man or whatever title which constitutes a surprise moment, is it fair game for this thread even if some readers might be waiting for the trade?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys want to handle that kind of stuff in an appreciation thread.

If Mary Jane does something really cool in the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man or whatever title which constitutes a surprise moment, is it fair game for this thread even if some readers might be waiting for the trade?
    We shouldn't post preview pages or anything upcoming work in this thread, but anything after it's been released should be fair game. We should make sure we don't post anything that can ruin any upcoming issues.

spidey.jpg
    spidey2.jpg
    These were probably the only few times they showed Peter and MJ in bed without it leading to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    spidey.jpg
    spidey2.jpg
    These were probably the only few times they showed Peter and MJ in bed without it leading to anything.
    LOL. Both are funny. But there have been plenty of times where it didn't suggestively lead to anything in bed with them. Many times it just shows them talking in bed before going to sleep, or waking up in the morning and chatting. The bedroom wasn't merely a plot device for suggesting sexual themes.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 10-05-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Science lessons, Parker style:

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LOL. Both are funny. But there have been plenty of times where it didn't suggestively lead to anything in bed with them. Many times it just shows them talking in bed before going to sleep, or waking up in the morning and chatting. The bedroom wasn't merely a plot device for suggesting sexual themes.
    Early on maybe, but theres literally a point where for several issues you have Peter coming home from a fight a goes into MJ's arms, then the next scene is him waking up in bed next to her. There were a lot of times were MJ's role was just so Peter could find comfort physically, but still struggle mentally. They stopped doing that by the early 2000s, which is how we got those scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Early on maybe, but theres literally a point where for several issues you have Peter coming home from a fight a goes into MJ's arms, then the next scene is him waking up in bed next to her. There were a lot of times were MJ's role was just so Peter could find comfort physically, but still struggle mentally. They stopped doing that by the early 2000s, which is how we got those scenes.
    I know what you are refering to. It happened a few times in the early 90s. But the period after the clone saga had them talking in bed, waking up having nightmares, talking about his problems, MJ"s problems, etc... Chock full of conversation and reflection moments on both of their lives, it was mostly thoughts and dailogue about struggles, as opposed to physical comfort.

Just grabbing some examples:

Last edited by Vortex85; 10-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.

They even managed one of those in the first "Mr and Mrs Spider-Man" strip where baby May is in bed with them. Pretty short scene but just as touching

u.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg

Couple of MJ pictures from the Spider-Man Unlimited Game. I really like the callback to Lobster Man.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aruran.; 10-08-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Awesome easter eggs there. Doubly humorous is that MJ represents the "energy" tip
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-09-2014 at 12:44 AM.