Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SENYC: Marvel's Next Big Thing

Tom Brevoort and company introduce a new Marvel editor, new details on "AXIS" and more in a wide-ranging discussion on "Avengers," "Spider-Man 2099," "Hawkeye" and more.

Full article here.

Squirrel Girl vs. Hercules would be amazing. I would definitely buy that.

I would say that Gillen is definitely on a Star Wars title.

I was expecting to hear more on Time Runs Out
    Superman should get top billing in his f***ing sequel.

Does anyone know what ever happened to Ares's son, the God of Fear, whose name unfortunately escapes me this moment? Man, I miss all the Hercules and all the Greek Gods of Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Does anyone know what ever happened to Ares's son, the God of Fear, whose name unfortunately escapes me this moment? Man, I miss all the Hercules and all the Greek Gods of Olympus.
    Phobos. I think he got killed off in Hickman's Secret Warriors. One of the other SWs was a double agent and got him killed. Then Nick Fury Sr. figured out the betrayer and threw him down a bottomless hole. I may be misremembering though.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

Although I am disappointed that Opena is not doing art for Axis, Kurbert, Yu, Dodson and Cheung are excellent choices. I hope that the way the art duties are split that it will mesh well; their styles are quite different (especially Dodson). I am very glad that Rememder is not done yet with Uncanny Avengers after Axis since I really like that series so far.
    UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine Low TerminalHero

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I was too. Yes it's early, but still something.

Glad to hear that they are promoting X-Factor as the book featuring Gambit and Quicksilver. As much press as those two characters have been getting lately, it's smart on Marvel's part. (plus it's just an amazing book). I'm surprised that no one's commented on the Scarlet Witch's appearance yet either.

My guess is that the new X-crossover event will be announced at Comic Con next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Phobos. I think he got killed off in Hickman's Secret Warriors. One of the other SWs was a double agent and got him killed. Then Nick Fury Sr. figured out the betrayer and threw him down a bottomless hole. I may be misremembering though.
    That's the gist of things (I'm pretty sure it was Gorgon that did the killing) though in the end he was reunited with Ares after the Sentry indecent but I can't remember in which title that happened.

I have been away from comics most of the year because of school so someone may be able to provide any pertinent updates on the character.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    New York comic con is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Yup there is a nice scene where he meets Ares in the after life. Ares asks him if he did his best and that is all he could ever ask. They are in a peaceful field looking out at the sunset.

I'm already on board with AXIS. I'm tired of these events that pit heroes against one another. I'm ready for just a classic good vs. evil brawl and given Remender's ability to tell big stories, I'm sold. But I would also really like to see a Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel story at some point. I know Ms. Marvel's origin story isn't done being told yet, but at some point I would really like to see them interact. It can only make Kamala more lovable and Carol Danvers more awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

So... The tie ins are the books Im already pulling, well except for Loki, but Id say this even was almost custom crafted for my tastes
    Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Lazarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|EW|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO Manowar
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force