Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Given how she was written in Siege my money is on Magik being the other gay character.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Good interview!! And yay!!! He loves Jubilee and might possibly use her in the book!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The other gay character is Anole. Just do the math.
    I think you're right on this. I think Bobby is going to be paired with Anole...

Nice cover, looks like weird world.

One might say Storm and Arkon pairing might be revisited. TAS did it.

Veteran Member

The other gay character? Well, not to dampen hopes, but Lamire did list the characters he has plans for or wants to write at some point at the end of the interview. And Anole was among them, so my guess is that we'll see more of Anole

still not crazy about Colossus with a beard. just looks odd.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I'm really disappointed about Iceman. While I knew it was unlikely given the current state of LGBT representation, I was really hoping that adult Iceman was not gay (or at least didn't think he was gay). I think it would be an interesting opportunity to explore the notion of choice or lack there of when it comes to homosexuality. While I don't think that you can choose to be attracted to the same sex, I do think you can choose whether to act on those feelings. I think it would be natural in Iceman's unique situation living his whole life as a heterosexual then his past self says "no man, you were actually gay the whole time.", for him to initially rail against it. Whether he comes to terms with it later on is part of his development.

I just didn't want it to be so cut and dry as teen Iceman showing up and saying "So... turns out I'm gay." and adult Iceman going "Huh, then I must be gay too." But that's what looks like is going to happen.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I've tried a few times to get into X-Men, the last being Bendis' All-New X-Men and I stopped after vol3, can't really remember why though. I like Colossus and it sounds like he might have a decent part to play in this, hopefully he does and I can look forward to the first vol.
    TRADE WAITING
    Pre- Rebirth DC: Aquaman, Gotham Academy, Grayson, Justice League, Midnighter, Robin: Son Of Batman
    Pre- All Newer All More Different MARVEL: All-New Inhumans, Darth Vader, Squadron Supreme, Star Wars, Uncanny Inhumans, Uncanny X-Men
    ARCHAIA: Lantern City DYNAMITE: James Bond 007 IMAGE: Velvet ​TITAN: Assassin's Creed VALIANT: Ninjak

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    still not crazy about Colossus with a beard. just looks odd.
    Why don't you like happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Wasn't the Ultimate Universe version of Colossus gay?
    Yeeeeeeeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Illyana? I could see it. Colossus is in a relationship with Domino.
    It's probably Illyana, but don't rule Piotr out. We don't even know Neena's status at the moment, and the new Marvel U is supposed to be a mashup of 616 and the Ultimate Universe... where Piotr was gay.

And I'm really hoping that Cable is one of the characters showing up, but I doubt it. More likely he's just one that Lemire would like to get around to at some point.

Loving the big plans for Old Man Logan, but damn Ramos makes him look old! McNiven's version didn't look that damn old. His version was actually still pretty jacked and just looked like Wolverine with short gray hair. Ramos makes dude look really ancient. He ought to tone down the wrinkles a tad IMO. Even with his healing factor not being what it used to be, he shouldn't have aged that much in fifty years! He was over 100 to begin with, so another fifty ought to be the difference between looking 40 and looking 50 to him. At least as I see it.
    I hope he gets around to using them all in some capacity or another-- as for Logan's aging, don't blame Ramos. Wasn't he that old looking in the original OML?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Uhm, I think we've already seen Glob and Ernst in previews, so that leaves us with Jubilee, Boom Boom, Sunfire, Captain Britain, Meggan, Anole, Emma Frost, Jamie Madrox, Cable, Kitty Pryde, Warpath.
    I think Jubilee will be a part of the regular cast like Forge. If Emma was mentioned, he at least has plans for her. She's too big a character for them to just toss in limbo without a plan for her. I could also see Warpath joining, but maybe he's part of plans involving Cable and Boom Boom as well?
    I don't see Kitty appearing so soon because she's with the Guardians, but a guest appearance sometime in the future is a no-brainer. I could also see Captain Britain and Meggan as guest stars.
    The biggest question marks for me are Madrox and Sunfire. Maybe Sunfire will be outed as gay and be the other gay character on the team? Probably not, but who knows. Oh, forget that, just saw I missed Anole. That's probably him.
    I don't think it's going to be Anole-- mainly if Bobby and this character are going to be paired up with one another? Because older Iceman and Anole would be pedophilia, and I doubt they'll go with that. HOWEVER. If the Bobby that's getting an LI is the one in ANXM...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    I've tried a few times to get into X-Men, the last being Bendis' All-New X-Men and I stopped after vol3, can't really remember why though. I like Colossus and it sounds like he might have a decent part to play in this, hopefully he does and I can look forward to the first vol.
    Lemire's favorite dynamic is apparently Magik and Piotr. So.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    So 616 Robert Drake is not the only gay character in the book? Interesting. Drake and Old Man Logan. Or is he talking about Storm?

I
    Old man Logan isn't gay!

Yeah, isn't Anole a teenager? And Bobby is like what- late twenties/early thirties? I actually hope it's Illyana, there aren't a lot of openly lesbian characters in the MU. I could also see Piotr being gay if it really is a "mash up" of the 616 Piotr and Ultimate U Piotr.
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 10-06-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The other gay character is Anole. Just do the math.
    This.

Also, I'm a tad confused. Is it Marvel books general timeline > 8 month gap (Time Runs Out) > SECRET WARS > 8 more month gap > ANAD Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyX View Post
    This.

Also, I'm a tad confused. Is it Marvel books general timeline > 8 month gap (Time Runs Out) > SECRET WARS > 8 more month gap > ANAD Marvel
    SW doesn't count towards the timeline after it's done, I believe. So it's more like Time Runs Out > Incursion? > Eight Months Later

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Yeah, isn't Anole a teenager? And Bobby is like what- late twenties/early thirties? I actually hope it's Illyana, there aren't a lot of openly lesbian characters these days in the MU. I could also see Piotr being gay if it really is a "mash up" of the 616 Piotr and Ultimate U Piotr.
    Bobby's like 27 or 28, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyX View Post

That seems to be the case