Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Box Office: "Days of Future Past" Crosses the $200 Million Mark in North America

As "22 Jump Street" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2" battle for the top spot at the box office, the latest "X-Men" film becomes one of three 2014 films to pass $200 million domestically.

Full article here.

Keep on truckin' DoFP! Great movie deserves every dime it's making. I hope tag it's continued collection of money will persuade fox to keep Singer at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Keep on truckin' DoFP! Great movie deserves every dime it's making. I hope tag it's continued collection of money will persuade fox to keep Singer at the helm.
    It's good to hear that he will be doing another X-Film after this. Keep on improving the quality of the X-Series Singer

YoungThanos posting about how this is likely to doom entire X-Men franchise and Fox in 3..2...1...

I have not seen X-Men Days of Future Past. So the North American box office will at least be $200,000,008 when I get around to it. . I am hoping that Singer stays on for 'Apocalypse.' I'm about done with Nolan and his protege Vaughn. They know very little of storytelling and pacing but they're light years ahead in terms of synchonizing music and cinematography to make everything appear epic. It's the directing equivalent of the flashy art craze in the early 90s. Cue firestorm against me in 3...2...1...

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    I have not seen X-Men Days of Future Past. So the North American box office will at least be $200,000,008 when I get around to it. . I am hoping that Singer stays on for 'Apocalypse.' I'm about done with Nolan and his protege Vaughn. They know very little of storytelling and pacing but they're light years ahead in terms of synchonizing music and cinematography to make everything appear epic. It's the directing equivalent of the flashy art craze in the early 90s. Cue firestorm against me in 3...2...1...
    Are you talking about Matthew Vaughn? I thought Kick Ass and First Class were pretty good. The Secret Service looks like fun.

Also, good on DoFP for making it across $200 million. It's a great movie.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Are you talking about Matthew Vaughn? I thought Kick Ass and First Class were pretty good. The Secret Service looks like fun.

Also, good on DoFP for making it across $200 million. It's a great movie.
    Vaughn brought the X-Films back to top quality when people were still jaded over the films quality since Last Stand. And Nolan removed the stench that was Batman & Robin and made the Batman Franchise refreshing

And I agree that DOFP deserves every cent it's making.

100% Behind New CBR ! SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    YoungThanos posting about how this is likely to doom entire X-Men franchise and Fox in 3..2...1...
    I think he finally tossed the towel in on that. Between this film and the last X-Men related one (Wolverine) doing $414+ million on a cheaper budget than the last film so things were looking up. Fox would be crazy as hell to ever turn loose of the X-Men . I think even Marvel knows they won't.
    SuperE believes in this....he believes in this place . He also believes in the peace and harmony . Lionel Ritchie taught me how to love again.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think he finally tossed the towel in on that. Between this film and the last X-Men related one (Wolverine) doing $414+ million on a cheaper budget than the last film so things were looking up. Fox would be crazy as hell to ever turn loose of the X-Men . I think even Marvel knows they won't.
    That and the film quality has been improving since First Class

I didn't say Nolan or Vaughn were bad directors. I mean, of Nolan's 8 movies listed on Rotten Tomatoes, none has scored less than 76% positive. Even arguably the greatest director of all-time, James Cameron, can't match that claim.

I was saying, in my estimation, that they do it with smoke and mirrors as opposed to meaningful content. Namely, they know the exact way to switch camera angles and cue music to excite the audience. But if you broke down individual parts of their movie, they're not especially good. Examples from Dark Knight: During the fight between Batman and Bane underground, they're winding up so much before a punch that my grandma could literally dodge their attacks. The scene where the gov't agents come to Gotham and get killed a couple minutes later, it's just incredibly poorly paced. And then Bane hangs the 3 of them by a helicopter so everyone in Gotham can see. Except, no one knows who they were because they were secret agents, so it makes literally no sense. And the idea of hanging 3 guys is just ridiculous overkill since they hung one guy in Dark Knight they had to top it. Then when Batman lights the bridge on fire with his symbol, there's literally no setup. It's like a splash page in a 90s comic. Which is what inspired the reference in my previous message. I didn't think the final battle scene in '1st class' was very well choreographed. But again, with the proper cinematography and music you can make anything appear epic. I caught on to the trick. It's kind of like after I realized professional wrestling was fake

I didn't say Nolan or Vaughn were bad directors. I mean, of Nolan's 8 movies listed on Rotten Tomatoes, none has scored less than 76% positive. Even arguably the greatest director of all-time, James Cameron, can't match that claim.

I was saying, in my estimation, that they do it with smoke and mirrors as opposed to meaningful content. Namely, they know the exact way to switch camera angles and cue music to excite the audience. But if you broke down individual parts of their movie, they're not especially good. Examples from Dark Knight: During the fight between Batman and Bane underground, they're winding up so much before a punch that my grandma could literally dodge their attacks. The scene where the gov't agents come to Gotham and get killed a couple minutes later, it's just incredibly poorly paced. And then Bane hangs the 3 of them by a helicopter so everyone in Gotham can see. Except, no one knows who they were because they were secret agents, so it makes literally no sense. And the idea of hanging 3 guys is just ridiculous overkill since they hung one guy in Dark Knight they had to top it. Then when Batman lights the bridge on fire with his symbol, there's literally no setup. It's like a splash page in a 90s comic. Which is what inspired the reference in my previous message. I didn't think the final battle scene in '1st class' was very well choreographed. But again, with the proper cinematography and music you can make anything appear epic. I caught on to the trick. It's kind of like after I realized professional wrestling was fake
    Well see, I'm not a Nolan fanboy by any means, so you're not going to get any argument from me as to whether I think he deserves all the praise. I do like how he frames a shot, but I find him to be utterly pretentious. I thought Memento was ok, Batman Begins sucked after the first two acts, I started feeling sleepy throughout the Prestige, Dark Knight had really poor editing and was incredibly ham-fisted after you get past Heath Ledger's Joker, Dark Knight Rises was a boring ass movie that for some reason everyone finds to be the most epic of movies. So if you've got something bad to say about Nolan, you won't get any arguments from me.

Vaughn, on the other hand, I haven't seen enough of his movies to judge. If there were faults with X-Men: First Class, I'm blind to it because I love the X-Men I've seen Kick Ass once and I won't be seeing it again. It was a one-and-done movie for me.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Good I saw this film twice and it is the kind of superflick I like. It is a 100 gorillion times better than the MCU garbage.

Soon DC and Fox will merge their universes together and destroy the inferiors.
    It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.

RIP America, 1776-2014: Canada has won!! Surrender Yankees!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Good I saw this film twice and it is the kind of superflick I like. It is a 100 gorillion times better than the MCU garbage.

Soon DC and Fox will merge their universes together and destroy the inferiors.
    Did a magical pony just bash Avengers? Don't make me go on a rant about the directing in that Saturday morning cartoon

Did a magical pony just bash Avengers? Don't make me go on a rant about the directing in that Saturday morning cartoon
    How can one rant about that which is perfect?
    It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.

RIP America, 1776-2014: Canada has won!! Surrender Yankees!!

Introducing America to shawarma does not a perfect movie make.