Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 325
  1. #301
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Eh, what push ?.

    And they wont cancelled them right away (specially these days) because it would prove that they hate FOX.
    No, it won't. If Marvel want to cancel a book (for whatever reason), they'll do it. Fox don't own FF, Marvel/Disney does.

    Fantastic Four wasn't Marvel's lowest selling book but they still cancelled it. Although, I'm 100% sure that FF will come back, contrary to some assertions here, Marvel have cancelled high profile books like Thor and/or replaced major ones like Hulk for extended periods when they want to re-tool them. I don't think it's any different with FF.

    As per push, putting good talent, several variant covers for first issues and tailoring a major crossover (that's coinciding with the movie) does seem that X-men is still very important to the publishing arm.

  2. #302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - "Days/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix": Should barely even count. Those are "Hallmark" runs.
    The challenge was to name great runs from the pre-2000s era. Counts just fine. And in fact is still one of Marvel's iconic runs.

    - First time around with Genosha: You really need to go back and reread that. It's ok when your seventeen. It does not hold up.
    Nope. Holds up just fine. First time we saw truly organized and effective anti-mutant activity that posed an existential threat to mutants as a species/society.

    - The "Blue and Gold" days: Name one truly great arc from then.
    Mutant Genesis, Shiva Scenario, Death of Hellfire, Fatal Attractions.

    Just off the top of my head.

    - That era of X-Factor: maybe one truly great issue.
    PAD is still the standard against which X-Factor writers are judged. You don't achieve "benchmark" status if you're anything less than exellence.

    Plenty of recent things since Joe Q. took over that are just as good as any of that. One thing that easily trumps all of that except maybe "Days/Phoenix".
    the Jemas and now Joey administrations were marked by truly crappy and destructive runs like Disassembled, House of M/"no more mutants", the removal of Baby May and the infamous "deal with the Devil" dissolution of Peter and MJ's marriage, etc.

    Garbage...just utter garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Now that I think about it... If you're actually talking about "X-Tinction Agenda", that's not actually pre-nineties.
    You can quibble that one. It's a 1990 arc. But it falls before the benchmark most consider the start of the "90s comics" era (no-adjective X-Men #1 and UXM from the same period).



    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans. If FOX had the cartoon rights they'd to tons of X-Men cartoons. They've been wanting to do X-Men tv for ages.
    Problem there is a fundamental shift in animation away from action/drama animation aimed at "all ages/all audiences" and towards action/comedy-comedy/action formats aimed at 8-11 year old boys.
    Last edited by PhantomStranger; 01-05-2016 at 03:45 AM.

  3. #303
    Elder Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    Nope. Holds up just fine. First time we saw truly organized and effective anti-mutant activity that posed an existential threat to mutants as a species/society.
    Actually, it doesn't. Are you kidding around?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    Mutant Genesis
    "Mutant Genesis" is right up their with the worst "X" arcs ever. Those other three aren't much better.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    PAD is still the standard against which X-Factor writers are judged. You don't achieve "benchmark" status if you're anything less than exellence.
    That's not saying much. Who are the other brilliant X-Factor writers?

  4. #304
    Elder Member t hedge coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Weihai
    Posts
    7,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's not saying much. Who are the other brilliant X-Factor writers?
    It's all a matter of taste. Nothing more.

    I like a few PAD stories, but on the whole can't stand his work.

    I think the Louise and Walt Simonson era of X-Factor is still a fantastic read, though. Great characterizations, fun stories, and some ballsy, beautiful moves.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

  5. #305
    Elder Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans. If FOX had the cartoon rights they'd to tons of X-Men cartoons. They've been wanting to do X-Men tv for ages.
    call shenanigans all you like. you'll just fall in with the rest of us who are not listening to the tall tales marvel keep spinning about the x-men.

    fact is, the official marvel response to why there are no xmen cartoons is because fox supposedly controls them.

    but again, we know it is a lie. why should we trust them again?

  6. #306
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    call shenanigans all you like. you'll just fall in with the rest of us who are not listening to the tall tales marvel keep spinning about the x-men.
    I haven't listened to tall tales spun by any publisher since DC went four or so years having "great plans" for Cassandra Cain while not letting any writer use her.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  7. #307
    Veteran Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No it is not. It's just an excuse. By that logic, Marvel should just cancel Inhumans and Captain Marvel, as their sales haven't been all that great, and give everyone a break from them.

    The FF's sales have been no more inconsistent over the years than Thor, Iron Man, Captain America or Wolverine -- according to estimates.
    Exactly the Inhumans were not selling all that great.Yet they got rewarded with other books.

  8. #308
    Veteran Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't really agree with most of this because it's too convoluted for Disney/Marvel to do.

    Again, if Disney/Marvel wanted the X-men gone, they won't develop some crazily slow and convoluted scheme to slowly reduce sales until it's lower than Inhumans. That makes absolutely no sense. If they really wanted the X-men gone from publishing as badly as you think, they'd be gone.

    They won't waste time and energy and effort paying talented writers and artists and assigning them to titles they don't want to support or print. Again, this makes absolutely no sense and I'm not even going to bother debating it.

    If the argument is that Marvel hasn't put much resources in X-men related material outside of the publishing, that's a fair argument that most people here already accept but this meta assertion that Marvel are trying to kill the X-men while pushing them in the publishing is remarkably contradictory.
    What makes you think that Marvel could just make the X-men go poof and be gone without ramifications from consumers and also any legal complications that may arrive from Marvel just stating we are giving the X-men the cold shoulder because we don't own the film rights to them.

  9. #309
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Oh my god we're still on this? Really? we're really still on this?

    Look, this is an open forum, and everyone has their rights to their opinions, I get that. I can't tell anyone here not to post their opinions.

    But for the love of God can everyone stop crying all the time about the same issues? Seriously, incessantly complaining about the same topics over and over again does nothing for anyone. It's never a matter of "That is an interesting point sir/madam. But let me explain why I disagree with points A B C." It's always a matter of "WHy duzznt Marv-stupid make mor mutnats/fant4stic/anything else that I want!?"

    It's ok to voice your concerns about things you like, but going on a forum droning on in this circles isn't going to help anyone. If you love marvel I get that people telling you to just don't buy something is telling you to leave something behind that you love, but to all you people out there that think marvel is shoveling x-men and FF into the corner because of movie/licensing rights, if you REALLY feel that way, do you honestly believe that you complaining on a forum is going to change their mind? Seriously, all this negativity is turning into the DC forum of "How To Fix Dc Comics" By JadedFan69bonglord (not a real poster btw...)

    At the end of the day, these complaints are pretty much the equivalent of going outside a mcdonalds with a megaphone and yelling in peoples faces "MCDONALDS NEEDS T BRING BACK THE MCRIB!"

    Again I'm not saying that theres no room for negative opinions necessarily. But just complaining and running in circles with these arguments isn't going to do anything but make you feel worse that you already are.

  10. #310
    Senior Member autbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    call shenanigans all you like. you'll just fall in with the rest of us who are not listening to the tall tales marvel keep spinning about the x-men.

    fact is, the official marvel response to why there are no xmen cartoons is because fox supposedly controls them.

    but again, we know it is a lie. why should we trust them again?
    Stephen Wacker has said multiple times that Marvel has animation rights, he also said they won't be doing an X-men cartoon anytime soo if at all.

  11. #311
    Veteran Member Galerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    At the end of the day, these complaints are pretty much the equivalent of going outside a mcdonalds with a megaphone and yelling in peoples faces "MCDONALDS NEEDS T BRING BACK THE MCRIB!"
    What? There is no McRib anymore in the US? Wow that's sad but thank god you still can get them here in Germany.
    Love talking about things you love and enjoy? So do I. Check out these threads for doing that.

    X-23: http://community.comicbookresources....ivory-to-steel
    Star Wars: http://community.comicbookresources....ce-be-with-you
    Lazarus: http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-thread

  12. #312
    Veteran Member DeathGods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    What? There is no McRib anymore in the US? Wow that's sad but thank god you still can get them here in Germany.
    Must be McRight issues!!???? Lovin Beats Hatin.

  13. #313
    Elder Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Stephen Wacker has said multiple times that Marvel has animation rights, he also said they won't be doing an X-men cartoon anytime soo if at all.
    yes there was a big hubbub about it when cort lane claimed fox owned them, which is what i linked to on the previous page. care to share your sources? we will add it to the timeline.

  14. #314
    HAIL SUMMERS dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Oh my god we're still on this? Really? we're really still on this?

    Look, this is an open forum, and everyone has their rights to their opinions, I get that. I can't tell anyone here not to post their opinions.

    But for the love of God can everyone stop crying all the time about the same issues? Seriously, incessantly complaining about the same topics over and over again does nothing for anyone. It's never a matter of "That is an interesting point sir/madam. But let me explain why I disagree with points A B C." It's always a matter of "WHy duzznt Marv-stupid make mor mutnats/fant4stic/anything else that I want!?"

    It's ok to voice your concerns about things you like, but going on a forum droning on in this circles isn't going to help anyone. If you love marvel I get that people telling you to just don't buy something is telling you to leave something behind that you love, but to all you people out there that think marvel is shoveling x-men and FF into the corner because of movie/licensing rights, if you REALLY feel that way, do you honestly believe that you complaining on a forum is going to change their mind? Seriously, all this negativity is turning into the DC forum of "How To Fix Dc Comics" By JadedFan69bonglord (not a real poster btw...)

    At the end of the day, these complaints are pretty much the equivalent of going outside a mcdonalds with a megaphone and yelling in peoples faces "MCDONALDS NEEDS T BRING BACK THE MCRIB!"

    Again I'm not saying that theres no room for negative opinions necessarily. But just complaining and running in circles with these arguments isn't going to do anything but make you feel worse that you already are.
    Well, given that this whole thing is not going to get any better unless Dis-Marvel gets the rights back, so nothing that we can do is going to help...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No, it won't. If Marvel want to cancel a book (for whatever reason), they'll do it. Fox don't own FF, Marvel/Disney does.

    Fantastic Four wasn't Marvel's lowest selling book but they still cancelled it. Although, I'm 100% sure that FF will come back, contrary to some assertions here, Marvel have cancelled high profile books like Thor and/or replaced major ones like Hulk for extended periods when they want to re-tool them. I don't think it's any different with FF.

    As per push, putting good talent, several variant covers for first issues and tailoring a major crossover (that's coinciding with the movie) does seem that X-men is still very important to the publishing arm.
    So that counts as a push ?, good to know.
    "Gorr was right".

  15. #315
    Senior Member Cowtools's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Oh my god we're still on this? Really? we're really still on this?

    Look, this is an open forum, and everyone has their rights to their opinions, I get that. I can't tell anyone here not to post their opinions.

    But for the love of God can everyone stop crying all the time about the same issues? Seriously, incessantly complaining about the same topics over and over again does nothing for anyone.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I was wondering if this thread could be moved to the 'Complex' thread in the X-books forum, since it's basically the same bunch of issues. That way we'd only have one noxious sinkhole of negativity on these forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •