View Poll Results: What is your favorite Spider-Man spinoff (aside from the Punisher)?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arana/ Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)

1 1.45%
  • Cloak and Dagger

3 4.35%
  • Green Goblin

0 0%
  • Morbius

0 0%
  • Scarlet Spider

13 18.84%
  • Silk

4 5.80%
  • Silver Sable

1 1.45%
  • Slingers

1 1.45%
  • Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker)

11 15.94%
  • Spider-Gwen

6 8.70%
  • Spider-Man 2099

8 11.59%
  • Superior Foes of Spider-Man

14 20.29%
  • Venom (Eddie Brock)

1 1.45%
  • Venom (Flash Thompson)

4 5.80%
  • Other (Please Specify)

2 2.90%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What is your favorite Spider-Man spinoff?

A comment on Superior Foes of Spider-Man got me thinking. What is your favorite Spider-Man spinoff? For the purpose of this thread, a spinoff would be when a character introduced in the Spider-Man books became the lead in a solo title.

I'm not counting Punisher, because that choice might be too dominant. Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane strikes me as a reimagining rather than a spinoff. The Jessica Drew Spider-Woman was not introduced in the pages of Spider-Man, so I wouldn't count her. Arana was tied to JMS's Amazing Spider-Man run, so she counts. And Spider-Man 2099 dealt with the legacy of the Marvel Universe, so I'm counting it as a spinoff.

For the purpose of this thread, Venom is two choices depending on whether you preferred the solo adventures of Eddie Brock or Flash Thompson. Morbius can refer to the 1990s series, the Marvel Now! book or his solo stories in the 1970s.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I went with Cloak & Dagger but Venom (Flash) and Kaine would have been my other picks if we could pick more than one.
    Pull List keeps shrinking

The hero YOU deserve! The Negative Zone's Avatar

Argh... Can't decide between Spider-Girl, 2099, or Scarlet Spider.
    Every time a comic is cancelled, another is launched.

Mayday Parker.

Agent Venom without hesitation
    It is AVENGERS MONTH on my Blog for the upcoming AGE OF ULTRON

The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

There are some good runs, including Slingers, Remender's Venom, the MC2 Spider-Girl and Spider-Man 2099.

But at this point, Superior Foes rates highest for me.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Not counting USM as a spinoff, then I pick Mayday's run. Longest comic run with a female lead published by Marvel, I believe, which makes that run more important than just another Spider-Man spinoff.

Superior Foes by a mile.

I think that there are more interesting characters on the list, but Spider-Girl wins for me. Her ongoing did noticeably flag towards the end of its lifespan, but the first 100 issues or so were remarkably consistent.

I don't think that any of her rivals here have featured in as many good quality stories, or spawned as many supporting characters - most of them welcome additions to the Spider-Man canon.

Spider-Man 2099 would be my runner up.

I had to go with Slingers, which has a very special place in my heart. But man, looking at this list, it's crazy how (dare I say) amazing a lot of the Spidey spinoffs have been over the years. Some have received extremely positive acclaim - Superior Foes, Remender's Venom - while some have just been lots of fun (like Defalco's Green Goblin, another personal favorite of mine). Many of them, like Spider-Girl and 2099, had long runs. And even the Brock-Venom stuff, with varying degrees of quality, lasted a long time.

It's interesting that, despite the success of these spinoffs - financially, creatively, whatever - Spidey has arguably never had as strong a "family" of titles as Bats over at DC.

I'm biased obviously, but I think a well-thought out revival of Slingers would really help to solidify the "Spider-Family." I've got ideas that would knock so many socks off!

-Pav, who wished that latest Morbius series wasn't so... ugh... just... just not right...
    2015 Marvel Monthly Buys: Iron Fist Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

Even thought objectively speaking her series range from good to mediocre, Araña/Spider-Girl wins for me.

Araña: Heart of the Spider was the comic that got me into comics. And I just looooved Anya from the minute she showed up. I also liked how she wasn't a carbon copy of Spider-Man, having her own unique abilities and enemies.

Sadly, Spider-Girl ended up erasing all of that and making her a carbon copy Spider-Man. But it was still nice to see her in a new ongoing.

I'm not sure about importance-wise, but I'd say my favorite is Superior Foes. It was pretty much everything I want out of a comic.

Spider-Gwen (The one who brought me into comics and enjoy very much) and Silk are the ones I'm currently following. Of those two I'll select Spider-Gwen. I do have a interest in Spider-Girl May day Parker, Arana/ Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon), and Superior Foes of Spider-Man base on what i read and know about them.

BANNED

No multiple choice?

This is tough..... I love Kaine's, Flash's, Superior Foes, and Spider-Gwen the most.
    Gave Kaine the vote since he's my favorite character

A Multiversal Gentleman Mighty Roman's Avatar

For me, it's between 2099 and Agent Venom. I think that I'll vote for Venom, but 2099 is a very close second.