View Poll Results: With or Whiout Child ?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Peter and Mary Jane should have a chield

23 62.16%
  • No, Peter and Mary Jane are fine whiout a child

14 37.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OMD is undone - Child or No Child ?

I think it's fair to say that OMD one of the main argumants for it's undoing is to bring back the marriege of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.
    However I would like to know : If the marriege were to be restored and OMD is undone, should Peter's and Mary Jane's child, Mayday Parker, be brought back as well ?

Mighty Member

Core continuity Peter and MJ absolutely should have a child, but I think we should move forward from Baby May. She had her story fully fleshed out in a twelve-year run that also produced a second Parker child, who proved pivotal to the plot of Spider-Verse.

I'd ideally like us to pick up what was teased in the stories just prior to OMD, with Peter and MJ having two kids...I think their son Ben came first, hinted at in the Happy Birthday story, but the story entitled The Book of Peter indicated they had a daughter after their son that they named after Peter's mother.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-22-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I would like them to still have the kid, but we are basically getting that already in renew your vows. I am glad they made the other book it is nice to have a Spider-Man book with him married and having a family.

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

I love them having a child!

I think the most important part is that they have many writers who would like to continue writing a family man Peter Parker for years. If not, then it doesn't matter. Marvel doesn't want it to happen, so I just hope Renew Your Vows never ends! Or ends on a good note for fans!
    Last edited by Fearless Heart; 05-22-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Give them a kid that looks like a tiny Mephisto baby. Then MJ looks at Peter with a blank look in her eyes and says "He looks just like his father"....

Astonishing Member

The child that would have existed if OMD hadn't happened isn't Mayday. She was miscarried earlier (the What If that introduced the teen Mayday was What If Spider-Man's daughter had lived). It's Annie, the girl from Renew Your Vows. If they magically undo OMD, they would effectively be merging RYV with the prime universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The child that would have existed if OMD hadn't happened isn't Mayday. She was miscarried earlier (the What If that introduced the teen Mayday was What If Spider-Man's daughter had lived). It's Annie, the girl from Renew Your Vows. If they magically undo OMD, they would effectively be merging RYV with the prime universe.
    That would justify those hints last year about RYV possibly being linked to 616.

I can see pros and cons for either option. Although I would like them to not have a family for awhile after being reunited, but that is just me.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

No. Please no.

Babies aren't even charcters in comics. They're they're props that waste pannel time crying and leave you with bad jokes about diapers. Then you're stuck with them for years contributing nothing to the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No. Please no.

Babies aren't even charcters in comics. They're they're props that waste pannel time crying and leave you with bad jokes about diapers. Then you're stuck with them for years contributing nothing to the story.
    You should really read Renew Your Vows.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    -Spider-man Reborn- anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    -Spider-man Reborn- anyone?
    YES! I think that could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That would justify those hints last year about RYV possibly being linked to 616.
    I'll believe it when I read it. Those in charge of Marvel have repeatedly stated the marriage is never returning in any way, shape or form. Of course, these same people repeatedly stated Ben Reilly would never return either, so go figure.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Spectacular Member

image.jpg

They'd be great parents... Can we agree on mafia rules for the kids though?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No. Please no.

Harsh. But I can't say I disagree. Babies really aren't good idea in serialized fiction. Alternate universe is fine, but in main continuity? No. Just no.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix