Default Is Spider-verse channeling Grant Morrison’s run on Batman?

Was thinking about this the other day—does what we’ve seen of Spider-verse so far remind anyone else of Morrison’s epic Batman run?

Leading up to Batman Inc, Bruce Wayne was “killed” off and replaced for a year or so. There was also an insufferable jerk of a character in the cast in Damien Wayne (though unlike SpOck, I actually grew to like Damien quite a bit).

There was a short arc where ‘the Batmen of all nations’ (basically other versions of Batman of various nationalities) were being targeted and killed off by a mysterious organization. These other Batman versions came to be heavily featured in the narrative.

There were a couple storylines where female fan-favorite characters (Batwoman and Stephanie Brown) had the spotlight.

These are just the similarities I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone suppose Slott was inspired by this run?

Super Saiyan

You could probably find a lot of parallels between Slott's current run and Batman books in general. Superior Spider-Man basically was the same scenario as Knightfall. (Original hero is replaced with edgier, darker version who uses more violent methods and advanced technology to achieve his means while alienating the original hero's supporting cast.) Only Knightfall was more successful in establishing why Bruce was a better Batman then Azrael, where as Slott didn't really stick that landing when Peter reclaimed the "Spider-mantle" from Otto.

Obviously Peter now owning his own business, Parker Industries is very similar to Bruce Wayne and Wayne Enterprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    You could probably find a lot of parallels between Slott's current run and Batman books in general. Superior Spider-Man basically was the same scenario as Knightfall. (Original hero is replaced with edgier, darker version who uses more violent methods and advanced technology to achieve his means while alienating the original hero's supporting cast.) Only Knightfall was more successful in establishing why Bruce was a better Batman then Azrael, where as Slott didn't really stick that landing when Peter reclaimed the "Spider-mantle" from Otto.

Obviously Peter now owning his own business, Parker Industries is very similar to Bruce Wayne and Wayne Enterprises.
    Yes, certainly. To me there seems to be a real "Batmanning" of Spider-man going on right now, as they seem to really be trying to emphasize the Spider-family cast of characters (at least the ones that aren't being butchered).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Can't say I see it, to be honest. Sure, there are vague parallels, but I don't think Slott's aping Morisson.
    Just. Be. Nice.

Coming 2015: Spider Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Captain America did it before Batman, I believe.