Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Starlight, #4

Mark Millar and Goran Parlov's "Starlight" #4 finds hero Duke McQueen poised to become the leader of real revolution, complete with traitors.

Full review here.

While the issue has some solid and exciting action, the single flashback panels of Mcqueen's past adventures on Tantalus -- The Robot King, The Ice-Apes, The Undersea Peril, and The Plant Masters -- are absolutely mouth-watering in their potential. They leave a reader hoping not just to see more of the same, but to someday see those past adventures brought fully to life. Colorist Ive Svorcina is an exceptional match for Parlov, keeping colors simple and flat, the palette muted and lovely with just the right pop.

So far, "Starlight" is a fantastic adventure with a ton of potential. It both revels in its nostalgia but also promises to mine new territory in exciting ways.
    You might be disappointed to know that Millar has said that he will never write Starlight again after it ends with a double sized issue 6. He's finished with the series and told the story he wants to tell. He hopes to work with Goran within the next few years on a new project though. Such a bummer.

Disappointing, Unlike MPH & Millars other work I didn't see this solicited as a mini, I may of passed otherwise. I was really looking forward to a decent run on this......Oh Well.