Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 722
  1. #676
    I am Storm's fiance RLAAMJR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    26,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Marvel fans who think Disney is some pure evil incarnate entity.

    Whenever someone says, "I want this adaptation to be faithful to the comics/I don't like they changed this from the comic" and they are met with the response of "Ha ha! Some dummy wants to see panel by panel representation! Don't you understand that's impossible?!"
    Just because I want faithfulness, doesn't mean I want panel by panel adaptation.
    Dont worry. Most xmen fans are happy that Disney bought Fox. Maybe Avengers fans arent happy about it because they know the xmen could get more popular than the avengers again.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

    You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist

    "The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"


    Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

  2. #677
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I tend to dislike people who just can't look past their love or hate for something and who are automatically going to praise/bash a piece of work because they see themselves as "fans" or "haters" and think that they have some sacred duty to defend or attack the said piece of work.

    Though of course it's not just something exclusive to comic book readers but more of a general thing. Still, CBR can turn into a particularly tenacious kind of blind extremists when it comes to the subject of their love or hate.
    I second this. I have never understood it myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  3. #678
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know. I think if you'd have asked Marv Wolfman back in 1985 he'd have said something like "Of course I didn't make Deathstroke a rapist. How could you say... Oh, hang on... I see what you mean. Shit. That was not what I intended."
    I doubt it. There's a feature on the Judas Contract Blu-Ray called "Deathstroke: Villain Rising" which features Wolfman and Perez. And in it, Wolfman makes it very clear he sees Slade as a victim not a villain.

    Good thing he isn't writing the character now and it is very rare that I say that about a character's original creator.

  4. #679
    Astonishing Member Trey Strain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,940

    Default

    People who say more or less, "I demand that a comic that failed be relaunched and with absolutely nothing changed about it, and I'll keep throwing a fit online until I get it."

  5. #680
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    People who say more or less, "I demand that a comic that failed be relaunched and with absolutely nothing changed about it, and I'll keep throwing a fit online until I get it."
    LOL I agree with this statement 110%.

  6. #681
    Spectacular Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I tend to dislike people who just can't look past their love or hate for something and who are automatically going to praise/bash a piece of work because they see themselves as "fans" or "haters" and think that they have some sacred duty to defend or attack the said piece of work.

    Though of course it's not just something exclusive to comic book readers but more of a general thing. Still, CBR can turn into a particularly tenacious kind of blind extremists when it comes to the subject of their love or hate.
    I totally agree.

  7. #682
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    What I dislike about the fandom?

    Speculators who see comics as an investment.

  8. #683

    Default

    I dislike how people jump to conclusions.

    Oh, you didn't like Wonder Woman? You must be a sexist.

    Oh, you're not excited for Black Panther? You must be a racist.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

  9. #684
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    What I dislike about the fandom?

    Speculators who see comics as an investment.
    Can speculators really be considered fans? Do they really love Spider-Man, Batman, X-Men, Superman? Or do they just love the money they think they will make?

  10. #685
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Fans who automatically assume they're going to like a book because previous writer is off the book. It really shouldn't annoy me but for some reason does.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, and All New Guardians of The Galaxy.

  11. #686
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    The status quo.

  12. #687
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I dislike it when fans let their biases get in the ways of their thoughts and when they voice their opinions they have to frame it as a fact without actually thinking things through.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-14-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  13. #688
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    The outsized sense of importance that Fans often attach to what is a fairly niche hobby.

    Edit: in fairness, that might be as much an artifact of internet/social media behaviors as it is something inherent to fandom.

  14. #689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    indeed, its we want change, something changes, then its all hysterics, change it back, oh thats old and busted

    you want to read/see something that makes you feel like you were 10 again? guess what? you're not 10 anymore
    The way I see let these legacy characters takeover and then we have a chance at change.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  15. #690
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I dislike it when fans let their biases get in the ways of their thoughts and when they voice their opinions they have to frame it as a fact without actually thinking things through.
    Conversely, I get irritated when people feel the need to point out that the opinions of others are subjective - or claim that they should make it clear they're being subjective.

    Of course it's subjective - it's an opinion on the internet. That goes without saying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •