Super Moderator

Default Prep For Netflix's "Daredevil" with These 5 Essential Kingpin Stories

Check out the source material Vincent D'Onofrio will pull from for his performance as Wilson Fisk in the Marvel/Netflix "Daredevil" series.

Full article here.

Those are some good comics.

I liked how Kingpin was used in To the Death, the DeFalco/Lee/Romita oneshot, and of course he's a great monster in Man Without Fear, but, weirdly, I can't even remember what happened in the Kingpin mini, where, presumably, he was the whole point.
    Anonymous un-vetted tumblr & reddit posters are the most significant voices in social politics today. If you're paranoid and forget there's a world out there.

This article made me realize that Kingpin hasn't shown up in Mark Waid's run yet (at least in any major capacity) ... and now that Matt's in San Francisco, he probably won't unless he specifically moves out there to go after him, or if it somehow ties into "Original Sin".

Born Again is the defining story, IMO.
    'Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

Hardcore is great. where is the love for the murdock papers? also hardcore really only works as like a third or fourth season storyline. unless they jump into it saying he has been battling the kingpin for years
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 06-17-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

No love for Last Rites(Fall of the Kingpin)?
    Bronze Age baby.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Hardcore is great. where is the love for the murdock papers? also hardcore really only works as like a third or fourth season storyline. unless they jump into it saying he has been battling the kingpin for years
    It also really only works as part of Bendis' ongoing storyline. Take out 'Hardcore' on it's own, and it's really not much different than say, the initial Typhoid Mary storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Born Again is the defining story, IMO.
    Pretty much.