Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Howard Porter Homages Howard Porter for "Justice League" Variant

CBR has an exclusive first look at artist Howard Porter's variant for "Justice League" #32, an homage to his own "JLA" #1 cover!

Full article here.

I thought he was drawing Wonder Woman as unattractive in Justice League 3000 on purpose, but she's not very pretty here either. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I thought he was drawing Wonder Woman as unattractive in Justice League 3000 on purpose, but she's not very pretty here either. Weird.
    He looks like he's struggling to find the balance of strength and beauty that Diana possesses. Just peeped the JLA cover, and his WW there looks tons better.

Well i like his style so i'm pretty much fine with all of it. Even wondy. I'd say she is prettier in JLA #1 though. However, Superman's mullet. Ugh.

Regardless. I'm more focused on the release date. JL #32 is coming out tomorrow? When is justice league #31 coming then? Is it a double release tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    He looks like he's struggling to find the balance of strength and beauty that Diana possesses. Just peeped the JLA cover, and his WW there looks tons better.
    My understanding is that Porter was in an accident where his hand(s) were damaged and he basically had to relearn how to draw from scratch. So you almost can't compare his old work to his new.

BANNED

His sense of perspective and energy have improved, but he's lost the ability to draw women well. He used to be great at it, but struggled with perspective in the 90s. I remember back in the 90s in his interviews, talking about how he prefers to draw women because its more challenging.

Compound that with having to draw with his left hand, now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRhon View Post
    Well i like his style so i'm pretty much fine with all of it. Even wondy. I'd say she is prettier in JLA #1 though. However, Superman's mullet. Ugh.

Regardless. I'm more focused on the release date. JL #32 is coming out tomorrow? When is justice league #31 coming then? Is it a double release tomorrow?
    there isn't a JL #31? It was solicited for May. there's no preview for JL #32,

Props to Porter, I can't even draw with my right hand, I can barely write with my left hand. Re-learn to draw using his left hand is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    there isn't a JL #31? It was solicited for May. there's no preview for JL #32,

Props to Porter, I can't even draw with my right hand, I can barely write with my left hand. Re-learn to draw using his left hand is awesome.
    JL #31 is coming out on 6/25. Issue 32 is out on 7/16. Issue 33 is out on 7/30. All the info is available at DC Comics website.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    JL #31 is coming out on 6/25. Issue 32 is out on 7/16. Issue 33 is out on 7/30. All the info is available at DC Comics website.
    Thats what I thought. Whomever wrote this article never bothered to update it for the delays I guess. *sigh* My hopes are dashed.

Coooooool. I hate it (love it) when the variant is cool enough for me to get the stupid thing.