Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Nolan, Van Sciver & More Provide Batman Variants in July

CBR has the exclusive debut of four July-releasing variant covers featuring the Dark Knight, by Klaus Janson, Michael Kaluta and more.

Full article here.

van Sciver can do better than that for sure

BANNED

Looks typical of his art, actually. He was overhyped in the 2000s. His stuff always looked kinda elongated and weird because he had no real control over anatomy or proportion. Their limbs didn't seem to coordinate and were always jutting off in some weird direction.

Van Sciver is Van Sciver. I don't usually expect much growth from him, but I don't hate his work because it feels similar to Neal Adams' style. So if he's not revolutionizing, at least it feels like the DC 'house style' that I actually liked, as opposed to the post-Lee style. Of course, converse to that, Reis always looks like Jim Aparo, but better! But I always did think Aparo did it better than Neal, anyway. A little more understated, grounded and anatomical.

But the real news this time, and the big thing, the underhyped thing that deserves way more news, is Klaus Janson's return to DC. I mean I was stoked enough he'll be inking for Romita, but he's doing COVERS. He's one of my all-time favorites, and my single favorite 80s artist, for a reason. How good does that Batman look? And Batwoman looks stellar, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Kaluta's art is so very nice. The linework is amazing

Love that Michael Wm. Kaluta cover of Batman and Robin!

Nice to see Graham Nolan drawing Batman again. And that Kaluta cover is all kinds of awesome.
    Free your soul and let it fly....