Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Cornell Gives "Wolverine" "Three Months to Die"

"Wolverine" is on a clock to Logan's death, and series writer Paul Cornell joined X-POSITION to answer reader questions about the book's direction.

Full article here.

"Kermit is just a puppet?" The hell is he talking about? Kermit's a frog!
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

I think his answers sound a bit strange because it wasn't in his plans to kill Wolverine.. and most questions are about the death of Wolverine.

Anka`s art is really good. Excited about PAD next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Anka`s art is really good. Excited about PAD next week.
    Same here (to both). Anka's art has grown on me and here it's more beautiful than ever. I might pick up the trade just for that.

And a PAD interview always gets me excited
    UncannyAvengers XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine Low TerminalHero

No Mythologies to Follow Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

truth to tell...seems like 3 frakkin' centuries.

Hurry up and DIE, already!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think his answers sound a bit strange because it wasn't in his plans to kill Wolverine.. and most questions are about the death of Wolverine.
    Yeah and it certainly does make it awkward for him to answer it when he's not even writing the actual death. He just got positioned to set it up.

Well, reading it he pretty much says that this is going to be reversed, and it sounds QUICK...if it truly is a death of the character at all or just the death of the moniker.

He does come off a little bitter but he also talks future forward in terms of some events...like James and Ororo just basically being in heat, trying to drill for love but it isn't there yet.
    Personally, I am excitied for the character to die and I hope he stays dead for a good long stretch (sorry fans) but he appears so inconsistent from issue to issue, comic to comic, he is more of a blight when I see him included in a roster nowadays.
    I like the new suit though.

Entire article read like Cornell didn't really want to be part of this or the questions that were being asked. The idea of Marvel killing off a major character is such a farce. The 3 month advance notice is basically a cry for help.

I really like Paul Cornell, which disappoints me because I haven't been fond of this run. Wish they had him answer more questions.

The first two questions that I make to a writer and they are both answered! That means, either they were quite good, or the other questions were not so good. (just kidding, no offense intended)

With that been said, I find Mr. Cornell's answers elusive and vague. And while I understand that for my second question, considering that he is not the writer that creates the “Death of Wolverine”, his response considering Storm and Pinch leaves me a bit perplexed!

About Wolverine and Storm's relationship, he says "Those two didn't have a one true love forever relationship, they had, and still may get back to a deep romantic friendship." and then he adds "Storm can find it in herself to understand and forgive as long as he's on the road to sorting himself out, which is more than Logan deserves."

Is he speaking about something that will be addressed by himself or by another writer in the future? Does he express only a speculation of what can happen or could happen?

And what about Pinch? Her only purpose is to drive a story and to add drama to it? Well, considering his answers, I would say that this is the case, but really was she needed?

As for my second question, I think that Mr. Cornell did not really want to answer that, and I completely understand (Sorry about that Mr. Cornell, my intention was not to bring you in an odd position, I was simply asking about your opinion over the matter!!!)
    Last edited by WolfClow; 06-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.

"The search for "importance" by the super hero comic audience is a problem, a disease."

I am astonished by that reply coming from the author of one of the most mediocre Wolverine books ever. Rather than addressing the question with humility, he's admitting that there will be no long term significance to his story and anyone expecting something different has a problem. He has not earned the right to dictate what readers' expectations should be.

I picked up the last issue because it had Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, but I don't think I can support a pompous asshole like Cornell anymore than that.

I still can't help but feel that we're not going to get a real Death here , but "The Wolverine" is going to die While Logan takes on a new Persona.
    - JLA Member Bedlam66 -
    JPEG League of America

BANNED

I've never seen a book go so wrong so fast. It's horrific.

I don't like his answer concerning Storm and Logan.