Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's "Ultimate FF" to End in August with #6

CBR News has confirmed that Marvel's "Ultimate FF" will end in August with issue #6, by Joshua Hale Fialkov and André Lima Araújo.

Full article here.

BANNED

it was Doomed, from the start.

I knew sales were bad but I thought it'd get longer shot as it was from the Ultimate line. The art certainly did not do it any favors.

BANNED

They really should have gotten a tighter artist.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I knew sales were bad but I thought it'd get longer shot as it was from the Ultimate line. The art certainly did not do it any favors.
    The art was very shaky. I was looking at the previews and it was very unappealing with scratchy looking inking. It can be the kiss of death for a new series. It's too bad because the writing has been pretty sharp IMO. It's like the Ultimates version of the quarreling FF from the silver age.
    Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

You have got to be kidding me...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The art was very shaky. I was looking at the previews and it was very unappealing with scratchy looking inking. It can be the kiss of death for a new series. It's too bad because the writing has been pretty sharp IMO. It's like the Ultimates version of the quarreling FF from the silver age.
    Fiakov was doing well too. He was going to help clean up continuity as well.

With that art and the lack of interest in the Ultimate line, it really had no chance.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Even though I only read Spider-Man from the Ultimate Universe, it still raised eyebrows that UFF will be done on issue six. That being said, reading how bad the sales were it is way, way less surprising.

Do people really still care about the wider Ultimate Universe beyond Miles Morales these days?

BANNED

How is the ultimate line doing as a whole?
    I know that Spider-Man is doing well... but what about the others?

It's Marvel's fault . How the hell do you even relaunch a line that is already in high peril , with art so ... mediocre . Without necessarily big names for it , you'd expect better for a line that at it's worst (ultimatum) still usually featured top notch artists , especially in Ult Spider-man and Ultimates . Where is some "Young gun" like they love to market , for the book ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    How is the ultimate line doing as a whole?
    I know that Spider-Man is doing well... but what about the others?
    Well, there are only three Ultimate books, so "the others" is just "All-New Ultimates." I haven't looked at the charts, but I assume it's doing a better job of riding the Miles' coattails (seeing as Miles is featured prominently in that book).

Honestly, I'm about ready for the Ultimate line to be JUST Miles with the occasional annual or mini. Or maybe they can use the Spider-Verse crossover as an excuse to finally bring him into the 616 permanently...

BANNED

the Ultimate line should have ended with that Galactus story; w/ the good characters being salvaged somehow.

A shame but I didn't bother downloading it (legally through Comixology!!) after the first issue as the art was so bad. The story may have been okay, and I liked the make up of the team, but I couldn't get past the artwork. In the same way poor acting can kill a decent script, so can the art sadly. Hope Joshua has something else lined up - Marvel seem to rate him and hopefully the poor sales haven't killed any enthusiasm he has to keep working for the publisher.

All I ask is that they fully reveal what happened with Doom, because if they wait another five years there probably won't be an ultimate line anymore...