Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "GI Joe" Regroups, Maberry's "Rot & Ruin" Debuts in IDW's September 2014 Solicitations

IDW's September solicitations feature the new "G.I. Joe" series, Jonathan Maberry's "Rot & Ruin, the "Ghostbusters" finale and more.

Full article here.

I cannot believe they're ending Ghostbusters in the midst of their 30th/25th anniversary of their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I cannot believe they're ending Ghostbusters in the midst of their 30th/25th anniversary of their movies.
    Yeah that is sad news. Although the previous volume was cut short but started up again so maybe there will be another relaunch.

TRANSFORMERS RID
    Maybe GIJOE
    SPIDERMAN 2099* CAP AMERICA & MIGHTY AVENGERS* UNITY* THE VALIANT* IVAR, TIMEWALKER* JOHN CARTER* STAR TREK/POTA

- CN : Super Secret Crisis War! #4
    - CN : Super Secret Crisis War! Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends #1
    - Ghostbusters #20
    - G.I. Joe #1 - Never read G.I. Joe before but I'm interested in seeing Scarlett lead the team.
    - Kill Shakespeare: The Mask of Night #4
    - Rocky & Bullwinkle : Moose On The Loose TPB
    - Samurai Jack #12
    - Superman: The Golden Age Sundays: 1946–1949 HC
    - The Powerpuff Girls Vol. 2 : Monster Mash TPB

Sad to see Ghostbusters go but hopefully they're just planning to launch another series of it. Also, did they cancel Powerpuff Girls or is it on hiatus?

Karen Traviss? Time to start caring about G.I. Joe comics again. I'm deeply saddened about Ghostbusters ending, but at least it had a good run. Here's hoping for a relaunch in the future (the RGB variant is a very nice touch).

So is this another GiJoe ongoing? How many GiJoe book do they have ongoing? I was gonna get into this but I don't like how confusing it is to jump on. I used to read the original Marvel series when I was a kid, but I've outgrown the kiddie level reading. I was hoping GiJoe would mature.

As per usual, phenomenal covers for Winterworld.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cray_ws View Post
    So is this another GiJoe ongoing? How many GiJoe book do they have ongoing? I was gonna get into this but I don't like how confusing it is to jump on. I used to read the original Marvel series when I was a kid, but I've outgrown the kiddie level reading. I was hoping GiJoe would mature.
    Pretty sure this is not an additional ongoing, but a relaunch.

At least as far as GIJoe is concerned, IDW's getting as bad as Marvel in the relaunch department...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww crap, I can't believe GHOSTBUSTERS is getting shitcanned. On the top of the original's thirtieth anniversary, and maybe a theatrical re-release of the original is supposedly in the offing. But, these things happen I guess. It was a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by cray_ws View Post
    It looks like this is going to be the only IDW-original Joe book for now. There used to be three (G.I. Joe, The Cobra Files, and Special Missions), but they all ended a few months ago. A Real American Hero is a separate continuity, and I agree with you: it doesn't read that well by today's standards (in my opinion, of course). IDW's original line, on the hand, has really appealed to me from the very beginning.

And chalk me up as another fan who's excited to see Karen Traviss writing the book. She seems to get a lot of flak from Star Wars fan, but having only read her Gears of War material myself, I've never been anything but impressed by her writing. I can't wait to see what she does in the G.I. Joe wheelhouse.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Wow, I didn't think anybody here besides me read Ghostbusters, which is why I was thinking it was ending. Damn. Ever since it started at IDW, I've been such a huge fan of Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening. I always felt Burnham had a great handle on the characters, and while it took a few issues to get used to, Schoening's art style for the characters really grew on me and I'm gonna miss it. I wonder if it was due to sales or some other reason they're ending it. Fingers are crossed though that it'll get relaunched again later this year. But damn, and they just brought in Dana Barrett and Lewis.

As for GI Joe, I loved the Marvel run which then the now gone Devil's Due company followed and did their thing which was awesome. IDW then continued Real American Hero where Marvel left off and ignored the DD continuity. Didn't want to follow. When IDW relaunched GI Joe years ago, I opted not to follow it because I was irked at a total reboot. Years later, I'm glad I didn't follow because of all the tons of books they put out and mini series. It was too much. I was hoping this relaunch would be a reboot so I could follow, but it's really not so I won't follow. But I understand why it's not. I've been reading their Transformers books from the start and I would be pissed if they rebooted it now.

Pick ups for the month...

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #33
    Transformers: Robot's In Disguise #33
    Transformers: Primacy (Trade waiting)
    Ragnarock #2
    Winterworld #4 (Fantastic looking covers)
    Ghostbusters #20 (Just... Damn)
    The Squidder (Trade waiting)
    The Last Fall (Trade waiting)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 06-18-2014 at 01:11 PM.

http://wethenerdy.com/who-ya-gonna-c...-erik-burnham/

Knowing the series is ending I can't help but read into the way he answers some of the questions as well as rereading his last post on the forums here.

Might try out GI Joe.
    And maybe TMNT, but im way behind at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Wow, I didn't think anybody here besides me read Ghostbusters, which is why I was thinking it was ending. Damn. Ever since it started at IDW, I've been such a huge fan of Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening.
    Thanks!

IDW will have an official statement about it out there soon.

I'll shut my mouth until then! (: