Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny X-Men, #23

This July, the X-Men crash headlong into Original Sin in Uncanny X-Men #23 - from New York Times Bestselling writer Brian Michael Bendis and rising star artist Kris Anka! Thanks to the events of Original Sin, Charles Xavier's last will and testament has been discovered. The final wishes of a man who fought all his life for peaceful coexistence between man and mutant - until the very day it got him killed. The rift between the two X-Men squads grows with each passing day. Do the secrets contained in Xavier's will have the power to finally reunite them? Or doom them forever? Don't miss the story that will have everyone talking and sets the stage for huge X-Men stories on the horizon when The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier stands revealed in Uncanny X-Men #23!

Full article here.

Art looks good, hopefully the story is as well.

Yay! Anka art
    Axis UncannyAvengers UncannyXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler SpiderMan2099 RocketRaccoon SecretSix Saga Wicked+Divine Low

Magneto's back. I really like the main team. Cyclops, Magneto, Emma, Magik, Kitty and now Dazzler.

Anka looks much better than his X-Men stuff. He said on his tumblr that this is the first time he's done all the inks and stuff himself. If so he should do it all more often.
    "You'll let me know when his revolution starts."

yeah Dazzler!!
    i hope this doesn't suck!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Has anyone else noticed that the piping on Cyclops' new uniform looks similar to the Hellfire Club soldier uniforms? Still holding out hope that they'll eventually reveal that Emma has been pushing him telepathically this whole time...

Omg, Ali my bb. What's happening to her?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    This July, the X-Men crash headlong into Original Sin in Uncanny X-Men #23 - from New York Times Bestselling writer Brian Michael Bendis and rising star artist Kris Anka! Thanks to the events of Original Sin, Charles Xavier's last will and testament has been discovered. The final wishes of a man who fought all his life for peaceful coexistence between man and mutant - until the very day it got him killed. The rift between the two X-Men squads grows with each passing day. Do the secrets contained in Xavier's will have the power to finally reunite them? Or doom them forever? Don't miss the story that will have everyone talking and sets the stage for huge X-Men stories on the horizon when The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier stands revealed in Uncanny X-Men #23!

Full article here.
    I've followed this from the last run of Uncanny X-Men and have enjoyed it so far. Wil Xavier's will include a subliminal command to tell Stan Lee to give back the rights to Kirby's output? We wait with baited breath.

Was already released by Newsarama. Can't tell much from an unlettered preview, but I hope this confirms to some extent that Dazzler will be joining Cyclops's team. This might be part of a new plot that leads them back to Madripoor to attack Mystique. Dazzler looks pretty unstable and after what Mystique did to her, I can hardly blame her.

As for the big secret that's going to destroy the X-men, I still suspect it has to do with some kind of psychic block that Xavier put on the X-men and never revealed. That seems to be his calling card. He has done that sort of thing before and he might have done it on a much bigger scale. But that's just my theory. It's probably wrong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

I'm so amused Chris Bachalo has cover art credit for that lovely use of Photoshop.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

So is Cyclops collecting all the blondes? If so when does Boom Boom show up

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    So is Cyclops collecting all the blondes? If so when does Boom Boom show up
    Soon and just wait until Kitty dyes her's blonde.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Soon and just wait until Kitty dyes her's blonde.
    Honestly I could picture Tempest dying her hair to get Cyke's attention.

That Anka art looks really nice. I wasn't a big fan of his stuff on the adj-less title but this definitely looks appealing.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

Is it terrible that my favorite part of the preview is seeing teen jean flying?

P.s. Is this the new permanent uncanny artist? I sure hope so. I can actually tell what's going on in every panel for a change.