Super Moderator

Default Mike Allred Is Having A 'Radd' Time with "Silver Surfer"

Mike Allred explains why working with Dan Slott to bring classic and all-new Marvel characters to life in "Silver Surfer" is a 'dream.'

Full article here.

Seems to be an acquired taste to some around here, but I love Allred's work.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

Allred was an acquired taste for me too, but now I enjoy it, and IMO his style fits the tone of the book. I also like Slott's writing.

BANNED

Allred's one of my favorite artists and he fits SS perfectly!

A bit too far from an LCS, yet so close...

You'll either love or hate the art. There's nothing in-between.
    Trying the Monthlies route once more.

On the subject of art, I have to agree that it didn't sit well with me throughout the entire run of FF. And then I read Silver Surfer, and from the way I'm enjoying everything about it, I beginning to realize that it was really just the characters and stories in that run of FF that I disliked.

Also, I'm liking the way they're taking the time to introduce the characters to each other (and the audience) slowly. My favorite seasons of Doctor Who were always those where it took two episodes before the companion started traveling with The Doctor (e.g. Donna Noble, Clara Oswald). That's also why I dislike the way Hickman introduced his new members of the Avengers (e.g Captain Universe, Hyperion).

Love his passion for the book and the character. He's a real nice guy on Twitter too.

His art is just a great fit with the style of this book. I never cared about his art one way or another before but it just works on this kind of Surfer. The newest issue is a prime example of that. It's one hell of a book!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Allred was an acquired taste for me too, but now I enjoy it, and IMO his style fits the tone of the book. I also like Slott's writing.
    ive come to love it

I am loving this series so far and it seems to be heading in a really good direction..

Just love the new take on Norrin's personality, I don't recall him being so light-hearted yet weighed down.