Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 301 to 314 of 314
  1. #301
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Amazon has listings for four new children's books starring Wonder Woman, featuring a different villain in each one. They're releasing in August:

    The Unbreakable Bracelets (vs. Cheetah)

    The Legendary Lasso (vs. Circe)

    Jet-Powered Justice (vs. Ares)

    The Tiara and the Titan (vs. Giganta)

  2. #302
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Amazon has listings for four new children's books starring Wonder Woman, featuring a different villain in each one. They're releasing in August:

    The Unbreakable Bracelets (vs. Cheetah)

    The Legendary Lasso (vs. Circe)

    Jet-Powered Justice (vs. Ares)

    The Tiara and the Titan (vs. Giganta)

    Nice to see Cheetah and Giganta appearing in these books. Sounds like the Invisible Jet will appear in the Ares story.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

  3. #303
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nice to see Cheetah and Giganta appearing in these books. Sounds like the Invisible Jet will appear in the Ares story.
    I do like how each book focuses on not only a villain from her rogues gallery, but an iconic tool in Diana's arsenal (bracelets, lasso, invisible jet, tiara). And hey, no sword!

  4. #304
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I do like how each book focuses on not only a villain from her rogues gallery, but an iconic tool in Diana's arsenal (bracelets, lasso, invisible jet, tiara). And hey, no sword!

    Right? That's a step in the right direction.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

  5. #305
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Just read Justice League of America #22. The Queen of Fables (a villain I never really liked much as a WW foe) had a pretty good showing. I don't know how many more Wonder Woman villains Steve Orlando has to write before being given the main book. First Aegeus (who I hope we see again real soon, really enjoyed his depiction), now Queen of Fables, and soon after the Adjudicator. It's just crazy.

  6. #306
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I do like how each book focuses on not only a villain from her rogues gallery, but an iconic tool in Diana's arsenal (bracelets, lasso, invisible jet, tiara). And hey, no sword!
    I'm glad that her sword isn't getting any focus. I always preferred seeing Diana with her Lasso of Truth as her main weapon. It just fits perfectly for her and what she represents.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  7. #307
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Just read Justice League of America #22. The Queen of Fables (a villain I never really liked much as a WW foe) had a pretty good showing. I don't know how many more Wonder Woman villains Steve Orlando has to write before being given the main book. First Aegeus (who I hope we see again real soon, really enjoyed his depiction), now Queen of Fables, and soon after the Adjudicator. It's just crazy.

    Right? Orlando definitely deserves a shot at writing Diana's solo book.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

  8. #308
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    I’m down with Orlando taking over Wonder Woman for a bit.

  9. #309
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    I'd be down for Orlando taking over the book. Seeley would be my first choice (and I will spam my preference all over this forum until DC obeys), but Orlando would be a good alternative. His writing gets sneezed at a lot around here, but I don't think it's completely warranted. JLA is an okay book if not spectacular, but Supergirl is the only title from the main DCU I continue to get monthly so I can vote with my dollar, and Midnighter was great.

    You don't pull the likes of Aegeus and the Adjudicator out of nowhere unless you know what's up, and he has referenced Diana's book "Reflections" a few times over in Supergirl. He's clearly a fan.

  10. #310
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    spoilers:
    Dr. Psycho
    end of spoilers appears in this week's Justice League: No Justice. Cool to see a WW rogue in a big crossover event.

  11. #311
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    I wonder do you guys think Hyponta will ever might a apperance
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  12. #312
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    Dr. Psycho
    end of spoilers appears in this week's Justice League: No Justice. Cool to see a WW rogue in a big crossover event.

    I flipped through this comic but didn't see him. Where did you spot him?
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

  13. #313
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I flipped through this comic but didn't see him. Where did you spot him?
    He was in the page with the group of telepaths used to combat Brainiac. I believe he was in the back right?

  14. #314
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He was in the page with the group of telepaths used to combat Brainiac. I believe he was in the back right?

    Thank you, kind sir.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •