Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    And he's out! One thing I immediatley noticed, is that he actually refers to Iron-Man, Cap, and Widow appropriately if they're in their 2099 skins. Everyone still refers to Tony and Steve, while Miggy calls them by Sonny and Roberta, etc. Was a nice touch that helps bring things together

Will need to see if he has any other dialogue specialities with other characters. Hulk's Maestro skin, mayhaps?
    That would be nice, especially considering he actually fought Maestro twice in a Peter David-written series, first in a guest appearance in Peter David's Captain Marvel and second in the 2099 revival series following the Spider-Verse tie-in issues. I'll admit, I kind of wanted to see more of Future Imperfect 2099, and I still have to read the original at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Anybody want to hear a theory I just came up with about the 2099 universe that makes way too much sense?
    Series I'm Picking Up/Going To Be Picking Up
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan
    Phoenix: Ressurection
    Headcanons
    Marvel: Earth 298 (2099) is a possible future of Earth 807128 (Old Man Logan's future)

I'll bite. Do tell

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I'll bite. Do tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    You know they retconed his past and what happend after he killed the X-Men so many times this probaly could happen.
    2099 is a possible future of Earth-807128. (Old Man Logan's future)
    Think about it. People in the Wasteland worshipped Thor's hammer. I could see it turning into a full-blown religion... Like the Church of Thor in 2099! And a gripe people have about the 2099 universe is "How the fuck did these evil corporations take over with all these heroes around?"
    Well, what if they were all dead, just like in Old Man Logan?
    It's also worth noting that mutants are pretty rare in 2099, and mutants were going extinct in Old Man Logan, so this also lines up.
    And while the Wastelands are apocalyptic, they still have remnants of society, and have things such as a government, so it's reasonable to say they still have corporations and businesses.
    A fact backing up my claim is the fact that 2099 was caused by a war between people with powers and humanity. This could be a war between average humans and the supervillains who took over the Earth.
    And, another fact backing up my theory is the events that transpired in All-New X-Men Annual #1 by Brian Michael Bendis. As you can see in the images below, Old Man Logan's future and 2099 are both included in this art.
    Attachment 54548
    Attachment 54549
    Attachment 54550
    While it is possible that these are different universes, it isn't explicitly stated that they aren't one timeline/universe. You may also be wondering, how did things get so advanced? Well think, many heroes and villains have super-advanced tech. And without a hundreds of heroes and villains preventing the public from getting their hands on this advanced technology, it's plausible that society could become a cyberpunk dystopia.
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Headcanons
    Marvel: Earth 298 (2099) is a possible future of Earth 807128 (Old Man Logan's future)

Thoughts? Any holes?
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Headcanons

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

My thoughts are that it is a pretty interesting theory, and it does make a degree of sense. As for any inconsistencies, 2099 (and related) comics have stated before that historical records of the late 20th/early 21st century were corrupted or lost, so it's not like there's anything specifically contradicting that something like Old Man Logan's villain uprising happened between then and 2099. I say "something like" largely because according to the final original 2099 story, Manifest Destiny, it wasn't some great cataclysm that ended the "Heroic Age" but rather simple, all-too-human distrust and greed . . . which scarily enough seems to have foreshadowed the degeneration of contemporary Marvel, with heroes more likely to be at each other's throats than working together against the actual bad guys. That aside, one doesn't entirely preclude the other, and it could be that the heroes were so busy at each other's throats that they never saw the villain uprising coming until it was too late for them to do anything about it and save the world like they had so many times before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Do you think Miguel O'Hara will replace Peter Parker in the late 2000s?
    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.

This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

Ultimate Member

It's nigh impossible to predict what'll happen 80 years from now! 80 years ago, even Batman and Superman didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    My thoughts are that it is a pretty interesting theory, and it does make a degree of sense. As for any inconsistencies, 2099 (and related) comics have stated before that historical records of the late 20th/early 21st century were corrupted or lost, so it's not like there's anything specifically contradicting that something like Old Man Logan's villain uprising happened between then and 2099. I say "something like" largely because according to the final original 2099 story, Manifest Destiny, it wasn't some great cataclysm that ended the "Heroic Age" but rather simple, all-too-human distrust and greed . . . which scarily enough seems to have foreshadowed the degeneration of contemporary Marvel, with heroes more likely to be at each other's throats than working together against the actual bad guys. That aside, one doesn't entirely preclude the other, and it could be that the heroes were so busy at each other's throats that they never saw the villain uprising coming until it was too late for them to do anything about it and save the world like they had so many times before.
    Good points.
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Headcanons

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Well that's more a question for people who'll be ALIVE by then

Ultimate Member

True, lol. I doubt I'll be alive in 2099, I'd be 115 years old!

So, anything to keep us occupied until LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    *Late 2020's...and I doubt it. He will probably make a special return, get a relaunch series to mark the occasion that's assuming if comics are even still a thing by then.

I've started collecting Classic Spider-Man 2099 & the revival series, I think I'm only 1 TPB away from having the entire 90's series (I think there are only 4 volumes iirc).
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion